Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 10:41 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times

Advertisements

LOVED this episode. I thought there were quite a few really really good designs.

[quote=Alinka;49390957
Negatives were the yellow mess Deyonte showed, the red mess Claire with Hair showed, the just a mess from Shawn, and Aaron's opposing leg and arm thing. As a personality, Margarita is not appealing to me, so I can't say I'm objective, but hers last night was a negative for me as well. [/QUOTE]

I agree with Deyonte and Clair and Shawn - especially after looking at the photos on mylifetime again, Claire's was especially hideous looking. I do disagree with Margarita - I thought her look was quite nice, but as with everything this is all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
O
As for his look tonight, I dunno. Could someone really dance in that? But I bet he makes it to the final 3 this season.
I think Brandon has a really interesting aesthetic, though I would not have thought I would like his designs he has show on the show based on the looks from the preview show. Not to sound argumentative (I know tone is really hard to show in forums like this), but I think it was not to showgarments that people could actually dance in but to show the designers interpretation and their interpretation of dance and then make it innovative. I think he did that quite well. But again, this is all subjective and up to personal interpratation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 11:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
I can't figure out what Brandon's outfit was supposed to be. A jacket? A top? A weird kind of dress?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 PM

One more thought on the show before I sign off for the night. Does anyone else think the sponsors for the show have gone downhill for lack of a better word? It seems to me that the retailers and make up sponsors have become less high end. Not sure it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but maybe a sign Project Runway is headed toward the end of the road?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:23 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
The winning look was basically the old standby of a young sexy thing in an oversize mens shirt. Why the gushing? It was a white mens shirt with some extra loops and an extra piece of fabric on the back. GUSHING. Maybe because there wasn't much else to gush about?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:32 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
One more thought on the show before I sign off for the night. Does anyone else think the sponsors for the show have gone downhill for lack of a better word? It seems to me that the retailers and make up sponsors have become less high end. Not sure it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but maybe a sign Project Runway is headed toward the end of the road?
Seems like it with make up and accessories wall but the prizes have seemed pretty big don't you think? Industrial Brother machines are not cheap, though I think 40,000 or whatever it was they said was way inflated.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:08 PM

1,347 posts, read 945,147 times
I wanted to like Margarita's dress, but I thought it was really unflattering in the abdominal area. The model looked like she was trying to hold in a distended belly.

It seemed like they showed a lot less of the twins this week, so apparently the producers figured out that a little of them goes a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Even my husband noticed that... he was like, "the JCPenney wall???" (ETA: I like JCP and shop there, but agree I would not classify it as "high end").

Old 09-05-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I wanted to like Margarita's dress, but I thought it was really unflattering in the abdominal area. The model looked like she was trying to hold in a distended belly.

It seemed like they showed a lot less of the twins this week, so apparently the producers figured out that a little of them goes a long way.

Even my husband noticed that... he was like, "the JCPenney wall???" (ETA: I like JCP and shop there, but agree I would not classify it as "high end").

LOL. I buy things from JCP, and like some of what they have too . And it works for my budget, but it is definitely not "high end" I remember towards the beginning they had sponsors like Lord and Taylor and Nordstrom, but maybe my memory is getting a little foggy.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:33 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,600 times
The comments on the sponsor wall from IndyDancer, easternerDC, and Giesela made me think about who the previous sponsors were. This is what I came up with, by season: 1-2 Banana Republic, 3&6 Macy's, 4,5&7 Bluefly, 8&9 Piperlime, 10-11 Lord&Taylor, 12 Belk, 13 Aldo, 14&15 Just Fab.

So, now I'm thinking about who sponsored the Hair and Makeup during past seasons.

Of course, I should be working...

Old 09-05-2017, 02:39 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,600 times
easternerDC- we posted at the same time...For All Stars I found: 1 Neiman Marcus, 2 Nine West, 3-4 QVC, and 5, Bauble Bar.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:47 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,719,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
So, now I'm thinking about who sponsored the Hair and Makeup during past seasons.

Of course, I should be working...
Not in any particular order...

Makeup:
Avon
MaryKay
Sally Beauty
L'Oreal

Hair:
Chi
Schwarzkopf
Sally Beauty
TRESemme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV