Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2017, 03:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Of course his scenes could have been filmed on break
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 04:04 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Of course his scenes could have been filmed on break
What break? Season 7 started filming at the end of August of 2016, when most colleges are already started. And word he's not going for some liberal arts degree, but he's trying to get a PHd, which takes a lot of dedication and time.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:18 PM

OMG, I saw something that might be a clue..

Maisie Williams was on and interview during the Emmy's, and she said something about season 7 being heartbreaking, and how the end made her go back and reread stuff and she was like, mind blown. Everyone thinks it's another Stark is going to die, but what if it's actually one of the Starks betrays Jon? I seen someone point out that Sansa has been idolizing Cersei, and that it's funny that spies for people on the show are known as little birds, and Cersei herself loved to call Sansa her little dove.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:00 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
What break? Season 7 started filming at the end of August of 2016, when most colleges are already started. And word he's not going for some liberal arts degree, but he's trying to get a PHd, which takes a lot of dedication and time.
You can get a PhD in the liberal arts, or a Doctorate in Liberal Studies.

You can also get a Doctorate in an individual liberal arts field, such as philosophy, music, graphic design etc.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:21 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
After tonight's episode, I am scratching my head a bit.......

Spoiler
Cersei has essentially stopped any momentum Daenerys had coming into Westeros. Euron (I still don't understand how he managed to get such a strong fleet so quickly) has pretty much destroyed all of Daenerys' ships. She has paid off the Lanister debt to the Iron Bank, or will very soon. She has a seemingly easy way to handle the dragons. She's killed, or captured almost all of Daenerys' allies and we're only 3 episodes in. As it stands now, everyone else seems to be in shambles while the Lannisters are siting pretty in King's Landing. Heck even the mighty Knights of the Vale seem to be withering away up at Winterfell.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
After tonight's episode, I am scratching my head a bit.......

Spoiler
Cersei has essentially stopped any momentum Daenerys had coming into Westeros. Euron (I still don't understand how he managed to get such a strong fleet so quickly) has pretty much destroyed all of Daenerys' ships. She has paid off the Lanister debt to the Iron Bank, or will very soon. She has a seemingly easy way to handle the dragons. She's killed, or captured almost all of Daenerys' allies and we're only 3 episodes in. As it stands now, everyone else seems to be in shambles while the Lannisters are siting pretty in King's Landing. Heck even the mighty Knights of the Vale seem to be withering away up at Winterfell.
I'm just seeing the typical, Cersei is the big villain and they will make her triumphant, until the bitter end when some magical power will allow Dany and Snow to defeat her. Kind of like LOTR ROTK.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:46 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,610 times
I laughed at

"He's Jon Snow."

Old 07-30-2017, 09:07 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
My feeling is as if we are watching a bad Shakespearean repertory company doing the Play That Shall Not Be Named. Performances are wooden and they are just going through their lines to let us know what is going on, without appropriate emotions.
"Anyone?"

Old 07-30-2017, 09:22 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Best line ever->Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me.

Haha haha, he looked like he was gonna flip.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:13 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
[]Cersei has essentially stopped any momentum Daenerys had coming into Westeros. Euron (I still don't understand how he managed to get such a strong fleet so quickly) has pretty much destroyed all of Daenerys' ships. She has paid off the Lanister debt to the Iron Bank, or will very soon. She has a seemingly easy way to handle the dragons. She's killed, or captured almost all of Daenerys' allies and we're only 3 episodes in. As it stands now, everyone else seems to be in shambles while the Lannisters are siting pretty in King's Landing. Heck even the mighty Knights of the Vale seem to be withering away up at Winterfell.[]
This is a great twist. We all thought it would be easy for Daenerys. And yet here she is, losing on every front. At the same time, she's not entirely discounting Jon Snow's tale. And she still has three dragons, the nukes of Westeros. So many ways to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
My feeling is as if we are watching a bad Shakespearean repertory company doing the Play That Shall Not Be Named. Performances are wooden and they are just going through their lines to let us know what is going on, without appropriate emotions.
"Anyone?"
Luckily, I'm watching a different show. This was one of the best episodes yet. Characters reuniting after years, dialog between major players who've never met. This is what we have been building to for years.

And it's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV