Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 01:33 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,027 posts, read 6,544,694 times

Advertisements

Usually I don't worry about "spoilers". But in this case, watching too many YouTube videos about season 7 has already spoiled a couple plot lines for me, including the opening revenge scene in S7E1. Shame on me......

But a great episode non-the-less. Having the show back for a few Sundays is like a visit from an old friend I have not seen in quite a while.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
Oh....was the giant with the white walkers Wun Wun? Wun Wun died south of the wall didn't he? So could he be a white walker now?
There were a couple of giants beside Wun Wun when the wildings reached the wall and were trying to climb it (Episode 9, Season 4: Wildlings On The Wall). I believe they were killed during that battle if not when Stannis and his army went to save Jon.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:16 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
There were a couple of giants beside Wun Wun when the wildings reached the wall and were trying to climb it (Episode 9, Season 4: Wildlings On The Wall). I believe they were killed during that battle if not when Stannis and his army went to save Jon.
There were also a number of white walker giants.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
I think that Arya stated to the lannister soldiers about killing the Queen in order to assess the military support that the Lannister army has for Cerci, and the answer is "none".

Old 07-17-2017, 03:52 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I think that Arya stated to the lannister soldiers about killing the Queen in order to assess the military support that the Lannister army has for Cerci, and the answer is "none".
I don't think it was that at all. My thought is the soldiers laughed because it sounds completely ludicrous that a single 'girl' would travel to Kings Landing to try and kill the queen. I'm willing to bet they wouldn't have been laughing if it was a troop of armed soldiers stating they were going to go kill the queen. She said it to feel them out, but I don't think it had anything to do with military support.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 PM

604 posts, read 839,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
It was handled the same way in the series. Our introduction to Jamie was his incestuous relationship with his sister and his emotionally indifferent attempted murder of Brandon Stark. Later we see him murdering his jailer after first befriending him. Jamie did not start becoming sympathetic until paired with Brienne.
I guess the books can show this a bit more since the books describe what he is thinking. If I remember correctly he broke off his incestuous relationship with Cersei and was disgusted by her actions. There were some other things that happened as well, but it's been awhile since I read the book. I was hoping for the same in the TV show. But hey, the season is young and perhaps that will happen. Jamie killed the Mad King so maybe he will have a hand in killing the Mad Queen this season. Who knows......

Old 07-17-2017, 04:09 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakealope View Post
Oh....was the giant with the white walkers Wun Wun? Wun Wun died south of the wall didn't he? So could he be a white walker now?
Wun Wun died at Winterfell when Ramsay shot him in the eye with his arrow, so it couldn't have been him. The scene looked like it took place north of the wall. I saw two giants in the scene with the Night King....I presume there were more giants than Wun Wun and the giant who died in the attack on the wall when Mance Rayder led his army there.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:12 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
I miss Wun Wun! Red Woman should have brought him back!!!

Old 07-17-2017, 05:14 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
How big would anyone here estimate the giants shown in the series to be? In the books they are described as 13-14 feet tall, but the ones on TV seem more like 20 footers. Fantastic job weaving them into the picture so realistically.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:23 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
It was. I had the closed captioning on and it showed his name next to his lines.
Thanks! His arm did look more burned, than scaly though. Maybe they are trying some weird medieval cure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV