U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,098,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
If that was what I was saying, I would have said it. I shall not invest time arguing with your imagination.
And yet in your very next post you used your own imagination stating that they were shown "coming up from the bottom" when we were never shown that they ever reached the bottom. I guess there are nits to pick everywhere and if that is what makes you happy then go for it. As for me I will follow the the immortal advise of Sgt. Hulka and, lighten up Francis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 04:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 4,199,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
This is where Breaking Bad will always be far above the quality of Game of Thrones.
In all fairness, they are two *very* different shows (and genres). I loved BB, it's the rare series that never slipped in quality, and in fact got better in the endgame.

GoT is a fantasy story in a make-believe world. I think, depending on how these last 8 episodes go, it has a chance to be the best ever in its field.

Quote:
Bad science fiction is when the writer violates the established rules, whether for convenience, out of laziness or forgetfulness.
You keep saying they are violating rules. They're not. They are leaving out the fluff & slog, and telling a tight story.

Quote:
Or the show expecting us to believe that no one at the Black Castle would have bothered sending a raven to Winterfell with the news that Brandon had turned up alive.

Those weren't "deliberate choices", they were goofs.
But was it? What if Bran told Dolorous Edd not to say anything? What if Bran was afraid who might intercept it (Littlefinger or some other ne'er do well), and perhaps send someone to kill him in route? Or what if the Three Eyed Raven saw something that made him hold back?

We don't know these things, and we don't care. And the story not only didn't suffer for it, it was better, due to the dramatic entry.

Let it go... let it flow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
(Just please don't let Ghost turn up as a White 4-legged Walker, that's all I ask!)
Speaking of Ghost, I vaguely recall a quick comment about Ghost this week, maybe from Sansa? Have we seen Ghost this season?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:21 PM

36,977 posts, read 17,444,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

But was it? What if Bran told Dolorous Edd not to say anything? What if Bran was afraid who might intercept it (Littlefinger or some other ne'er do well), and perhaps send someone to kill him in route? Or what if the Three Eyed Raven saw something that made him hold back?
Were we shown any of these things happening? No. Is there any reason at to think that any of them are true? None. All are the product of your using your imagination to try and explain why something seemingly illogical was presented.

The show is not some infallible entity, there is no reason to treat it like it is, no reason to always spring to its defense when a flaw is uncovered. I suppose it is a personality thing. Just as I am the sort to be annoyed by what I see as lazy writing, there are those among us who will stretch their imaginations to any length to defend it.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:33 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,296,536 times
Quote:
<>The show is not some infallible entity, there is no reason to treat it like it is, no reason to always spring to its defense when a flaw is uncovered. <>
Avoiding those "flaws" is why the books are so huge. Does anyone really want to wait another 5 years to get to the end?
"Some do, apparently"

Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,362,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Speaking of Ghost, I vaguely recall a quick comment about Ghost this week, maybe from Sansa? Have we seen Ghost this season?
I think that we've only seen the one scene of a direwolf in Season 7 - Arya's encounter with Nymeria.

The show runners have said in interviews that the direwolves are CGI and they're not happy with the quality for the wolves. Add in that CGI is expensive, and we've seen the dragons a lot more this season - I call it a trade-off. I'm guessing that won't see direwolves again until they have an impact on the story line.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:09 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,642,852 times
So it still looks like Dani will take the throne to me. I don't think Sansa will be Queen, but maybe?

Quote:
Cersei: When will I wed the prince?
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.[3]
Who are Roberts six & ten kids? I'm gonna guess Cersei's pregnancy doesn't last since her 3 have already been born and died. Maybe that's what makes her cry?

Quote:
Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:18 PM

It struck me that Thoros of Myr is entering an ironic situation for himself. The man with the gift for bringing the dead back to life, sometimes, is now venturing into a land where the dead automatically come back to life, preventable only by burning.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post

Who are Roberts six & ten kids?
The assorted bastards he fathered in his travels about Westeros. Many of them were identified and killed at Cersei's command in order to eliminate any rival claimants to Joffrey's reign. Gendry is one of the bastards but he survived Cersei's attempts by being smuggled out of Kings Landing with Arya.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:34 PM

32,114 posts, read 39,199,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
So it still looks like Dani will take the throne to me. I don't think Sansa will be Queen, but maybe?

Who are Roberts six & ten kids? I'm gonna guess Cersei's pregnancy doesn't last since her 3 have already been born and died. Maybe that's what makes her cry?
I wonder if Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen are included as Robert's "six and ten" in that prophecy.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,296,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I wonder if Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen are included as Robert's "six and ten" in that prophecy.
Of course not. Also, I remember it as "twenty"? Is "six and ten" from the book?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or