U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 07:21 AM

5,828 posts, read 3,771,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
They should have milked this series a little bit more. Season 1 - 4 they should have used young characters to play the role of the kids (jon snow, sansa, arya, etc) then used a more mature cast for the later seasons. This way they wouldn't have to pay so much money to everyone.

Season 7 is going by so fast. Euron created those ships in 2 weeks. Jon Snow got to Khaleesi in an hour, etc.

I feel like Khaleesi will lose this battle.
Had they switched actors like that, GOT would never have been as popular.

Timelines have always been an issue with GOT. Nothing makes sense when you analyze it. Best to ignore it and just enjoy the storylines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:29 AM

2,019 posts, read 2,707,033 times
I wonder if we'll see the second sons again. Having lost the Greyjoy, Martell and Tyrell armies, they would certainly be an asset to Dany at this point.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:59 AM

9,456 posts, read 7,603,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Smart move, it's nice to hear they still value education despite being quite successful.
I disagree. These shows will END soon. They should maximize their earnings now. You can go to college ANYTIME.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:59 AM

188 posts, read 316,499 times
Default So who is the leak?

Almost everyone in the War room with Dany is dead. Who leaked her plans to Cersei? Varis perhaps?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:03 AM

2,039 posts, read 2,781,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Plus the possibility that Jaime now realizes that Tyrion was innocent, and Cersei and their father had framed him. Also, Cersei used the wildfire to kill a bunch of innocent people, just like Jaime had kept the Mad King from doing previously. Everything seems to be pointing toward Jaime siding with Tyrion against Cersei at some point in the future. The only obstacle to overcome for that to happen is Dany, if she can accept that what Jaime did to her father was necessary. Then, maybe Jaime could even be her future husband.
I seriously doubt that, as he's too far gone for Cercei at this point. I know in the books Jaime's character change was a bit different than on TV, so you'll never know.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:09 AM

2,039 posts, read 2,781,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josmyth View Post
Almost everyone in the War room with Dany is dead. Who leaked her plans to Cersei? Varis perhaps?
I wonder about that too. How the heck could the Lanisters have anticipated Dany's move so exactly as it had played out?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,253,843 times
Cersei is getting OP, she needs to be nerfed!!!!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:19 AM

2,494 posts, read 1,855,434 times
Dany has the more powerful army overall, but Cersei has Randyll Tarly, Jaime and Euron as her generals. Euron for the naval attacks, Jaime for the land attacks and Randyll as the lead strategist.

Tyrion is good in peacetime but he's not the most experienced war-time consligere. However he's definitely smart enough to learn. Missandei and Varys aren't warriors either, so their advice isn't going to help much. Ser Jorah Mormont's return will be huge as he knows how Dany thinks and is also a better on-field commander than anyone she has.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 AM

15,092 posts, read 19,732,985 times
Last night's episode was definitely the best of the season so far. The writing is strong again.

Although this is feeling very, very rushed. The fall of Casterly Rock could have easily spanned 4-5 episodes, but they handled it in about 5 minutes. And the Lannisters defeated the Tyrells in about 30 seconds. It really seems that they are rushing things along to try to end this as soon as possible.

And I am already very, very tired of Euron Greyjoy's magic ship, which can seemingly travel thousands of miles in a matter of hours and appear out of nowhere without explanation. Deux ex naviga? Would it kill the writers to glance at a map once in a while?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,253,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
My feeling is as if we are watching a bad Shakespearean repertory company doing the Play That Shall Not Be Named. Performances are wooden and they are just going through their lines to let us know what is going on, without appropriate emotions.
"Anyone?"
Total opposite for me! I thought last night's episode was amazing. Great writing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or