U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 01:02 AM

115 posts, read 52,716 times

Advertisements

The dragon would still be spitting fire I guess, or it would look ridiculous otherwise. Sam gave the book to the Gilly's kid so they still have the book with them. Uncle Benjen was saved by the children of forest I suppose. The show didn't tell the story of uncle benjen. IMO, Tyrion would be a better ruler than Dany and Jon both are driven by emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 02:07 AM

46 posts, read 62,318 times
In love with a stripperTyrion? Tyrion can never out play Cersi or Jaime. It was Tyrions idea to capture the undead. Like him as the King Hand

Old 08-21-2017, 03:28 AM

9,653 posts, read 9,485,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Oh, me too. So, so sad.

I still don't understand the point of the jaunt. There was no need for it at all, as I posted last week. If Dany could have flown up and over the wall to see the White Walker army at any time, why didn't she? Just to set up battle scenes, I guess, which some viewers like best.

I also couldn't keep track of who died. Was it just the priest with the man bun and a few expendable Wildlings?

And does Dany talk more and more about the fact that she can't have any children setting up the idea that it's ok for an Aunt and Nephew to have a thing?? Or setting up the idea that someone else (Jon) will be founding the next ruling dynasty for Westeros?
Personally, I think she talks about it because in every show or movie when they talk about how a woman can't get pregnant, she magically ends up pregnant when she finds the right man.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:06 AM

3,983 posts, read 2,972,215 times
I was really expecting Rhaegal to swoop in and save Jon (Viseron is the one that got killed, right?) but Benjen doing so was better, I think. Less pat.

The frozen lake must have been a deliberate classical film reference, right? Man, the Teutonic knights are even all in white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uez8dJ-MGw

Old 08-21-2017, 04:16 AM

25,475 posts, read 23,300,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I keep hearing this from people, but I think it's been pretty good. It's nearing the end, and they were only allowed 14 more episodes to finish instead of the normal 20 for two seasons. They have to move faster. Besides, the end of shows and/or books in long series are typically somewhat disappointing. The build up is more fun, with a lot more intrigue.
I believe they are doing a fantastic job, sure does beat watching "The Bachelor" or other shows of the like.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:52 AM

2,039 posts, read 2,782,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
As an animal lover, I have to ask - what do they do to the wolves to get them to snarl like that? Seems like something you can't train them to do - has to be provoked in some way.

And, this may seem like a silly question, but it bothers me in all shows that have battle scenes....horses are falling over left and right - seems like they would get hurt since even a stumble can cause them to break a leg. Is this something they are trained to do, and how do they do it safely?

I often fast forward the battle scenes because it is so upsetting to watch the horses.
Evrything is like a dance choreography, from when the horses need to charge, when they need to fall down and the various angles of their fall for maximum camera effect, etc. I watched behind tbe scenes interview of the movie Django, that also uses a lot of horses in the movie. It's fascinating! Every horse on scene is a trained actor.

Old 08-21-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscuitsNGravy View Post
Can someone please tell me what the heck uncle Benjen is? What happened to him
Yeah, when Jon said 'Uncle Benjen! How?', I'm like, yeah, do tell!

Old 08-21-2017, 05:08 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,847,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I wonder where the Night King managed to purchase what appeared to be a few thousand feet of heavy duty chain?
Acme.

If Jon Snow had not been taking his sweet time fighting white walkers on his own, they all would have had more time to jump on the dragon and make it out of there. However, like others, I think this loss serves a larger purpose of Dani realizing she and her dragons are vulnerable.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:13 AM

5,463 posts, read 4,585,920 times
Uncle Benjen saved Meera and Bran a season or so past. If I recall, he was killed and the Children of the Forest reanimated him, which is why he can't go beyond the wall. He said he was there to fight as best he could, as long as he could. Pretty sure in the book, he was known as Cold Hands and rode a huge elk.

Old 08-21-2017, 05:14 AM

I think Dany talked about the Dragons as her children to show how serious she is now about killing tbe white walkers. She will wipe them out because they killed one of her babies. Now it's personal!

I have to say, I find the tender scenes between Jon and Dany real cheesy. What's the point? To build false hope for Jon and Dany romance? Or to show they instintively care for one another because they're related? Or are they related in the end? The show has been hinting at it but never fully confirmed it boldly. Like I said, real cheesy and soap opera-like.

Also, Dany's camp has proven to be a sh---y strategist thus far. Seriously!

Then Arya. Although I'm not liking the story arch between the two sisters, Arya is the only one who is still true to character: still a stupid little girl wrapped up in unbending idea of honor - no matter the consequences. She needs to be taken down from her high horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or