U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 01:51 PM

895 posts, read 1,201,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

I'm really disappointed with Bran so far this season. I was all keyed up to see what became of him, and he's just sitting around being all silent and enigmatic and creeping people out once in a while.
Agreed, last we heard Bran is like, "I gotta talk to Jon" and then...NADA.
C'mon man, send a raven or something and tell him who his parents are!

Don't delay like Ned Stark, he never got the chance to tell Jon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 01:57 PM

27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I dunno. If I were taking this too seriously (*reminding myself right now, just a show, not real people*) I'd say it's something that Sansa is even as capable as she is though. She started out as a weak personality, all fancy dreams and denial of reality, then was helpless and easy to manipulate and at the mercy of anyone who had custody of her...which was just the golden opportunity that Littlefinger has wet dreams about right? I mean, she's hot like a young Catlyn, but malleable and easy to make into one's pawn.

At least at this point, she is aware of the danger of others taking advantage of her, is skeptical of their motives, and she is trying to be wise. She's doing her best, but she's bound to have a lot of self-doubt.

Girl needs some therapy.
But that was back when Sansa was, what, like 11 or 12? She's clearly learned a lot from Cersei and Baelish, and if what some are saying about next week's episode is correct, we'll see that she's nobody's pawn in the Game of Thrones.

Sansa was weak, but why don't we consider Arya equally "weak" when she had multiple opportunities to end Tywin Lannister?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:00 PM

The Queen In The North!

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...nger-smile.gif

Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM

9,627 posts, read 9,471,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But that was back when Sansa was, what, like 11 or 12? She's clearly learned a lot from Cersei and Baelish, and if what some are saying about next week's episode is correct, we'll see that she's nobody's pawn in the Game of Thrones.

Sansa was weak, but why don't we consider Arya equally "weak" when she had multiple opportunities to end Tywin Lannister?
Because she single handily killed every single Frey that ever lived.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Because she single handily killed every single Frey that ever lived.
I would like to see Arya take on The Mountain.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:26 PM

9,627 posts, read 9,471,712 times
Quote:
I think she could possibly take him. She is quick like Oberyn Martell, and he could have beaten The Mountain if he didn't let his pride get the better of him.

Of course he knew how to use those long spears. Arya would have to get much closer, and that is very dangerous.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:27 PM

10,091 posts, read 10,610,013 times
Quote:
Not holding out for Clegane Bowl?

Old 08-22-2017, 02:30 PM

32,112 posts, read 39,184,670 times
Quote:
Yeah, but what is animating The Mountain?

As far as complaints about Luca, excuse me I meant Arya, go think for a minute. She's been in Faceless Man training for a couple years. Strategy as well as tactics and methods.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM

2,645 posts, read 1,827,742 times
Quote:
That would be a waste of energy and effort. The Mountain is a shell of his old self. Besides, that honor/task should belong to The Hound.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:33 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, but what is animating The Mountain?

As far as complaints about Luca, excuse me I meant Arya...
Didn't Luca Brasi wind up dead early on in the book/movie?

IMO, Gregor Clegane is the Luca Brasi of Westeros, a murderous brute that is totally dedicated to his master, in this case, either Qyburn or Cersei.

Arya Stark, on the other hand, seems to be channeling Hannibal Lector, but without the questionable dining habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or