U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 01:16 PM

7,764 posts, read 5,468,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Thank you. I'm having a tough time remembering names, thanks to the huuuuuge cast!
But getting smaller all the time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 02:10 PM

6,932 posts, read 4,513,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It totally disagree. I hate when shows change actors, this would be a huge problem for me if they had done that. Plus I thought they all did a great job. You might have not liked their characters but I think they all fit their parts quite well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I disagree. If anything, GOT proves that young actors can act well if chosen well and continuous playing by same actors enriches the whole series. The Stark children (Arya, Sansa, Bran) all started off so young and innocent, and their characters' growth became more convincing because we all watched them grow up on screen. The young noble-girl in Jon Snow's camp is very good too (she's called Lady something, can't remember her name). The actress who played Shireen (Stanis' daughter) did a great job and she played her last scene like a pro.
The only good one was Joffrey..

Old 07-31-2017, 02:14 PM

37,237 posts, read 17,545,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Now that Cercei knows that Sansa wasn't responsible for Joffrey's death, I wonder if she tries to change tack with her in an attempt to get back the north?
Lady Olenna confessed to the crime, but she neither implicated Littlefinger who was in on it, nor cleared Tyrion and Sansa who were not. Cercei is free to continue to believe that her brother and Sansa conspired with Olenna, and knowing Cercei, that seems like the sort of thing that she would do.

I could see a reconciliation between Jamie and Tyrion. First, Jamie hasn't hated Tyrion from birth as Cersei has. Second, Jamie felt betrayed by Tyrion when he used Jamie's escape aid to also kill Tywin.

But...if Jamie accepts that Tyrion had nothing to do with Joffrey's murder, he may realize that his father was indeed prepared to let Tyrion die for a crime Tywin knew he did not commit. In that light Jamie might forgive Tyrion for the patricide.

Working against that is Jamie's weakness....his romantic relationship with Cersei. Last night we saw that despite all that has come to pass, if Cercei offers herself to Jamie, Jamie plunges in.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The Second Sons are maintaining order in the cities in Slaver Bay - she'd have to abandon her freed citizens if she recalled that unit.

But her situation is worse than that...

Her Unsullied legion, originally numbered at about 8,000 but probably reduced to 6,000 due to battles in Essos, has taken heavy casualties in the battle for Casterly Rock, now probably down to 4 or 5 thousand, and with no fleet to carry them back to Dragonstone. As pointed out by Jaime Lannister, Casterly Rock has no gold, no supplies, and the Unsullied can only rejoin Daenerys' forces by marching a thousand miles through potentially hostile Westeros without resupply.

Daenerys is down to her Dothraki light cavalry and her dragons.

At this point, the only extra forces available to her are Jon Snow's Northmen (who aren't keen on pledging fealty to a southern monarch), Peyr Baelish's Knights of the Vale (wonder what Tyrion and Varis would say to an alliance with Littlefinger?), and then the scattered remains of the armies of the Riverlands and of the Stormlands.
I'm unclear as to the disposition of the arms of the Tyrells and Martels. The leadership of both families have been decapitated, but what of their armies? Some Tyrells would have died defending Highgarden, but was that all of their forces?

Was the Dornish army all supposed to be aboard the fleet that Euron wrecked? They were not shown as such.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:39 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,390,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I'm unclear as to the disposition of the arms of the Tyrells and Martels. The leadership of both families have been decapitated, but what of their armies? Some Tyrells would have died defending Highgarden, but was that all of their forces?
As Oleana Tyrell admitted to Jamie Lannister in their first, and definitely last, tete-a-tete. Tyrell's army wasn't very good.

Sort of like the Frey army, only worse. At least the Frey army didn't lose their seige of Riverrun - the Tyrell army didn't even manage to hold its own stronghold.

The best part of the Tyrell forces probably went over to the Lannisters' side, along with Randyll Tarley, who has probably been promised the lordship of the Reach.

Quote:
Was the Dornish army all supposed to be aboard the fleet that Euron wrecked? They were not shown as such.
I don't know for certain, but I believe that the Dorne army wasn't being transported by the Yara fleet when it was attacked by Euron's ships. The Yara fleet was headed down to Dorne, carrying Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes back to Dorne, and to pick up the Dornish army and return to King's Landing with it.

Last edited by djmilf; 07-31-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-31-2017, 02:48 PM

32,213 posts, read 39,469,539 times
Tarly was promised the Lordship of the Reach last week by Jaime in their conversation after Cersei's speech.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:51 PM

And while I'm on the subject of one Randyll Tarley...

Does anyone else find it unreasonable that when his family's 500 year old Valyrian steel greatsword, Heartsbane, goes missing on the same night that Samwell departs, no one is dispatched from Horn Hill to track Sam down at the Citadel and browbeat him over its disappearance?

Old 07-31-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:

I don't know for certain, but I believe that the Dorne army wasn't being transported by the Yara fleet when it was attacked by Euron's ships. The Yara fleet was headed down to Dorne, carrying Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes back and to pick up the Dornish army and return to King's Landing with it.
If the Dornish army is still in play, albeit without political leadership, it behooves both sides to try and quickly step into the power vacuum. If the Dornes can be persuaded to continue to back Dany, then they could move their army to Highgarden and bottle up the main Lannister army there, removing them as a counter to the Dothraki. If the Lannisters moved quickly south, they could take advantage of the absence of leadership to recruit the Dornes to their side, or defeat them if they resisted, removing them as a threat to further Lannister military moves.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
And while I'm on the subject of one Randyll Tarley...

Does anyone else find it unreasonable that when his family's 500 year old Valyrian steel greatsword, Heartsbane, goes missing on the same night that Samwell departs, no one is dispatched from Horn Hill to track Sam down at the Citadel and browbeat him over its disappearance?
I wondered about that as well. It was probably just a decision made not to show anything along those lines because it would have been a subplot for which it wasn't worth investing any of the limited screentime.

There will be plot-holes, it is unavoidable when telling so sprawling a saga within a limited timeframe. Last night they showed Brandon turning up at Winterfell as a surprise. Really? Not one person back at the wall would have dispatched this momentous news to Winterfell by raven?

Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM

The Dornish are reputed to be wickedly good fighters. At least I think Ser Bronn said something to that effect.

Plus, Lannisters have killed too many Dornish nobles. Perhaps the Dornish, like the Northerners, also have good memories.

Cersei might welcome them sitting on the side lines for the moment. Perhaps the Lannisters could facilitate a power struggle between various factions in Dorne that would occupy them for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or