Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 11:04 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
True.

Now that the truth is known about Olenna, it should be clear to everyone that Tyrion's trial was every bit the sham that it was. Tyrion told them all in court that he was on trial for being a dwarf, and now he has proof. It is obvious that Tywin was trying to frame Tyrion. Everything Shae said in court was clearly a lie, and they know this because Olenna confessed. Shae was sleeping with Tywin at the time, so there is that.
Right now it is only Jaime that knows the truth. It reminds to be seen what he does with that knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Right now it is only Jaime that knows the truth. It reminds to be seen what he does with that knowledge.
Exactly. But if he does tell her, I can see her answer as something as, "We knew that". That being the straw that breaks the camels back between them.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:22 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Speaking of Bronn as one of the great characters, I was disappointed to see him riding with Jaime and the Lannister troops. I know he's a sellsword, but c'mon - have a little ethics, will 'ya? Geez!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:30 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Last night's episode was definitely the best of the season so far. The writing is strong again.

Although this is feeling very, very rushed. The fall of Casterly Rock could have easily spanned 4-5 episodes, but they handled it in about 5 minutes. And the Lannisters defeated the Tyrells in about 30 seconds. It really seems that they are rushing things along to try to end this as soon as possible.

And I am already very, very tired of Euron Greyjoy's magic ship, which can seemingly travel thousands of miles in a matter of hours and appear out of nowhere without explanation. Deux ex naviga? Would it kill the writers to glance at a map once in a while?
I don't think it was "rushing to try and end this as soon as possible" so much as it is simply budget limitations. GOT has always had tremendous production values for a TV series. Each time they stage one of those battles it costs plenty in hiring extras and creating special effects.

Apart from Jamie and Lady Olenna, we the audience didn't know any of the participants in the assault on her castle. Showing a full scale battle would have been us watching a bunch of people we don't know, kill one another. We haven't seen Jamie fight anyone since he lost his hand, and of course Lady Olenna would not have been wielding a sword. So the producers figured...why spend a huge chunk of money staging something which would just be a generic battle?

I agree with you that they are really stretching credulity with the omniscient, sees in the dark, sails without reference to wind direction, arrives invisibly, and travels great distances in impossibly short periods of time..admiralty of Euron Greyjoy.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Speaking of Bronn as one of the great characters, I was disappointed to see him riding with Jaime and the Lannister troops. I know he's a sellsword, but c'mon - have a little ethics, will 'ya? Geez!
Didn't Bronn tell Tyrion (when Tyrion was awaiting his sham trial and looking for a champion) that Bronn has been offered money, title, AND his own castle + land by Cercei? For someone who's never owned anything in his life, land and property are something you don't turn down.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I was thinking of how crazy it would be if it was Tyrion. What if he remains a true Lannister after all, and all of this stuff he is doing with Daenerys is just an amazingly convincing act.
That would be out of character for Tyrion. He has been portrayed as the only Lannister with a conscience, someone who aspires more for a peaceful, prosperous Westeros than for personal power or gain.

And after he put an arrow through Dad's groin in the bathroom, that pretty much ended any chance of reconciliation with his siblings. I would be gravely disappointed if the show took the direction you outline above.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:37 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Didn't Bronn tell Tyrion (when Tyrion was awaiting his sham trial and looking for a champion) that Bronn has been offered money, title, AND his own castle + land by Cercei? For someone who's never owned anything in his life, land and property are something you don't turn down.
That and I think he had become pretty good friends with Jamie. I mean, Jamie would be an ok guy if it wasn't for the whole sleeps with/is in love with his sister thing which has been the reason behind all of the bad things he's done.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Bron is one of my favorite characters, but he has always been depicted as looking out for his own interests first. Remember the scene where Tyrion tried to recruit him to fight The Mountain? Bronn stated flatly that he did not think the risk justified...and Tyrion completely understood, telling Bronn that there were no hard feelings.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:42 AM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
In the books he got that for his part in the Battle of the Bywater, some of which is in the show. In that universe Cersei despises Bronn and puts a contract out on him with Lollys Stokeworth's brother in law (Lollys is who Bronn marries. She got raped by half the peasants in King's Landing in the riot back in season two and ended up pregnant. A fact Cersei continually mentions).

Anyway, the brother in law challenges Bronn to a duel and shows up in full armor while Bronn does not. Bronn wins, the new widow goes to Cersei crying and is immediately given to Qyburn for "treatment". That doesn't end well for her.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
At River run, I'm pretty sure Jamie gave Bronn a crappy job and replied something to the effect of "you're ser Bronn now". To which Bronn replied "being a sell sword paid better". I don't recall the exact conversation.

Will Sam find something good in the scrolls? While it appears the maester is on his side, he can't let the breach of infectious disease protocol go unpunished, nor can he allow him the clearance to go into the locked library. Perhaps this is a way to aid him without being obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV