U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 06:25 AM

1,010 posts, read 521,567 times

Advertisements

What a fantastic season finale! Dragons and wights and Night Kings, oh my! So thrilling to see LittleFinger get his comeuppance from Sansa, Arya, and Bran. I hope Tormund is okay after the wall came down, but I think Brienne will end up with Jaime or the Hound. Dany is sure to be pregnant now. I loved the longer 80 minute format, too! Looking forward to next season!

Oh, and one question: since Bran was touched by the Night King, when the NK is finally dispatched, will that affect Bran in some way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 06:33 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,420,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
What a fantastic season finale! Dragons and wights and Night Kings, oh my! So thrilling to see LittleFinger get his comeuppance from Sansa, Arya, and Bran. I hope Tormund is okay after the wall came down, but I think Brienne will end up with Jaime or the Hound. Dany is sure to be pregnant now. I loved the longer 80 minute format, too! Looking forward to next season!

Oh, and one question: since Bran was touched by the Night King, when the NK is finally dispatched, will that affect Bran in some way?
I feel Bran might become the Night King.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:40 AM

5,822 posts, read 3,765,015 times
Did they burn Baelish's body? Maybe one of the white walkers can "resurrect" him, he makes his way to Kings Landing, and during the ensuing battle he gets to sit on the Iron Throne, just before he is dispatched in finality. Then we can applaud his demise all over again!

Old 08-29-2017, 06:47 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,420,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
One mind controls all--
The Night King...
I hope this dude speaks next year. I hope he has an epic voice.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:47 AM

36,948 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Actually he made his plans clear to Sansa -- at Winterfell he told her his goal was to sit on the Iron Throne with her at his side -- Sansa replied, "That's a pretty picture" in a sneering way.
You state what his goal was but not what his plans were.

If they made these plans clear, please share them with us. After murdering Sansa's aunt and becoming Lord of the Eryie, Littlefinger sold Sansa to the Boltons, rescued the Starks at the Battle of the Bastards, and tried to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya. How did any of that advance his chances for the Iron Throne?

Old 08-29-2017, 06:48 AM

5,092 posts, read 4,357,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what happened to Rhaegar?

Was that the cruel brother that Danny's hubby melted gold over his head?
Rhaegar Targaryen was personally killed by Robert Baratheon at the Battle of the Trident during Robert's Rebellion. He was the much older brother to Daenerys Targaryen.

Viseryon was the cruel brother who was "given" a crown of gold by Khal Drogo, first husband of Daenerys Targaryen.

Rhaegar was the complete opposite of Viseryon. In the books, Rhaegar was described as handsome, highly popular with the people, knowing how to fight but preferring to sing and to play music. The books relate a story that he used to go incognito into Flea Bottom to perform for the people there, and the money he earned Rhaegar would give away to the first street minstrel he met, or to an orphanage, or other worthy recipient.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Did they burn Baelish's body? Maybe one of the white walkers can "resurrect" him, he makes his way to Kings Landing, and during the ensuing battle he gets to sit on the Iron Throne, just before he is dispatched in finality. Then we can applaud his demise all over again!
Those who die south of the Wall don't turn to wights.

<Total Speculation> This may be because there needs to be a White Walker nearby to reanimate a corpse into a wight, and the White Walkers have been kept in check by the Wall. Or the magic imbued in the Wall keeps the dark magic from seeping south.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:59 AM

1,010 posts, read 521,567 times
I want Arya to take LittleFinger's face. Maybe she can use it to put the knife to Cercei.

If the Night King can ride the dragon, does that mean he is/was a Targaryen?

Old 08-29-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
You state what his goal was but not what his plans were.

If they made these plans clear, please share them with us. After murdering Sansa's aunt and becoming Lord of the Eryie, Littlefinger sold Sansa to the Boltons, rescued the Starks at the Battle of the Bastards, and tried to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya. How did any of that advance his chances for the Iron Throne?
Just tossing this out on the table...

Petyr Baelish was acting much like Richard III. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (at least in the Shakespearean plays) Richard became king by slowly eliminating all other competitors for the crown. Littlefinger seemed to be at the root of many major conflicts, some of which resulted in the extinction of some of the Great Houses. Littlefinger was the ultimate schemer, sowing chaos where ever he could and positioning himself to reap whatever rewards he could gain.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:05 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Sunday night's show was awesome....loved the way they are explaining things, and also appreciate the explanations from the kind people in here....thank you

but the whole show was awesome.

I love Jamie's side kick....the one traveling with him who saved him from the lake....

and the idea of the dead dragon....how the wall came down....the whole thing is just awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or