Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 01:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times

Advertisements

This whole capture a white walker story line is asinine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,731,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's only a matter of time before they get together. When they entered that cave together, it made me think of Jon and Ygritte...
If the theory is proven about Jon's parentage (I don't think the show has ever confirmed it, just hinted it a couple of times), it will be the ickiest hero/heroine pairing on TV. Yes, we have Cercei and Jamie, but they're not exactly portrayed as hero and heroine.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
If the theory is proven about Jon's parentage (I don't think the show has ever confirmed it, just hinted it a couple of times)
Yeah, giant flashing neon sign hints. I would pretty much consider Jon's parentage confirmed.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:42 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,518,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Same actor, he went with the shorter hair fad that Jamie started a few seasons back.
It was however, a different actor playing Drogon.
Yeah, sounds different. Smiles more.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:51 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
They're going to capture a wight or two. They're likely more tractable than one of the Others/White Walkers.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:53 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,400,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
If the theory is proven about Jon's parentage (I don't think the show has ever confirmed it, just hinted it a couple of times), it will be the ickiest hero/heroine pairing on TV. Yes, we have Cercei and Jamie, but they're not exactly portrayed as hero and heroine.
Yes, I can see it now...

Jon comes back to Winterfell and introduces Danni as his new wife...

And Bran blurts out "DUDE! SHE"S YOUR AUNT!"...

And then Sansa and Arya both go "EWWWWWWWW!".

Old 08-14-2017, 02:03 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yes, I can see it now...

Jon comes back to Winterfell and introduces Danni as his new wife...

And Bran blurts out "DUDE! SHE"S YOUR AUNT!"...

And then Sansa and Arya both go "EWWWWWWWW!".
That is definitely the best post of the thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:07 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It is. How have all these previously smart characters' brains suddenly stopped working? The Tyrion of Seasons 1-5 would never put an ounce of faith in Cersei's willingness to be reasonable. Varis, Jon, etc. ... not one of them says, "Why are we walking off beyond the wall? You do realize you have three flying dragons, right?"

For the first several seasons, I hailed the TV show writers' ability to move Martin's plot along at a brisk pace without following all of his sidetrails. But now that the TV writers are off on their own, I'm starting to realize they needed Martin after all.

I just can't figure out if the writers are really trying and just not doing a very good job --- or if they're so close to the end they no longer care.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:09 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,518,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
They're going to capture a wight or two. They're likely more tractable than one of the Others/White Walkers.
Since there was a scene in the preview that showed two White Walkers I'm guessing they catch one of them. Question is, who dies to set them free?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:15 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But how is that going to work exactly? It's not like catching a lion where you can tranquilize it. It seems the only real choices are kill it or be killed by it. And I'm not sure what value there'd be in bringing a "dead" wight to Cersei since she'd likely think they just uncovered a rotting corpse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV