U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2017, 06:36 PM

5,116 posts, read 4,627,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Does anyone think Yara Greyjoy will manage to survive? She's one of my favorite characters so I hope she isn't killed off.
Euron might try to use Yara as bait to lure Theon into a trap...but Theon bailing on his sister makes that highly unlikely.

Euron is probably going to kill Yara...soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 06:39 PM

41,022 posts, read 18,583,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Sad to see Olenna leave -- I loved her character.
Are there any Tyrells left?
We saw the Queen of Thorns drink the poison, and Jamie stride out of the room, but we were not shown her dying. They could easily bring her back claiming that she anticipated the poisoning and drank the antidote just before Jamie came in or just after he exited.

Hell, this is a show where the dead spring back to life all the time...Jon Snow, Beric Dondarrion, the whole army of the dead north of the Wall.

Old 08-01-2017, 06:42 PM

10,309 posts, read 11,230,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I brought that up a week or so ago, but upon reconsideration, there's at least an explanation for the lack of raven.

Eddison Tollett (yes, I had to look that up) Jon Snow's friend and successor as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch could have sent a raven regarding the reappearance of Brandon Stark, but sending Brandon and Meera Jojen unannounced meant that fewer people would know that a male Stark heir was returning home - less chance of an assassination attempt upon the newly rediscovered Lord of Winterfell.
Is he the guy we see referred to as Dolorous Edd?

Old 08-01-2017, 06:46 PM

5,626 posts, read 5,075,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
We saw the Queen of Thorns drink the poison, and Jamie stride out of the room, but we were not shown her dying. They could easily bring her back claiming that she anticipated the poisoning and drank the antidote just before Jamie came in or just after he exited.

Hell, this is a show where the dead spring back to life all the time...Jon Snow, Beric Dondarrion, the whole army of the dead north of the Wall.
I considered that while watching

Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 PM

33,901 posts, read 42,154,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Is he the guy we see referred to as Dolorous Edd?
Yes. The eternal pessimist.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:03 PM

23,304 posts, read 11,547,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Sad to see Olenna leave -- I loved her character.
Are there any Tyrells left?
The show has left out a lot of plot for her death to happen.

In the books, Loras and Margaery Have 2 older Bothers named Willis(the actual heir to Highgarden) and Garlan.

Also, The mother of the 4 Tyrell children is alive and her name is Alerie Hightower, and the Hightower's rule Oldtown the maternal grandfather of the Tyrell children is the current lord. The Hightower's have the largest individual army in the enter 7 Kingdoms and somehow they lost to the Lannisters ????

Going even further into detail. Olenna's birth family are the Redwyne's who(at least in the books) have the largest navy in the 7 kingdoms. Mace Tyrell's sister even remarried into the Redwyne's and is married to their Lord. They have a couple of children as well.

The books mention about 30 other people with the Tyrell name, or blood.

It doesnt make sense for the Reach to be divided as the show is claiming, because in truth, the Tyrell married into the 2 other most powerful families

Old 08-01-2017, 10:45 PM

4,121 posts, read 4,702,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The show has left out a lot of plot for her death to happen.

In the books, Loras and Margaery Have 2 older Bothers named Willis(the actual heir to Highgarden) and Garlan.

Also, The mother of the 4 Tyrell children is alive and her name is Alerie Hightower, and the Hightower's rule Oldtown the maternal grandfather of the Tyrell children is the current lord. The Hightower's have the largest individual army in the enter 7 Kingdoms and somehow they lost to the Lannisters ????

Going even further into detail. Olenna's birth family are the Redwyne's who(at least in the books) have the largest navy in the 7 kingdoms. Mace Tyrell's sister even remarried into the Redwyne's and is married to their Lord. They have a couple of children as well.

The books mention about 30 other people with the Tyrell name, or blood.

It doesnt make sense for the Reach to be divided as the show is claiming, because in truth, the Tyrell married into the 2 other most powerful families
"Because in truth"? You mean "because in the books". You're explaining why book stuff says "X", but the TV series has its own story. It doesn't matter what the books say, we're watching the series, not reading the books.

It's not a matter of which is better. I don't dispute your points about how different some of the details are. My point is that's not what we're watching, so it has no bearing on anything.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,322,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
do the Star Wars/Star Trek plan: Whole new stories in the exciting universe of WesterosWorld! There are so many revealed plot lines to follow.
I for one would like to know how Stannis ended up way the heck out at Dragonstone, and the life of Seaworth. Jorah's selling slaves would be worth a lot of hours.

"Etc.,"
Sequels/prequels/spin-offs only really work if they do something fresh, IMO.

The Dunk and Egg standalone GoT prequel stories would probably film well, but that's a very different tone than the main series, so I'm not sure HBO (or the bulk of the viewers) would be into it. And the idea of a GRITTY AND EPIC Dunk and Egg is...lol, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No it wasn't. And explain to me why did D&D thought it would be a good idea to have Sansa raped when she never was raped in the book? In fact, the violence and sexual violence against women makes me wonder if the producers and people who actually like to watch this stuff, are seriously sick in the head and need mental help.
TV Sansa got book Jeyne Poole's storyline. In both the books and the TV show Ramsay is trying to claim and hold Winterfell. In the novels, a recurring character named Jeyne, who had been Sansa's childhood best friend and had accompanied the Starks to King's Landing, is forced by Littlefinger to impersonate Arya and married off to Ramsay. It's been a while since I read the series, but IIRC the book was more explicit about the assaults than the show was and the events were more depraved. (Meanwhile, I don't think Sansa even appeared in that book.) The Theon stuff with Ramsay was also lot worse in the novels.

One could certainly debate whether it was necessary to the TV show's plot to keep that storyline, or whether it was advisable to sub in Sansa, but it's not the product of the showrunners' imaginations.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:45 AM

12,760 posts, read 8,806,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Sequels/prequels/spin-offs only really work if they do something fresh, IMO.

The Dunk and Egg standalone GoT prequel stories would probably film well, but that's a very different tone than the main series, so I'm not sure HBO (or the bulk of the viewers) would be into it. And the idea of a GRITTY AND EPIC Dunk and Egg is...lol, no.

TV Sansa got book Jeyne Poole's storyline. In both the books and the TV show Ramsay is trying to claim and hold Winterfell. In the novels, a recurring character named Jeyne, who had been Sansa's childhood best friend and had accompanied the Starks to King's Landing, is forced by Littlefinger to impersonate Arya and married off to Ramsay. It's been a while since I read the series, but IIRC the book was more explicit about the assaults than the show was and the events were more depraved. (Meanwhile, I don't think Sansa even appeared in that book.) The Theon stuff with Ramsay was also lot worse in the novels.

One could certainly debate whether it was necessary to the TV show's plot to keep that storyline, or whether it was advisable to sub in Sansa, but it's not the product of the showrunners' imaginations.
Im just waiting for Sansa to summon the Dark Phoenix and finish off Cersi

Old 08-02-2017, 11:58 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,807,033 times
I figured out where RR got the inspiration for Jon, Tyrion and Dany, it's painfully obvious.

https://youtu.be/nM4okRvCg2g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or