U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 02:48 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,511,123 times

Advertisements

hey guys...it is just a TV show. It is not real. You guys are getting so mad over something so small.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 02:51 PM

36,943 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
hey guys...it is just a TV show. It is not real.
It's not?

Thanks a lot...you've ruined it for me.

Next you'll be trying to tell me pro wrestling is fake.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:55 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,511,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It's not?

Thanks a lot...you've ruined it for me.

Next you'll be trying to tell me pro wrestling is fake.
I'm just saying, you guys are getting way too bent out of shape over who's the King of the North, Lord of Winterfell, Ruler of the north.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:56 PM

5,036 posts, read 3,327,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Oh you're right. I meant to ask who knows he's a Targaryaen (sp?)?
Just Bran I think, from his visions.

and the father of the girl hauling him around. Hasn't been any reference to him being dead, but he was the only guy that survived Ned's confrontation at the tower.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:05 PM

3,975 posts, read 2,963,042 times
Quote:
So at this point who all knows Jon Snow isn't a Stark? I suspect Bran will show up in Winterfell just after Jon leaves for Dragonstone. Perhaps they will send a raven to Dragonstone and the mother of dragons will be the one to tell Jon of his true heritage. That should be interesting.
That's not raven news, man. Bran is smart enough to realize how explosive it is, especially in the wrong hands. The only confirmed living character who knows is Bran, but he might have told Meera, and Howland Reed as well as some random extras were there when Ned got Jon from Lyanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think you are overestimating Sansa's ability to co-opt Littlefinger---
He has an agenda---he wants her to agree to HIS agenda---he only brought the Knights of the Vale into that battle because it would save Sansa who he has ultimate design on...
Most people think Littlefinger sees himself as King of the North with Sansa as his queen since she has noble blood and he doesn't...but I keep thinking about his slavish infatuation with Catelyn Stark--I wonder if Littlefinger maybe has reason to think that Sansa is his child and not Ned Stark's...if so---the audience has been allowed to view his interest in her as a pseudo-sexual one transferred from her mother...
But maybe he loves her because she is his child....and a means to an end even in that guise...
Cat having an affair with Littlefinger is really a wild stretch, especially as Sansa isn't even her oldest child.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:08 PM

21,725 posts, read 10,593,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
And I meant north. Jon is not a rival with Sansa for the Lordship of Winterfell....Brandon is.

Jon and Sansa are rivals for the leadership of the north in that she has been portrayed as seemingly resentful of Jon's position as King in the North and apparently feels that her claim to the leadership of Winterfell, entitles her to a position of influence over the entire north.

You really didn't understand this? All this fuss is over your failure to grasp what was being said?
As I stated before, there are 2 problems with this argument.

1. Sansa and Jon as well as the rest of the North know that Bran didnt die at the hands of Theon.
(remember, your original argument was that they didnt know because Sam didnt tell them, but Theon told Sansa in season 5)

2. You are asking me to read your mind, and not what you typed. Even in your new response, you said "lord of winterfell" instead of "lord of the North", because you know that contextually, they mean something different than what you want to convey.

and you know what the sad part is........... in another post, from a different conversation, you made that clear.

How hard would it have been for you to say, "hey man, that post wasnt clear enough, so here is what I meant, better yet, here is a quote from 3 pages back that shows i misspoke "

Old 07-25-2017, 03:09 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,357,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Some of you are working too hard watching this show.
POST OF THE THREAD!

Old 07-25-2017, 03:11 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,287,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

and the father of the girl hauling him around. Hasn't been any reference to him being dead, but he was the only guy that survived Ned's confrontation at the tower.
Thanks, I was just wondering about who that was and where he is Sunday afternoon.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:13 PM

27,436 posts, read 44,934,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm not so sure I buy the "daughter" theory. A dad wouldn't send his daughter off to be raped and tortured by Ramsay Bolton.
Littlefinger s not quite right in the head--if you noticed
He views people as pawns and uses them for his game, his strategies
Nothing he does bears a resemblence to "love" as others know it
Even Cersei is more human than Littlefinger
I guess using the term "loves" in relation to Littlefinger's obsession w Sansa was the wrong choice
Just consider-- he could have seen Arya as the fulcrum to move his world, his fortunes but he didn't--he always focused on Sansa...
Eventhough Arya was Catelyn's daughter it was Sansa he was drawn too
Maybe because she was older but maybe something else

Last edited by loves2read; 07-25-2017 at 03:22 PM..

Old 07-25-2017, 03:16 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,357,785 times
Quote:
Oh you're right. I meant to ask who knows he's a Targaryaen (sp?)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post

That "father of the girl hauling him around" would be Howland Reed, the only other survivor of the swordfight at the Tower of Joy. There's no actual indication that Howland is still alive, but I'm invoking the presumption that he is - otherwise Jojen Reed would have mentioned it to Bran Start when they were talking about the death of Bran's father Eddard Stark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or