U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 10:05 AM

11,014 posts, read 6,565,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Does anyone think Tyrion is also in love with Dany? He looked so forlorn when Jon got into Dany's room. Tyrion was standing there so long with a sort of anguish look on his face. There's no way he knew Jon's true parentage, did he? Unless Bran sent a raven about Jon's true parentage and Tyrion got it, and was there to tell Dany just as Dany was letting Jon into her bedroom? Aargh!!
I felt that he was upset because Danny would no longer be seeking advice from Tyrian, but would instead be strategizing behind closed doors with Jon Snow. Tyrions position as Hand of the Queen is now in jeopardy, and without Danny there is nothing left for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 10:15 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,826,196 times
Quote:
So the Baelish scene, I knew something was up when Bran was shown there too. Bran finally decided to zone in and straighten out a thing or two afterall.

Does anyone think Tyrion is also in love with Dany? He looked so forlorn when Jon got into Dany's room. Tyrion was standing there so long with a sort of anguish look on his face. There's no way he knew Jon's true parentage, did he? Unless Bran sent a raven about Jon's true parentage and Tyrion got it, and was there to tell Dany just as Dany was letting Jon into her bedroom? Aargh!!
I am glad to see Littlefinger get his comeuppance. Though I think he got off too easy. Too bad they couldn't turn him over to one of Bolton's expert flayers.

As for the Raven, I don't see how he could send a Raven to a ship at sea.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:27 AM

36,945 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Brienne's trip south certainly turned out to be a waste of time. Her representation of Sansa consisted of her not saying a word about anything. Probably not too surprising since Sansa sent her off with zero instructions regarding how Sansa wanted her interests represented. It was "Hurry! Go! Get there and represent me!" but not so much as a word of advice on what to say or do. Brienne wasn't even told the purpose of the meeting.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:33 AM

32,103 posts, read 39,155,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Brienne's trip south certainly turned out to be a waste of time. Her representation of Sansa consisted of her not saying a word about anything. Probably not too surprising since Sansa sent her off with zero instructions regarding how Sansa wanted her interests represented. It was "Hurry! Go! Get there and represent me!" but not so much as a word of advice on what to say or do. Brienne wasn't even told the purpose of the meeting.
Aww, she was just there as eye candy for Jaime and the Hound.

Baelish set up that trip and led unwittingly to his demise. Remember how he "reminded" Sansa that Brienne was sworn to protect both Stark daughters. Had Brienne been there to see Arya being hauled off to a trial she would have had to protect her.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Aww, she was just there as eye candy for Jaime and the Hound.

Baelish set up that trip and led unwittingly to his demise. Remember how he "reminded" Sansa that Brienne was sworn to protect both Stark daughters. Had Brienne been there to see Arya being hauled off to a trial she would have had to protect her.
Yeah, I realized that, I was just looking at it from Brienne's point of view. She had to be left wondering why she was sent on so long a journey for no seeming purpose.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:47 AM

6,099 posts, read 3,261,607 times
My only question is why didn't the zombie frost dragon's breath just build up the wall rather than tear it down?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
My only question is why didn't the zombie frost dragon's breath just build up the wall rather than tear it down?
Because it wasn't frost breath. It was a blue fire that was able to melt the wall, causing it to tumble down.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:56 AM

3,462 posts, read 1,641,512 times
Quote:
So the Baelish scene, I knew something was up when Bran was shown there too. Bran finally decided to zone in and straighten out a thing or two afterall.

I don't think it's unlikely that Tyrion is in love with Dany. After all, Ser Jorah loves her as well, even though he knows it will never go anywhere, and it's more like a courtly love at this point. Tyrion IS still a man after all.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
If Jon doesn't start the chain of events, and instead stays in Winterfell as the King of the North and with Northerners and the Free Folk manning the Wall, the Night King and his army are stuck on the north side of the Wall and all of the living in Westeros are in no danger from the dead.
Really? You think the Night King would have traveled all that way, seen the wall, and just headed back home? Really?!

They were getting through/around the wall one way or another. Having the dragon just made it easier. Didn't the Hound's vision originally have them going around the wall where the sea had frozen? The dragon probably just saved them a few days. And made for a more dramatic season finale.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I don't think it's unlikely that Tyrion is in love with Dany. After all, Ser Jorah loves her as well, even though he knows it will never go anywhere, and it's more like a courtly love at this point. Tyrion IS still a man after all.
Tyrion may be in love with Dany, but his pyschology is such that he does not consider himself a candidate for a real love relationship. Tyrion could not bring himself to believe that a normal, desirable woman, would ever accept having a dwarf as a husband. The two times he has believed himself to be in loving relationships turned out horribly. There was the hooker that Jamie hired to pretend to fall in love with him, and there was Shae who sold him down the river in favor of his father's gold. Tyrion does not believe that he will ever be loved by a normal woman, so he would hold out no hopes for a relationship between himself and Dany.

His reaction to the Dany/Jon coupling may have been concern that this budding romance could distract them from their mission. Or maybe it was just Tyrion sighing for what he thinks he can never have...a loving relationship with a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or