U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2017, 02:20 PM

37,055 posts, read 17,459,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Actually, I'm pretty certain that in episode 5, when Brandon wargs into a flock of ravens and goes spying north of the wall, when the White Walkers are spotted in the midst of their army of wights, the Walkers were seen to be arguing over the best way to fold their AAA map.

White Walkers haven't figured out Google Maps yet.
Did you notice the incredible velocity of those ravens? If you watch the land disappearing beneath them, they appear to be moving at jet fighter speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:25 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,366,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Did you notice the incredible velocity of those ravens? If you watch the land disappearing beneath them, they appear to be moving at jet fighter speed.
The show probably sped up the video of their flight, to make it less boring for the viewers. It's several days journey from Winterfell to the Wall, then several more days from the Wall to where ever the Army of the Dead was having it's winter jamboree. Bran must have been in a warg coma for more than a week, waiting for those birds to eventually arrive on target. My guess is that the Night's King didn't break Bran's control over the ravens, but rather the ravens finally fell out of the air dead from lack of food, water, and sleep.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:29 PM

5,773 posts, read 2,966,169 times
That was a great reaction Jon had to being called short....

Old 08-15-2017, 02:34 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,304,066 times
Quote:
The show probably sped up the video of their flight, to make it less boring for the viewers. It's several days journey from Winterfell to the Wall, then several more days from the Wall to where ever the Army of the Dead was having it's winter jamboree.<>
I was wondering, do you suppose they get badges and such?
Look, I got my "Explode a Horse" patch by attending a practice session down in the cave!
Session XVII, Burlap as a substitute for skin . . .

Old 08-15-2017, 02:43 PM

37,055 posts, read 17,459,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I was wondering, do you suppose they get badges and such?
Look, I got my "Explode a Horse" patch by attending a practice session down in the cave!
Session XVII, Burlap as a substitute for skin . . .
I think it is the comprehensive veteran's benefits package offered by the Night King which attracts so many volunteers to the Army of the Dead.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:45 PM

2,459 posts, read 636,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post

Gendry is a Baratheon, not a Targaryen.
My understanding is, that King Robert Baratheon's grandmother was a Targaryen, Rhaelle Targaryen, who would marry Ormund Baratheon, and they would have a son, Steffon, who would be the father of Robert, Stannis and Renley. This fact here is why after the defeat of the reining Targaryen's, Robert's Targaryen blood would make it possible for him to be the one sitting on the Iron Throne, not Ned.

And my question was, since Gendry does indeed have Targaryen blood flowing through his veins, (I said nothing about his last name) then wouldn't he have the potential ability to connect with the dragons?

Old 08-15-2017, 03:58 PM

2,459 posts, read 636,447 times
Quote:
Tyrion seems to like Varys, maybe Daenerys is just humoring him.

Seriously though, Varys probably still has his network of spies in Essos which would be helpful in keeping tabs on the cities in Slaver's Bay. Additionally, Varys has been in service to at least three kings (Aerys II, Robert, and Joffrey), he at least brings an insight on what not to do as a regent.
But here's a question my cousin was asking. How did Tyrion know Jaimi and Bronn were still alive and how did he arrange Bronn to help set up a meeting place for him and Jaimi?

Old 08-15-2017, 05:06 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,830,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But here's a question my cousin was asking. How did Tyrion know Jaimi and Bronn were still alive and how did he arrange Bronn to help set up a meeting place for him and Jaimi?
You need to remember that the time-scale is not completely linear. It was a number of days, and maybe weeks between the battle at Bitterbridge and when tyrion set up the meet with Jaime
And anything Varys knows, Tyrion can find out.

Old 08-15-2017, 05:10 PM

9,653 posts, read 9,487,559 times
Someone on Reddit transcribed the note.....

Quote:
Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robertís brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to Kingís Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark. Your faithful sister, Sansa

Old 08-15-2017, 06:10 PM

2,039 posts, read 2,782,620 times
You guys are a hoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or