U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 04:11 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
There is a thing called suspension of disbelief.
The does not mean: Turn off your brain. With Fantasy and science fiction, it means different rules can apply. It does NOT mean there are no rules. Even in a Fantasy with dragons and ice zombies, normal human beings still cannot swim a quarter mile underwater while wearing 80 pounds of steel armor.

Not unless Jaimie has a secret identity. Hey, maybe that explains it. They are both blond after all. Maybe Jaimie has been this guy all along!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 05:16 PM

36,946 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

Of course, it's only significant if people believe the Three Eyed Raven about John's parentage.
Brandon has staged some impressive displays of being a know-it-all, literally, If he reveals the secret of Jon's conception, and someone expresses skepticism, then Brandon can say "By the way, I saw you when..." followed by a list of private moments Brandon couldn't possibly know. It would make it tough to doubt his credibility.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:47 PM

3,975 posts, read 2,963,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Even in a Fantasy with dragons and ice zombies, normal human beings still cannot swim a quarter mile underwater while wearing 80 pounds of steel armor.
Good thing that's not what happened on the show

Old 08-19-2017, 09:29 PM

9,598 posts, read 9,464,946 times
Quote:
The does not mean: Turn off your brain. With Fantasy and science fiction, it means different rules can apply. It does NOT mean there are no rules. Even in a Fantasy with dragons and ice zombies, normal human beings still cannot swim a quarter mile underwater while wearing 80 pounds of steel armor.

Not unless Jaimie has a secret identity. Hey, maybe that explains it. They are both blond after all. Maybe Jaimie has been this guy all along!
He's missing the gold hand.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:29 AM

8,007 posts, read 5,287,613 times
Quote:
<>Not unless Jaimie has a secret identity. Hey, maybe that explains it. They are both blond after all. Maybe Jaimie has been this guy all along!
Well, no one has seen both of them at the same time, right?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:39 AM

5,528 posts, read 8,774,921 times
The past few days the Washington Post and other media outlets have commented on the reduced travel time and other incongruities in this season's GoT, and reader/viewer reactions have completely mirrored what we have going here: one group is irritated, and another is okay with finally getting to some key encounters and confrontations. Just thought you might like to know!

Old 08-20-2017, 08:52 AM

8,007 posts, read 5,287,613 times
Wink ITYM "echo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
The past few days the Washington Post and other media outlets have commented on the reduced travel time and other incongruities in this season's GoT, and reader/viewer reactions have completely mirrored what we have going here: one group is irritated, and another is okay with finally getting to some key encounters and confrontations. Just thought you might like to know!
Just a writing note, mirrors get things backwards, echos repeat the same noise. The net result is the same, sort of.
"Don't get me started on 'Literally', 'Incredible', or 'Decimated' "

Last edited by Crashj007; 08-20-2017 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Incredible

Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 AM

5,457 posts, read 4,575,985 times
The producers of GOT said that this season was going to be more of a thriller type series....event upon event. In order to do this, a lot gets eliminated, including plausible explanations for certain events, and a whole lot of character development.

I'm not loving this season as much as the others, but with so much invested in the series so far will ride it out to the end. I do think that this breakneck speed in bringing it to a conclusion is ok with folks who like action, and not so ok with folks who prefer well developed characters and their interactions. Probably why I prefer to read books rather than watch an adaptation.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:28 AM

4,526 posts, read 2,299,380 times
I've been enjoying the current season. Yes there has been some lazy writing, but all in all, I still think it's a great show. I don't mind overlooking some details like Jaime swimming such a long distance in full armor with one hand. They should have at least had him coming out of the water with no armor and Bronn helping him.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:40 AM

2,468 posts, read 2,722,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I've been enjoying the current season. Yes there has been some lazy writing, but all in all, I still think it's a great show. I don't mind overlooking some details like Jaime swimming such a long distance in full armor with one hand. They should have at least had him coming out of the water with no armor and Bronn helping him.

Yea, I agree about some of the writing. Also, it seems like the later episodes, especially in the last season or so, the existing episodes have been chopped up so much due to the editing that such details probably are on the cutting floor.

Last edited by maus; 08-20-2017 at 11:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or