U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 03:06 PM

860 posts, read 439,919 times

Advertisements

I like how Tim always says to use the accessories wall "very thoughtfully" PR has lots of these sayings that I love. Like "one day you're in, next day you're out" "make it work". " I've got to send you to the workroom......." there's a familiarity with the show, with Tim and Heidi and Nina, Zack. When a new season starts I feel like I'm back home again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 02:56 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,255,042 times
I just binge watched the first three episodes to get caught up with y'all and I think I saw Shawn on clip on the first episode that was previewing the season and her hair looked like it had a few weeks of growth to it. This makes me think that we are in for at least a couple of more episodes of her. I loved it when she said something like "maybe I'm not cut out for this". I felt like shouting at the TV (computer actually) - You are NOT cut out for this!!!! Those two are so annoying!

I am completely smitten with Brandon....

Old 09-08-2017, 01:54 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,255,042 times
Last night's episode: I reluctantly sort of liked Shawn's pajamas. Only sort of because I dislike her so much it is hard to be objective.

Aaron's design was awful, but his own outfit was worse! He looked ridiculous with girl's baby-doll pajama bottoms with his tidy-whities showing underneath. I'm so glad they called him out!

I really liked Samantha's design but she was just safe...

The winner was the winner. Very, very pretty.

And the right guy went home. His design was absolutely awful and soooo unbecoming!

Old 09-08-2017, 02:44 PM

724 posts, read 1,107,775 times
My first reaction to the presented looks was that I don't find pastels especially sexy. It wasn't until I read a recap on another forum that I learned the designers were told they couldn't show anything black. That stipulation obviously escaped me.

In terms of sexy, Batani's was the most attractive to me. Although very dissimilar, I also liked Anaya's as well. Probably my favorite moment of this episode was the look Nina gave Shawn when she launched into her explanation of her inspiration. Pretentious at least. (Although I think "Ninagarcia" can be pretentious too.)

For me, Michael's look would not have won. That strap around the neck would. just. make. me. crazy.
Claire- the color just about gave me a migraine. For no special reason, I also didn't like Samantha's, but I like her a lot. I enjoyed the exchange in the workroom between her and Kintaro. This was just not Kenya's week, but I am glad she was saved.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:51 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,140,440 times
It was so weird how some designers got zero attention during the show - half the stuff that came down the runway was a total suprise! I liked more of them though I can barely remember them since I only saw them once!Like the one with the long blue strips, saw it for what 5 seconds? There were some designs in there I might have considered for top 3 other than the ones that made it. I did like the winner but I would have liked to been able to compare to some of the others more.

Frankly I agree with..oh shoot I cant remember names...who said the material sucked. Every so often someone would say oh this silk is so hard - but it was just cheap nasty satin as near as I could tell. Very hot to sleep in, hate it. And yes hard to sew so for designers who hadn't, like those who haven't been to to design school or eh hem, teaching at a design school for years, it would be doubly hard. I'm not impressed with her so far. So I'm glad the woman who almost got auf'ed stayed because she is totally self taught.

Was glad the whole twin things helping each other got brought up. I brought that up after epi 1 in a different forum and was poo poo'd. They don't "help" or "assist" each other a little - they totally collaborate. And its not right. I get the feeling that the twins and their collaborating is being done on purpose to ramp up to big drama at some point. I really want to see them work alone.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:11 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
I cannot remember any of their names but yea--the one that was 3 piece set, blue with stripes around edges---totally should have won.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,812,198 times
That was Samantha's - and I liked it best too. I've really liked almost all of her stuff so far; don't know why the judges are just keeping her safe. The design that won was very pretty, but that cord up by the neck could easily choke someone, I think. Guess we'll find out if Heidi gets sued by someone who buys it!

Old 09-08-2017, 10:07 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
That was Samantha's - and I liked it best too. I've really liked almost all of her stuff so far; don't know why the judges are just keeping her safe. The design that won was very pretty, but that cord up by the neck could easily choke someone, I think. Guess we'll find out if Heidi gets sued by someone who buys it!
yea-Samantha...............she's the one to watch

Old 09-09-2017, 10:35 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,989 times
I was surprised that Samantha's look was not in the top. But that being said, I did like Kintaro's and Michael's looks. Also, hated to admit that I liked Shawn's look. I kept thinking that with Michael and Shawn in the top, that maybe this was the episode where Michael accuses someone of cheating??

At least for me, it seems to be alluding to something between Michael and one of the twins. Hard to say though.

I am glad that Kenya was safe, I did not want to see her go.

And OMG, Aaron's outfit (for himself) on the runway. That was soooo distracting.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:54 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,812,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
And OMG, Aaron's outfit (for himself) on the runway.
Yes, his little bloomers made me laugh. Don't know why they had to be sheer, though.

Fashion is supposed to be knowing your true self, and expressing that true self through what you wear.

Aaron's personal clothing and designs do stay pretty true to who he feels he is right now. So, more power to him!

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 09-10-2017 at 05:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or