U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2017, 07:12 PM
 
5,106 posts, read 6,064,394 times
Reputation: 9677

Advertisements

according to the books which are long past today's story, Sansa made several attempts to escape while outwardly appearing cowed down. She worked out plans, always planning, to get out. First with Hound as I recall and lastly with a captain sent by Little finger. She was in fear for her life and had seen her father killed in front of her. She knew her life was in danger every day. Even in the TV show, I doubt she needed a manufactured reason beyond that. Her survival required her to get out at the first opportunity.

about Tyrion and Sansa being charged, cruel tyrants need no reason, justice or court of law. What they say is what it is and who they decide is guilty is guilty and no one is going to say otherwise. Kind of like living in North Korea.

Oleena and Little finger cooked up the assassination of Joffrey and perhaps Varys helped. It really doesn't need to be more than that. I wouldn't want to see my precious flower (Margaret) going to that crazy Joffrey either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2017, 07:17 PM
 
5,092 posts, read 4,362,013 times
Reputation: 4337
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
according to the books which are long past today's story, Sansa made several attempts to escape while outwardly appearing cowed down. She worked out plans, always planning, to get out. First with Hound as I recall and lastly with a captain sent by Little finger. She was in fear for her life and had seen her father killed in front of her. She knew her life was in danger every day. Even in the TV show, I doubt she needed a manufactured reason beyond that. Her survival required her to get out at the first opportunity.
Yes, that's the problem with the books and the HBO series having divergent story lines. Book Sansa was always trying to figure out her escape from King's Landing; I don't know of any escape plans that HBO Sansa may have made.

And my recent postings do lean heavily on information from the book series, so I may be dancing on thin air in those posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2017, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,455 posts, read 633,009 times
Reputation: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree, though I didn't even realize it was never established in the show that Joffrey may be involved. Sorry if it ends up being a plot point now. Though it seems like it won't be, the dagger is suddenly in play again so it could come up again.
I think the primary reasons why the dagger was brought up, 1- it will be the weapon used to take down Littlefinger, either by Arya or Sansa or both, something as a bittersweet revenge for all of the hell he caused the Starks, and 2, Arya has finally shown she has become the warrior she always wanted to be, and the dagger will be her weapon when she joins Jon in his fight against the White Walkers.

This story seems to be one of those that every person and thing is intricately intertwined with eachother, and that a higher fate is playing with their ultimate destinies.

Last edited by warhorse78; 08-09-2017 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2017, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Parts Unknown, Northern California
36,969 posts, read 17,444,005 times
Reputation: 16804
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Petyr Baelish may or may not have forced a confrontation between uncle dwarf and nephew psychopath, but he did anticipate and plan for Sansa's need to flee King's Landing. Littlefinger had his ship ready for departure and had sent the court jester to bring her to his departing ship. As I see it, Sansa would only have had reason to flee if she or her husband had been immediately accused of participating in the murder; otherwise, her husband's position as a Lannister, as Master of Coin, and as uncle to the king should have protected her.

What else could have been the trigger that would have pointed the finger of guilt at Sansa? How would Littlefinger have guaranteed Sansa's need for speed away from the scene of the crime?
I agree that Joffrey's murder was used by Littlefinger as the means of spiriting Sansa out of Kings Landing. I question that it could not have been accomplished without the murder. Sansa was Cercei's prisoner, forced by Tywin into a sham marriage designed to bolster the Lannister influence in the North. She was certainly motivated to escape, she didn't need to be made into a wanted fugitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2017, 09:33 PM
 
3,582 posts, read 3,667,780 times
Reputation: 2595
Will the wall come down? If so, how will it come down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 12:07 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
9,635 posts, read 9,475,466 times
Reputation: 6754
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Will the wall come down? If so, how will it come down?
I don't think the wall will come down. The white walkers seem pretty agile, maybe they will clime over it like the wildlings did in previous seasons.

But more likely, I think when winter comes, the sea will freeze and they will walk around the wall. If you notice in the opening credits this season, when they show the map, as they are panning out from the wall the sea to the right of the wall turns white. That is not something we see in the previous seasons. Why did they change it?

Or maybe I am just reading too much into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
11,796 posts, read 9,712,347 times
Reputation: 10799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I agree that Joffrey's murder was used by Littlefinger as the means of spiriting Sansa out of Kings Landing. I question that it could not have been accomplished without the murder. Sansa was Cercei's prisoner, forced by Tywin into a sham marriage designed to bolster the Lannister influence in the North. She was certainly motivated to escape, she didn't need to be made into a wanted fugitive.
The wedding and assassination provided the perfect cover for escape; it was a place where all known players would be present, and none would randomly see the escape or stop Sansa or her "friend" who escorted her outside of the courtyard. And during the drama of Joffrey turning purple, few if any would have their eyes on Sansa. Also, making her a fugitive means she'd be more prone to hanging out with Littlefinger at his cold rock of a homeland, instead of leaving him for somewhere else.
It's as plausible as any of the other outlandish scenarios we've been forced to accept as fact in this show, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 04:04 AM
 
Location: Beverly Hills
115 posts, read 52,598 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I think the primary reasons why the dagger was brought up, 1- it will be the weapon used to take down Littlefinger, either by Arya or Sansa or both, something as a bittersweet revenge for all of the hell he caused the Starks, and 2, Arya has finally shown she has become the warrior she always wanted to be, and the dagger will be her weapon when she joins Jon in his fight against the White Walkers.

This story seems to be one of those that every person and thing is intricately intertwined with eachother, and that a higher fate is playing with their ultimate destinies.
IMO the primary reason was to show the dagger going to it's deserving owner. Arya has been shown to cut throats of people several times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 04:10 AM
 
Location: Beverly Hills
115 posts, read 52,598 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't think the wall will come down. The white walkers seem pretty agile, maybe they will clime over it like the wildlings did in previous seasons.

But more likely, I think when winter comes, the sea will freeze and they will walk around the wall. If you notice in the opening credits this season, when they show the map, as they are panning out from the wall the sea to the right of the wall turns white. That is not something we see in the previous seasons. Why did they change it?

Or maybe I am just reading too much into it.
In the first episode the Hound forsee the walkers coming from the east end of the wall where it ends on the Bay of Seals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2017, 05:05 AM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
11,796 posts, read 9,712,347 times
Reputation: 10799
Great catch, both of you. I admit to never really having paid much attention to the opening sequence, even though it changes. I believe there is a pass on the western edge of the wall as well...not sure if it is protected by magic like the wall itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top