U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 05:56 PM

32,131 posts, read 39,212,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Better.

How about we make it "Manual Loading Torsion Powered Ground Launched Portable Anti- Incendiary Reptile Air Defense Modul" (MLTPGLPAIRDM)
OK. That's the official procurement name so now we need a field name for it. How about Scorpion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 06:06 PM

36,999 posts, read 17,449,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
OK. That's the official procurement name so now we need a field name for it. How about Scorpion?
The MLTPGLPAIRDM acronym would seem the most convenient. It is pronounced Mih-Ill-Tip-Gul-Pair-Dom, accent on the "Gul."

Old 08-08-2017, 06:43 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,299,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I started binge watching this series, but the incredibly long picture of a map at the beginning bored me so much I gave it up<>
Perhaps you have not noticed the map changes every time, according to where the events of the episode take place?
"Your loss . . . "

Old 08-08-2017, 06:43 PM

13,006 posts, read 5,403,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I started binge watching this series, but the incredibly long picture of a map at the beginning bored me so much I gave it up. In any even I did not find the incest, rampant immorality and lack of honor, and the disturbingly graphic violence to be entertaining. However if you take those out or fast forward through those and the endless picture of a map at the beginning, there is only about 5 minutes left to watch in each episode. I liked the books a bit better for a while, but I got bored with the redundancy. However I got a lot further in the books than in the show. The books are faster paced. the show was a bit slow at times. Maybe it got better. I only watched one show after ned nate? the dad got killed. That show was really slow and boring, so I went back to the books, but then they got boring because it was basically the same theme sequence over and over.
Sounds like you get bored easily. Too bad because you're missing a great show. I'm sure the books are great too, but I decided I'm going to wait for the series to end before reading.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:44 PM

8,007 posts, read 5,299,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
We should see a RFQ for a dozen or so next week?
"hope it's not too late!"

Old 08-08-2017, 06:56 PM

5,463 posts, read 4,583,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That "toothpick" is Valyrian steel and can pierce armor just as easily as a larger sword. If a sword goes through the heart, the eye, or the carotid artery, it doesn't really matter how big the sword was.
Needle is not made of Valerian steel. John Snow had Millken make it for her at Winterfell's forge before he left for the Wall. The only weapon made of Valerian steel at Winterfell was Eddard's "Ice".

Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 PM

5,092 posts, read 4,363,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The only weapon made of Valerian steel at Winterfell was Eddard's "Ice".
Was, indeed.

But Oathkeeper is at Winterfell now, forged from the Valyrian steel of Ice.

The sword remade.

Makes me wonder what the fate of Widow's Wail will be.

And Arya now holds the Catspaw assassin's Valyrian steel dagger. I'm still curious as to why Littlefinger gifted to Bran the weapon meant to kill him. Perhaps it's another play to increase the chaos.

Interestingly, I had always assumed that the dagger originally belonged to Littlefinger and that he was the one who sent the assassin, but the HBO series never fingers him as the culprit.

Last edited by djmilf; 08-08-2017 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 PM

27,230 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Sometimes she has been armed with what looks like a small broadsword, but Sunday she had Needle back, it seemed to me?
BTW, while it is important what steel is used, the beauty, power, toughness, and edge of a sword is in the forging. Valerian steel, to be recognized at a glance would have to be something like a Damascene blade.
Bob Kramer | Kramer Knives - Damascus Steel
In GoT Valyrian steel is the only weapon aside from dragon glass (obsidian) that can kill white walkers. Bran, who can see all things present and future, gave it to Arya so it's pretty clear that in the future we will see little Arya out battling white walkers, or maybe the Night King . But I'm confused as to why littlefinger gave it to Bran, why didn't he give it to Arya himself?

Old 08-08-2017, 07:06 PM

595 posts, read 355,161 times
^

Possible he didn't realize bran would so quickly regift it. And would have no idea he'd give it to arya until after he saw the sparring session. lol

Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 PM

5,463 posts, read 4,583,254 times
Bran seems totally devoid of emotion now. What happened from the time his Uncle Benjen left him and Meera in the godswood near the Wall and his arrival at Winterfell?

He seems very robotic and very different. If being a 3-eyed raven does this, why didn't the original 3-eyed raven act like that? That one actually seemed compassionate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or