U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 PM

13,020 posts, read 5,409,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
There were a couple of giants beside Wun Wun when the wildings reached the wall and were trying to climb it (Episode 9, Season 4: Wildlings On The Wall). I believe they were killed during that battle if not when Stannis and his army went to save Jon.
Didn't they bury or burn all the bodies after the battle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 03:25 AM

3,984 posts, read 2,972,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
There have been several backstory references to Stannis heroically holding Dragonstone with a tiny force...so apparently a large army is not required to defend it.

Of course big or small, what would a defending force do against three dragons? I don't think that the science of anti-aircraft fire has been developed yet in Westeros.
Yeah, dragons took down Harrenhall easily when the Targs originally invaded, and it was supposed to be one of the most formidable defensive structures of the time.

Quote:
If Jon is truly the offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, that would make Daenerys his aunt.

She is out to conquer the Seven Kingdoms, but she has already cut a deal to make the Iron Islands independent. When she learns that the new "King In The North" is actually her nephew, would she still move to displace him in order to consolidate her hold on all of Westeros?
Targaryen way is to marry your relatives and consolidate power

Old 07-19-2017, 03:40 AM

42,272 posts, read 49,821,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I didn't think the Faceless Men could assume the voices of the faces they wore. How did Arya manage to sound exactly like Walder Frey?

Sansa is going to be a real thorn in John's side....it's obvious she wants to be in charge and there will be a huge power play. Her undermining him at the meeting didn't go well at all.
Yeah, it didn't feel like she was undermining him. Just expressing her opinion...AND it was kind of brilliant, bc it allowed him to express how strongly he felt about bringing the black sheep back into the fold. Like he was doing them this big favor instead of begging them to be part of the fight against the walkers.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:14 AM

3,984 posts, read 2,972,215 times
I think the real Sansa question is whether she'll keep supporting his rule when she finds out Jon isn't her older brother, and therefore a very strong claimant to Ned's title even if he is a bastard, but her cousin, which is a much weaker claim. They did grow up together, but they weren't close like Jon was with Arya or Robb.

Of course, Bran would properly be lord of Winterfell now, and soon they'll know he's alive. I suspect he'll just renounce his claim, though. Hard to be a warleader when you're paraplegic and the trees are constantly talking to you.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:42 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,300,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
I loved it!!!! I feel like I was soaking it all up like bread with gravy.

I loved the opening, at first I thought it was a flash back and then it hit me. Very rewarding!
I loved the scene with Arya and the soliders. I was so apprehensive about that scene...usually when things are set up like that it ALWAYS ends up badly.
I loved that Bran made it to the wall.
I loved the scene with the Hound. He had some great one liners there. I loved that he buried the bodies.
I loved that Sansa gave LittleFinger basically THE FINGER! haha That line "No need to seize the last word, I'll assume it was something clever!" He'll need the Red Woman to recover from that burn.
I LOVVVVVED the scene with Brienne and Tormund. I was giggling like a school girl when he was making eyes at her. I want more of them!!! Love them!!!!
The scene with Sam, well didn't love seeing that montage but it made me laugh. Poor Sam, I was hoping he'd be much further along.
LOVE the lady from Bear Island. She just rocks.
LOVE the ending with Dany coming home. So majestic. I half expected Gendry to be sitting on the throne for kicks!
That ending was great..."Shall we begin." YESSSSS!!!!
I apologize for asking so many questions, my memory is not good....but I was wondering, who were those people that the Hound buried, it seemed like he knew them?

I like him...he is rough but very kind hearted. I hope he meets back up with Arya....

Yes, the scene with Arya and the soliders could have gone anywhere, it was kinda an edge of your seat scene....loved it when she said, "I'm going to kill the Queen!"

Old 07-19-2017, 04:49 AM

10 posts, read 3,503 times
We finally returned to the world of fight and backstabbing. Really excited about the new season

Old 07-19-2017, 05:16 AM

9,877 posts, read 11,387,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I apologize for asking so many questions, my memory is not good....but I was wondering, who were those people that the Hound buried, it seemed like he knew them?

I like him...he is rough but very kind hearted. I hope he meets back up with Arya....

If you remember last season, when he and Arya were on their little adventure, they stopped at a house with a man and a child and stayed there for a few days. The man was very kind. At the beginning of their stay, he mentioned that he had silver, etc. As they were going to leave, the Hound killed them and said "they were going to starve to death this winter anyway." Arya was furious.

Prior to Episode 1 starting, when they did all the flashbacks of the previous season, that scene was one of them.

So when the Hound came upon that house and didn't want to go in, it's because he knew they were dead in there. He apparently has his conscience now and decided to bury them.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM

5,829 posts, read 3,774,480 times
Quote:
If Jon is truly the offspring of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, that would make Daenerys his aunt.

She is out to conquer the Seven Kingdoms, but she has already cut a deal to make the Iron Islands independent. When she learns that the new "King In The North" is actually her nephew, would she still move to displace him in order to consolidate her hold on all of Westeros?
Jon has always been a reluctant leader. He also has his mind squarely on defeating the White Walkers as his ultimate job. If he finds out about his relationship with Dany, I think he will pursue an alliance, before he gives up his "crown". Don't forget, it was Cercei's husband that took the throne away from the Targaryans. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The Lannisters may be in charge but it was Robert who put them there. Ned was only a small part of that.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:04 AM

37,055 posts, read 17,459,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, it didn't feel like she was undermining him. Just expressing her opinion...AND it was kind of brilliant, bc it allowed him to express how strongly he felt about bringing the black sheep back into the fold. Like he was doing them this big favor instead of begging them to be part of the fight against the walkers.
What I took from the scene was that Jon had the superior understanding of the men he was leading. Sansa was appealing to their greed, offering the lands of the defeated northmen to those who had remained loyal to the House of Stark. Jon was remembering how ashamed several of the still loyal men had been over sitting on their hands while Jon was fighting to retake Winterfell, and his appeal was to their honor.

Honor won.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:29 AM

37,055 posts, read 17,459,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post

Of course, Bran would properly be lord of Winterfell now, and soon they'll know he's alive. I suspect he'll just renounce his claim, though. Hard to be a warleader when you're paraplegic and the trees are constantly talking to you.
Lord of Winterfell would be a subordinate position to "King In The North" so Brandon would be a vassal of Jon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or