Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 06:07 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,489,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Hubby brought up a good point- Jaimie wont be able to swim in his armor and his hand is heavy too.... it will be interesting to see what they do about that
I spent my Saturdays in my youth at the movies watching serials where the hero (or his girl friend or the stupid sidekick) seemed to be at death's door only to be saved next weekend. Fear not!
"OTOH . . ."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 06:08 PM

8,389 posts, read 7,349,889 times
Quote:
Hubby brought up a good point- Jaimie wont be able to swim in his armor and his hand is heavy too.... it will be interesting to see what they do about that
Yup, and a one-handed Lannister might have problems removing his armor while he's drowning.

My money is on Ser Bronn to once again haul someone's butt out of a sling - he's making a habit of saving Lannister lives, he is.

Jamie's gonna owe Bronn TWO castles - at least.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:10 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,489,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yup, and a one-handed Lannister might have problems removing his armor while he's drowning.

My money is on Ser Bronn to once again haul someone's butt out of a sling - he's making a habit of saving Lannister lives, he is.

Jamie's gonna owe Bronn TWO castles - at least.
Is Bronn man enough to tame Cersei? Just thinking ahead . . .

Old 08-07-2017, 06:24 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,027,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I spent my Saturdays in my youth at the movies watching serials where the hero (or his girl friend or the stupid sidekick) seemed to be at death's door only to be saved next weekend. Fear not!
"OTOH . . ."
Me too. All too often the solution to the impossible peril was...he just lived. Big explosion at the end of Chapter Seven....Chapter Eight starts with him walking out of the smoke, dusting himself off.

Most frequently it was resolved by showing us something not seen in the previous chapter. The car goes off the cliff and explodes. The next chapter shows the same sequence, but adds a clip of the hero jumping from the car just before it goes over the cliff.

Even as a kid I'd get pissed at them taking the easy way out time and time again.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,060,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
That didn't stop her from using all three dragons to destroy the master's fleet at Meereen. She seemed to have no issue controlling and leading all three during that rather complex battle. I think it's more a matter of believing that she didn't need all three or that she didn't want to risk all three...or that CGI for three dragons was way more expensive than it was for the one, which is most likely the reason,

The rest of the analysis I agree with, she is getting a little desperate and is giving up on the restrained method of fighting recommend by her advisers. The words of Olenna are most likely echoing in her ears..."be a dragon".
At Mereen, all the ships were the enemy. In this battle there were friend and foe alike on the battle field, so more control was needed. The Dragons might have killed everyone, if not under control of a rider.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,964,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
When Dany attacked the slaver's fleet outside Mereen, she rode one dragon and the other two flew along side and participated in the slaughter. Dany was depicted as being able to direct the actions of all three while being in physical contact with only one.

So the question remains...why only one?
Because only one was needed. Also with everyone else gone, maybe she wanted to leave the other two behind in case of an attack on Dragonstone.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:29 PM

45,110 posts, read 60,184,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
At Mereen, all the ships were the enemy. In this battle there were friend and foe alike on the battle field, so more control was needed. The Dragons might have killed everyone, if not under control of a rider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Because only one was needed. Also with everyone else gone, maybe she wanted to leave the other two behind in case of an attack on Dragonstone.
My money is on the "only so much money for CGI" theory. How much do you suppose that dragon segment cost? I read that the Battle of the Bastards took something like 28 days to shoot, I imagine the one last night took almost as long. And it had horses which adds another level of "oh crap, we have animals in this scene" issues.

Now, to the action.

But first, I liked Davos' boob joke to Jon. I also thinks that scamp Davos sort of has the hots for Missendea.

Was that Randyll Tarly I saw get cooked towards the end of the battle? And what happened to It's Dickon, dammit?

Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 PM

455 posts, read 648,041 times
Quote:
I'm thinking he gets fished out of the water by Daenerys or her dragon, then he and Bronn become captives...

Old 08-07-2017, 07:45 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,027,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumaboy View Post
I'm thinking he gets fished out of the water by Daenerys or her dragon, then he and Bronn become captives...
Or maybe Theon shows up and fishes them out of the drink. He could then exchange them for his captive sister.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:03 PM

212 posts, read 416,659 times
OK, So Dany can control 3 dragons - how far can they be from her and still be controllable? If they have to be in line-of-sight or only X amount meters from her, that could limit stratigic planning or Hail Mary options during battle. Dragons only bond with 1 person as long as that person is alive and they only bond with 1 certain person of the dragon's own choosing. That means none of the 3 dragons will even attempt to bond with anyone else until Dany dies, and even then they may not choose anyone that's around anyway. They need to find more dragons or eggs fast if that is going to be a big part of her war tactics.

I hope Drogon is not mortaliy wounded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV