U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,254,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Yes, it would have. The young kids were not that great.

The best actors are Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Petyr, Sandor, Jorah, Bronn, Jaqen. Tywin, Olenna, Khal Drogo.

The young cast are not really that great and i would have care less if they were replaced.

It totally disagree. I hate when shows change actors, this would be a huge problem for me if they had done that. Plus I thought they all did a great job. You might have not liked their characters but I think they all fit their parts quite well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM

3,981 posts, read 2,971,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He doesn't hate Jamie though.

But I doubt it too.
Also, he shot his dad on the toilet. So there's that. lol

Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM

5,092 posts, read 4,364,365 times
It may be that Daenerys has a traitor in her ranks.

But Euyron Greyjoy was always going to seek out, attack, and destroy Yara's fleet.

Cersei was always going to get her revenge on Elleria Sand for killing Myrcella, Cersei's daughter.

And with Casterly Rock's gold mines played out, the Lannister army moving to seize Highgarden and the Reach makes perfect sense; the Tyrells were the second richest great house in Westeros, due to their agriculture - the Lannisters are simply seizing a new source of funding.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:02 AM

9,645 posts, read 9,482,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Also, he shot his dad on the toilet. So there's that. lol
True.

Now that the truth is known about Olenna, it should be clear to everyone that Tyrion's trial was every bit the sham that it was. Tyrion told them all in court that he was on trial for being a dwarf, and now he has proof. It is obvious that Tywin was trying to frame Tyrion. Everything Shae said in court was clearly a lie, and they know this because Olenna confessed. Shae was sleeping with Tywin at the time, so there is that.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:08 AM

3,981 posts, read 2,971,082 times
On a completely unrelated note, right before Cersei kissed the little Sand Snake (I never did get their names or how to distinguish between them) I was thinking, "Wow, coral pink is a weird lipstick choice for her." But what was going on still did not register until she took the antidote, haha.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:15 AM

2,039 posts, read 2,781,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Yes, it would have. The young kids were not that great.

The best actors are Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Petyr, Sandor, Jorah, Bronn, Jaqen. Tywin, Olenna, Khal Drogo.

The young cast are not really that great and i would have care less if they were replaced.
I disagree. If anything, GOT proves that young actors can act well if chosen well and continuous playing by same actors enriches the whole series. The Stark children (Arya, Sansa, Bran) all started off so young and innocent, and their characters' growth became more convincing because we all watched them grow up on screen. The young noble-girl in Jon Snow's camp is very good too (she's called Lady something, can't remember her name). The actress who played Shireen (Stanis' daughter) did a great job and she played her last scene like a pro.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:16 AM

1,498 posts, read 1,513,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I disagree. If anything, GOT proves that young actors can act well if chosen well and continuous playing by same actors enriches the whole series. The Stark children (Arya, Sansa, Bran) all started off so young and innocent, and their characters' growth became more convincing because we all watched them grow up on screen. The young noble-girl in Jon Snow's camp is very good too (she's called Lady something, can't remember her name). Shireen (Stanis' daughter) was great.
Lady Mormont. She's awesome.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:19 AM

2,039 posts, read 2,781,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
Lady Mormont. She's awesome.
Thank you. I'm having a tough time remembering names, thanks to the huuuuuge cast!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:44 AM

3,584 posts, read 3,670,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Now that Cercei knows that Sansa wasn't responsible for Joffrey's death, I wonder if she tries to change tack with her in an attempt to get back the north?
The North Remembers.

No way would Sansa forget what the Lannisters have done to her family.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:58 AM

3,584 posts, read 3,670,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The Second Sons are maintaining order in the cities in Slaver Bay - she'd have to abandon her freed citizens if she recalled that unit.

But her situation is worse than that...

Her Unsullied legion, originally numbered at about 8,000 but probably reduced to 6,000 due to battles in Essos, has taken heavy casualties in the battle for Casterly Rock, now probably down to 4 or 5 thousand, and with no fleet to carry them back to Dragonstone. As pointed out by Jaime Lannister, Casterly Rock has no gold, no supplies, and the Unsullied can only rejoin Daenerys' forces by marching a thousand miles through potentially hostile Westeros without resupply.

Daenerys is down to her Dothraki light cavalry and her dragons.

At this point, the only extra forces available to her are Jon Snow's Northmen (who aren't keen on pledging fealty to a southern monarch), Peyr Baelish's Knights of the Vale (wonder what Tyrion and Varis would say to an alliance with Littlefinger?), and then the scattered remains of the armies of the Riverlands and of the Stormlands.
I understand having Cersei win battles and rally some allies to make things interesting, but as it stands right now after only 3 episodes she essentially has complete control of the game. She now has the most powerful fleet of ships in Westeros (it’s still kind of annoying Euron was able to build such a large and powerful fleet so quickly). She has plenty of money to pay back the Iron Bank and fund her coming wars. She has a seemingly easy way to handle the dragons. She’s either killed or captured Dany’s most powerful allies.

I am wondering when we’re going to see the dragons let loose to start burning Westeros? Dany should start by sending them to Highgarden to burn the place to the ground and in the process kill Lord Tarly.

Regarding additional troop help, we don’t know what the state of Dorn is yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or