U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 04:22 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,296,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Jaime will be the end of Cersei
What could possibly motivate him to go after his sister?
"And yes, I have a theory for that; two in fact"

Last edited by Crashj007; 08-07-2017 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: two
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 04:32 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,362,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Practice? More like a scrimmage. Looking for a real fight here but can't figure a motive for it, other than the "Plot Theory That Must Not Be Named". And even there, what's the reason for it??
Arya was most likely seeking to measure herself against someone worthy. She hadn't sparred with anyone else since she left Braavos.

Taking the PTTMNBN (to which I do not adhere) into account, Arya was testing Brienne's ability to fight.

Last edited by djmilf; 08-07-2017 at 04:41 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 04:43 PM

5,765 posts, read 2,961,979 times
Amazing fantastic battle scene!!
The one fault, and it was big for me, is how coifed Dany was the whole time going at least 50-60 MPH and neither her hair or clothes stirred a bit. GOT is famous for its realistic scenes, and Dany (not the dragon) was too fake looking.

Will Dragoon die, or can they save him??! In next week's trailer, it briefly shows him still alive sort of.

The dragon scenes are so brilliantly realistic (except for Dany looking too neat and tidy).

The second highlight for me was the mock sword fighting between Arya and Brienne.
Brienne is one of my top four characters.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:10 PM

434 posts, read 412,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile2001 View Post
I'd like to see Jamie gone for good. I had hopes he would follow the book Jamie and abandon his deranged sister once and for all.

The story in the books has not yet progressed enough to determine whether he will do that or not.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:19 PM

2,645 posts, read 1,828,665 times
Quote:
What could possibly motivate him to go after his sister?
"And yes, I have a theory for that; two in fact"
He has been seeing his sister for who she really has become, and what she is capable of. And he has learned a great deal, and grown as a person.
She will finally do, or attempt to do something that he simply cannot allow.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:21 PM

36,971 posts, read 17,444,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
There was only one dragon used in the attack because there is only one Dragon Rider in the world-Dany. Where is she going to get more Dragon Riders anyway?
When Dany attacked the slaver's fleet outside Mereen, she rode one dragon and the other two flew along side and participated in the slaughter. Dany was depicted as being able to direct the actions of all three while being in physical contact with only one.

So the question remains...why only one?

As for other riders, should they get around to that, I would think that Grey Worm and Ser Jorah (assuming he returns soon) would serve nicely.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:23 PM

2,645 posts, read 1,828,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
When Dany attacked the slaver's fleet outside Mereen, she rode one dragon and the other two flew along side and participated in the slaughter. Dany was depicted as being able to direct the actions of all three while being in physical contact with only one.

So the question remains...why only one?

As for other riders, should they get around to that, I would think that Grey Worm and Ser Jorah (assuming he returns soon) would serve nicely.
Once his true lineage is revealed, I suspect that Jon might become a rider.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Practice? More like a scrimmage. Looking for a real fight here but can't figure a motive for it, other than the "Plot Theory That Must Not Be Named". And even there, what's the reason for it??
Seems like they are trying to establish Arya as the greatest swordfighter in Westeros. Brienne beat The Hound and Arya beat Brienne, so by the transitive property, Arya can also beat The Hound.

What might this be foreshadowing? Don't know. The Mountain is still on her to do list, as is Cersei, so perhaps she has to fight her way past The Mountain to get to the Queen. In such an event, the duel last night serves to establish Arya as a credible opponent for The Mountain.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Once his true lineage is revealed, I suspect that Jon might become a rider.
Perhaps if Dany moves north to take on the Army of the Dead, but not while she is doing battle with the Lannisters.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:04 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,640,102 times
Hubby brought up a good point- Jaimie wont be able to swim in his armor and his hand is heavy too.... it will be interesting to see what they do about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or