U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 08:29 PM

2,503 posts, read 1,258,737 times

Advertisements

Well I'm on team Briemund (Brienne and Tormund)!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 08:56 PM

21,799 posts, read 10,647,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
But where is he now? I admit that I'm a little bit vague about even who he is, but isn't the key question how a potential husband would add to her geopolitical power? It certainly seems to be the main thing she's interested in. What does he do for her there?
He is a mix of characters from the books. The actual Gendry, and his brother Edric Storm, both bastard sons of King Robert.

In the books, Edric lives at Storm's end with Renly and is even acknowledged by Robert. His parentage is not in question.

In the show, Gendry takes his story line beginning when the Red Women takes him from the Riverlands. From then on, Gendry is a blended character of the 2, as it is Edric that she takes to Dragonstone in the books, not Gendry.

My guess is that in the show, people will simply assume he is Robert's son because of the resemblance where as in the book, he is Edric and everyone knows 100% that he is Robert's. She will legitimize him so that the Stormlands back her claim, and she will make sure of this by marrying him.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:01 PM

2,524 posts, read 647,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Yes, I agree. Although they are twins, Cersei was born first. So Jamie could very well be the valonqar (little brother) who kills her.

But I think John Snow and Dani will end up together. I'd like to see Brienne and Jamie together. It's obvious they have feelings for each other.
I hope not. Regardless of the incest being prominent in this series, it's still looked down and frowned upon, and it would be rather sick to have Jon get with his aunt. So, no. I would not want that at all.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:03 PM

2,524 posts, read 647,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well I'm on team Briemund (Brienne and Tormund)!!!!
Yes, me too. She'll come around!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 PM

21,799 posts, read 10,647,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
And by that map, it makes no sense for Dragonstone to be abandoned.
In show, Dragonstone is empty for the same reason other castles are, it is too expensive to man, and there was no one to really give it to, as it by definition belongs to the Royal family. When Joffery and Tommen were kings, Stannis was still there, and Marcella was in Dorne by the time he left.

In book, Dragonstone has been taken by House Tyrell in the name of King Tommen as it is the only Baratheon stronghold north of the Stormlands still loyal to Stannis. It will likely be abandoned in the next book as Tommen will likely have all his forces moving South to fight Aegon the 6th(book character only).

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-22-2017 at 09:18 PM..

Old 07-22-2017, 10:05 PM

3,596 posts, read 4,220,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I didnt know there were " rules". I assumed any info that could give away about the show needs a spoiler because not everyone is caught up. Im just now catching up to s7 and I LOVE the show.
Heck, then everything we discuss is a spoiler.

If you're not caught up, then you read a thread like this at your own risk.

Most TV discussion sites have a rule that if it aired on the show, it's not a spoiler. If it comes from an outside source, like a magazine for example, it's a spoiler. And the second the show airs, it's fair game to discuss.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:03 AM

5,627 posts, read 4,661,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Heck, then everything we discuss is a spoiler.

If you're not caught up, then you read a thread like this at your own risk.

Most TV discussion sites have a rule that if it aired on the show, it's not a spoiler. If it comes from an outside source, like a magazine for example, it's a spoiler. And the second the show airs, it's fair game to discuss.
Thats one reason im thankful there hasnt been too much info about s7e1.

Im watching it today before e2 airs.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:42 AM

3,998 posts, read 2,984,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I didnt know there were " rules". I assumed any info that could give away about the show needs a spoiler because not everyone is caught up. Im just now catching up to s7 and I LOVE the show.
This is the Season 7 thread, though, not the general Game of Thrones thread. I think it's reasonable to assume people are up to at least Season 7 or on their own heads be it, lol.

Personally I'd think season 7 eps could be considered fair game once they've aired across all time zones - easy enough to just avoid clicking the thread until one has seen the week's ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I read an interesting theory that the dire wolves are connected to the Stark children in one way or another, especially in terms of a life and death situation.

Just like the witch who was with Dani says, in order to save a life, another must be sacrificed. So, Dani's baby was unknowingly sacrificed in her effort to try and save Drogo. So, I think something similar is happening with the Starks and Direwolves.

The moment Lady is killed, Bran wakes up.

Rob's wolf is hypothesized to have been killed before he was, so there would be no spiritual exchanges to keep Rob alive.

It's speculated that about the precise moment Shaggydog is beheaded, is when Jon Snow awakens (meaning the Red Woman had nothing to do with his resurrection)

And that Arya was spared from her stabbing the moment Summer was slaughtered.

Of course, these are just some theories, but, can't deny the plausibility of these notions?
That's interesting. I'd need to watch out for that on rewatch. To be fair, the show tends to line up parallel storylines so one would expect to see various Starks in peril at the same times, but it's a neat theory.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:59 AM

3,998 posts, read 2,984,293 times
I don't think in the great game Gendry is enough of a player to get meaningful traction with anyone important. Whoever has him on their side can just be like, hey, even the probably last probably heir of now-irrelevant House Baratheon agrees with me, whoo, look how extra super legitimate I am.

Storm's End is the traditional Baratheon seat (Robert left it when he went to the capital and redistributed it to Renly after Stannis offended him) and I don't know that anyone currently has a great claim or hold on it, so I could see a leader like Dany or Jon, who care about family inheritance and know the value of appearances, parking Gendry there as a vassal when they retake the Stormlands, in exchange for Gendry making an effort to rally Renly's old troops to their cause.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:45 AM

37,162 posts, read 17,499,209 times
If tonight's episode is an insufficient GOT fix for some fans, at 11 pm Conan O' Brien's show, being taped at Comic-Con in San Diego, will feature cast members Jacob Anderson, Conleth Hill, Liam Cunningham, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Gwendoline Christie, Nathalie Emmanuel, John Bradley, Sophie Turner and Alfie Allen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or