Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 02:38 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Didn't Luca Brasi wind up dead early on in the book/movie?

IMO, Gregor Clegane is the Luca Brasi of Westeros, a murderous brute that is totally dedicated to his master, in this case, either Qyburn or Cersei.

Arya Stark, on the other hand, seems to be channeling Hannibal Lector, but without the questionable dining habits.
Arya will figure it out, and she and Sansa will run a con on Little Finger, and finish him, just as he begins to think he has it all going his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 02:38 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think she could possibly take him. She is quick like Oberyn Martell, and he could have beaten The Mountain if he didn't let his pride get the better of him.

Of course he knew how to use those long spears. Arya would have to get much closer, and that is very dangerous.
The Mountain wouldn't even use a sword. He'd walk up to Arya and pull her apart by her limbs.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:39 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The Mountain wouldn't even use a sword. He'd walk up to Arya and pull her apart by her limbs.
He'd have to catch her, first.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:45 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
That would be a waste of energy and effort. The Mountain is a shell of his old self. .
He looked formidable as ever last season when those sparrow monks tried to take Cersei to answer a summons from the High Sparrow.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:51 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Sansa was weak, but why don't we consider Arya equally "weak" when she had multiple opportunities to end Tywin Lannister?
Arya hadn't been through training at that time. She would have had a hard time with an escape without having a face (Tywin's?) to wear.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Didn't Luca Brasi wind up dead early on in the book/movie?

IMO, Gregor Clegane is the Luca Brasi of Westeros, a murderous brute that is totally dedicated to his master, in this case, either Qyburn or Cersei.

Arya Stark, on the other hand, seems to be channeling Hannibal Lector, but without the questionable dining habits.
Eating no, but cooking? Yes.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
He looked formidable as ever last season when those sparrow monks tried to take Cersei to answer a summons from the High Sparrow.
Tough but no display of speed yet.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:00 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
When Thoros of Myr got mauled by the bear, that was another name removed from Arya's list. The Hound was on it, but I am assuming he has been removed since she had the chance to kill him and walked away.

So that leaves Cersei, Mellisandre, Beric Dondarrion, Ilyn Payne and Gregor Clegane.

Old 08-22-2017, 03:51 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,772,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
100% wanted to cry when the dragon died. :-(
A totally wow scene for me too. I felt so sorry for the dragon (Dani's WMD)

So far with this season, most of my favorite scenes have involved the dragons. I've watched those parts repeatedly with awe.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:05 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I dunno. If I were taking this too seriously (*reminding myself right now, just a show, not real people*) I'd say it's something that Sansa is even as capable as she is though. She started out as a weak personality, all fancy dreams and denial of reality, then was helpless and easy to manipulate and at the mercy of anyone who had custody of her...which was just the golden opportunity that Littlefinger has wet dreams about right? I mean, she's hot like a young Catlyn, but malleable and easy to make into one's pawn.

At least at this point, she is aware of the danger of others taking advantage of her, is skeptical of their motives, and she is trying to be wise. She's doing her best, but she's bound to have a lot of self-doubt.

Girl needs some therapy.
She's also very young (even in the show, where she's older than the books). She was what, fifteen or so at the start of the series? And it's been a few years, so maybe 17 or 18? Girl doesn't even have a fully grown frontal lobe of her brain yet. I'm willing to cut her some slack as long as she's making progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV