Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 05:46 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Did you have to make this post? Couldn't you have just allowed the art of my post to have flowed over you?
I could have, and I even understand your point. I am just doing what people do, replying to a point. I really think you can make these arguments with books, but tv shows are constrained by time, budgets, technology, and all sorts of things.

But I listen to other points of view, so I did let your art flow over me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You made an inference that Gilly read that. It may be true, but the maester that wrote it was probably not around long enough to know that a baby was even born, let alone that a boy named Jon was born. We know what probably transpired, but to know that it was written down as such may be a stretch. The characters may have to put two and two together.
They will have to put two and two together, which I believe I mentioned. They will have to believe the Three Eyed Raven that Jon is the child of Rhaegar and Lianna as well. Seems a stretch.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
As an animal lover, I have to ask - what do they do to the wolves to get them to snarl like that? Seems like something you can't train them to do - has to be provoked in some way.

And, this may seem like a silly question, but it bothers me in all shows that have battle scenes....horses are falling over left and right - seems like they would get hurt since even a stumble can cause them to break a leg. Is this something they are trained to do, and how do they do it safely?

I often fast forward the battle scenes because it is so upsetting to watch the horses.
I hope you watched the Battle of the Bastards at least because that was probably the best medieval battle scene I've ever watched. And there were few scenes with horses.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
While I agree with your sentiments, because you always risk a horse getting hurt by forcing them down, I was always more concerned with how they got babies that are crying and in distress. Seriously, I am bothered that they would purposefully do something to get a baby upset to cry, for some kind of entertainment.
They don't really have to make a happy baby cry. They could just have the sound effects and it appears they're crying because you can't really see their face. Or it could be that the babies cried so they incorporated it into the scene. I'm sure the poor baby won't be crying too much if they end up with a nice college fund (assuming their parents don't blow all the money).

Old 08-20-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
After college, a buddy of mine worked for a non profit organization where they would rescue wolves in Idaho. Apparently a lot of wolves get caught in traps, and they would search known hunting areas and rescue these wolves and nurse them back to health. My buddy kept one of the wolves that he rescued as a pup. I remember him telling me that he had to register it as a German shepherd hybrid because of laws against keeping wolves as pets.

His wolf was really big. Not dire wolf size, of course, but bigger than any German shepherd I have ever seen. Anyway, one day, I was at his house and I made myself a sandwich in the kitchen. I put it down on the counter right next to me while I put the stuff back in the refrigerator. I turned back to the sandwich, but it wasn't there. I thought I was going crazy. Did I put it somewhere else? I had drank a few beers prior, maybe I put it somewhere else? So I made another sandwich, and again, the same exact thing happened. It was gone. I thought my friend was messing with me, until I looked at the doorway, and saw the end of the wolf's snout sticking out. He was in the next room waiting for me to make the next sandwich. It amazed me that this big beast could sneak by me within inches, and silently steal a sandwich off the counter and escape with it without me hearing a thing. I have had a lot of respect for wolves ever since.
I think I would make that guy put his wolf outside or in a kennel before I went to his house. Yikes!

Old 08-20-2017, 06:10 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think I would make that guy put his wolf outside or in a kennel before I went to his house. Yikes!
Then I don't think you would be going to his house. LOL. Those two were inseparable.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:21 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Holy CRAP!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:23 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
That's not good.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:43 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Surprised? You shouldn't be! Two big ones tonight. Or more.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times
I need to go to bed but I'm still too wound up from tonight's episode. GAH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV