Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 10:06 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh, that's interesting. I was shocked too. I think sometimes the judges are a bit dismissive of older artists. Patricia is a larger woman, too, so I think she's more relatable to viewers, but not the high fashion folks.
I liked her in her season. But I remember the first episode of all stars, and I was so disappointed. I just remember her look being quite terrible, and I was sad, because I liked her designs so much during her regular season.

Now as for this season and last weeks episode, I am surprised again the judges did not call out Shawn for her attitude more. That being said, I do think the right person went home, though I really wanted it to be Shawn. The pretentious attitude just grates at me.

I honestly dont see her lasting much longer, though. Indeed. I dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 06:39 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I liked her in her season. But I remember the first episode of all stars, and I was so disappointed. I just remember her look being quite terrible, and I was sad, because I liked her designs so much during her regular season.

Now as for this season and last weeks episode, I am surprised again the judges did not call out Shawn for her attitude more. That being said, I do think the right person went home, though I really wanted it to be Shawn. The pretentious attitude just grates at me.

I honestly dont see her lasting much longer, though. Indeed. I dont.
Don't you think they choose some designers as much for their personalities as their design skills? If everyone was a potential winner, how could they eliminate someone every week?

Old 08-28-2017, 07:37 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
Very late to the party regarding episode 2. In terms of designs I agree with Ayana as the winner. I thought her design was polished. Although much has been posted about the twins I can't resist. Shaved Indeed- had the nerve to criticize Samantha's braided top? Really? Then she went on to say that Amy was the one who should be sent home. What?

I liked Amy's top/jacket. Another design I liked was Kudzanai. One of my favorites Kenya, was disappointing to me. And, while I agree that Batani was much improved from the first episode I didn't really like what she did this week.

A little OT but not completely, and a little bit of a rant: I think the name "Tsunami" is in poor taste. It does not conjure up a beachy resorty thing to me. It is violence and tragedy. I think about Nate Berkus whose first husband literally was washed away and presumed dead when a tsunami struck where they were vacationing, somewhere in SE Asia.

Glad this episode is history.

Also can't resist this PS- anyone catch what HK wore to the VMA's yesterday? Hoping it will be addressed on FP tonight.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:52 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I'm old - I don't have a clue who HK is or what FP is!

Oh wait - You must mean Heidi Klum. Well, I got half if it!

Old 08-29-2017, 11:07 AM

741 posts, read 1,379,815 times
Hi, 601,

FP is Fashion Police. It is an occasional tv show on the Kardashian network, aka E! It started out as a weekly series. The moderator was Joan Rivers, and she had a panel. The panel members were George Kostinopolous (sp), Kelly Osbourne and Giuliana Rancic.

After Joan's death her daughter Melissa, who was a producer, took over as moderator. The show is now on only following different events. The next one will be after the Emmy's in September. IIRC others are Academy Awards, Fashion Week, that Anna Wintour gala ball; those kinds of things. The panel is now Giuliana, a stylist Brad(?), NeNe Leakes and Margaret Cho.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Everyone took Shawn's comments re designing for a plus size model as some sort of truth but to me the truth is her sister saying, yea, she gets in her head and driven by fear - as in this happens ALL THE TIME. Shawn melt downs.
Personally while I realize in the past that contestants have occasionally helped each other what the twins are doing is
not fair. They know each other and they help each other way more than is fair to the other contestants.
I think she should have gone home just on the basis of the fact that the team, which came in on the bottom in part to her,
had to spend a lot of time dealing with her and helping her.

Cant remember the guy with the weird gold dress (who I thought should have gone home in the first episode) but I think he had another fail even though I can't remember it. The guy who went home might have had some promise in the future, not sure.

I didn't like the winning design and thought someone else should have won. That silver on silver triangle thing in the middle looked like a superhero, the fringe was way too long and out of proportion.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:42 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Great runway tonight, and I think the judges got it right, despite how I wish Shawn had made a hideous look and was gone. Even the other contestants are sick of the twins. At least, with this episode, it made me want to see the whole show. I hope it gets better each week, and if the twins go, it will.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:33 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
Oh man, when the needle went through that designer's finger! Eeeeew! I'm surprised he didn't faint. I would have!

Did anyone else catch when Brandon's model said that most of the models are half in love with Brandon? I did, because I find him kind of strangely attractive myself. He's not good looking at all, but there's something compelling about him -- he has that THING. Is it possible to send pheromones over the tv waves?

As for his look tonight, I dunno. Could someone really dance in that? But I bet he makes it to the final 3 this season.

I really liked Ayanna's look this epi. Didn't like either the losing look or Maragarita's look at all.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:28 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Oh man, when the needle went through that designer's finger! Eeeeew! I'm surprised he didn't faint. I would have!

Did anyone else catch when Brandon's model said that most of the models are half in love with Brandon? I did, because I find him kind of strangely attractive myself. He's not good looking at all, but there's something compelling about him -- he has that THING. Is it possible to send pheromones over the tv waves?

As for his look tonight, I dunno. Could someone really dance in that? But I bet he makes it to the final 3 this season.

I really liked Ayanna's look this epi. Didn't like either the losing look or Maragarita's look at all.
Yes I did catch the remark about Brandon! Too funny. He does have something about him. His look was wonderful, but I didn't understand it being the winning look either it didn't move!

I am terrible at names so I may be liking the same look. The one that was like a butterfly I thought was beautiful!

The twins... need to go.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
I agree-the butterfly garment was superb!!!
I would have been ok with ALL 3 in the bottom going home for the horrid outfits they designed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV