U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 AM

12,984 posts, read 5,391,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
There is a very sad and heartbreaking fan theory about Arya, and after watching this scene I think it may be true. Arya did not really fight like Arya IMHO.
If Arya was no one, she wouldn't have gotten so excited when she heard that her family was at Winterfel. I think it's safe to assume that Arya is Arya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 07:08 AM

36,948 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why not? If dogs can be trained to guard the house, why can't dragons?
Sure, they can train them using dragon biscuits.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Seems like they are trying to establish Arya as the greatest swordfighter in Westeros. Brienne beat The Hound and Arya beat Brienne, so by the transitive property, Arya can also beat The Hound.

What might this be foreshadowing? Don't know. The Mountain is still on her to do list, as is Cersei, so perhaps she has to fight her way past The Mountain to get to the Queen. In such an event, the duel last night serves to establish Arya as a credible opponent for The Mountain.
I thought the Mountain couldn't be killed. Isn't he already dead?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:26 AM

36,948 posts, read 17,425,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Who knows on this show? I don't think it was ever made clear as to whether The Mountain was near death and saved by Qyburn's ministrations, or he was fully dead and has been re-animated.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:31 AM

5,092 posts, read 4,357,785 times
Quote:
If Arya was no one, she wouldn't have gotten so excited when she heard that her family was at Winterfel. I think it's safe to assume that Arya is Arya.
Yes, Arya is Arya.

In an age before photography, where people's visages are known only to people who have seen them, she knows that Eddard Stark's funerary statue isn't a good likeness.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 AM

5,092 posts, read 4,357,785 times
Quote:
Reconstituted Gregor Clegane, aka 'The Mountain', took a blow to the chest from one of the Faith Militant that would have pierced his heart and lungs and killed a mortal man.

The Mountain is beyond death at this point. I'm guessing that the only way to defeat him is to burn him until he's only ashes.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:45 AM

2,018 posts, read 2,704,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Yes, Arya is Arya.

In an age before photography, where people's visages are known only to people who have seen them, she knows that Eddard Stark's funerary statue isn't a good likeness.

Agreed. I also think her dire wolf would have sensed it wasn't her, nor would no one be able to recognize the big woof girl.

Is Dickon still alive? He's Sam's brother right?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Reconstituted Gregor Clegane, aka 'The Mountain', took a blow to the chest from one of the Faith Militant that would have pierced his heart and lungs and killed a mortal man.

The Mountain is beyond death at this point. I'm guessing that the only way to defeat him is to burn him until he's only ashes.
Ah, dragon fire?

Old 08-08-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Agreed. I also think her dire wolf would have sensed it wasn't her, nor would no one be able to recognize the big woof girl.

Is Dickon still alive? He's Sam's brother right?
You guys are showing that the show has absolutely proven that the fan theory is not right. Thanks for the reminders.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 AM

9,447 posts, read 7,593,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The answer being: The writers don't care. Entire armies are essentially marching hundreds of miles in a few days. Ships manage to sail thousands of miles on a daily basis. No one notices hordes of Dothraki crossing their lands.

There are two possible reasons for this:

A common misconception. Since Westeros is basically shaped like Great Britain Ireland smooshed together (and it is; see: Game of Thrones' Westeros Is Really Just Britain & An Inverted Ireland - Brilliant Maps ) the writers seem to think it is the size of Great Britain, when it is actually more like the size of South America.

The writers don't care. This is the most likely explanation.

Why does everyone assume that the armies are starting from the same place. Most countries have BASES scattered around their territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or