Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 12:16 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
No need for spoilers on events that have already happened.

Do you mean the Starks? Winterfell?
The Starks just hung their banner. I was talking about the Frey/Lannister castle scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 12:36 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
Meanwhile, maybe all of Gendry's rowing will land him on Dragonstone. I don't believe he is a Targaryan but his father was a Baratheon? Does that still make him from royal blood and maybe a candiate for Dany's husband?
Maybe on the show, but no way for a bastard son with no real proof. He wasn't even an acknowledged bastard as Jon Snow or Ramsey Bolton were.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:46 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Oh, that's right. And Lady, of all the direwolves, turned out to be ridiculously mannerly for a giant prehistoric wild predator, which does almost suggest there was more going on there than just Sansa being a medieval Caesar Milan.

Bran's the only one of the kids who's driven animals other than his wolf, though, right? And I think after him Jon was the one most overtly steering his wolf, although TBF he had the most opportunity/need to do so. (I kinda wondered during Jon's death and resurrection whether they were trying to imply a bit with the staging that Ghost was a participant in keeping his consciousness around. After all, in the book, that one wildling warg escaped into his animal when he died, which was an interesting detail to make such a point of including. Plus, I mean, Ghost is freakin' named Ghost, lol.)
I read an interesting theory that the dire wolves are connected to the Stark children in one way or another, especially in terms of a life and death situation.

Just like the witch who was with Dani says, in order to save a life, another must be sacrificed. So, Dani's baby was unknowingly sacrificed in her effort to try and save Drogo. So, I think something similar is happening with the Starks and Direwolves.

The moment Lady is killed, Bran wakes up.

Rob's wolf is hypothesized to have been killed before he was, so there would be no spiritual exchanges to keep Rob alive.

It's speculated that about the precise moment Shaggydog is beheaded, is when Jon Snow awakens (meaning the Red Woman had nothing to do with his resurrection)

And that Arya was spared from her stabbing the moment Summer was slaughtered.

Of course, these are just some theories, but, can't deny the plausibility of these notions?

Old 07-22-2017, 01:01 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortisha View Post
Back to Gendry for a sec - as a child he remembered his tavern-wench mother as having blond hair. Was she perhaps a Taegarean off-shoot? That would mean that Gendry would be both a Baratheon and a Targarean. Even better as husband material for Dany.
No way is Gendry ever going to be with Dany. I see him husband material to Arya in the end.

As for Dany's husband material. I'm not sure if she will ever get married, but my theory is, when Jamie meets her, and is reunited with Tyrion, he will fall for Dani, and will turn on Cersei, and will be the brother from the book's prophecies, that will kill her.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:38 PM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
...i did a spoiler in case someone had not seen the episode yet
I figure that the Rule of Spoilers is that if it's been three days since the airing of the episode, then it's OK to post the content of that episode sans spoiler tags.

If someone complains about 4 day old information, then that person really isn't that much into the show.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM

My theory is:

Cersei will be left all alone, literally and everyone will turn on her.
Everyone else runs towards Dany, which is funny because they say " oh shes just this little girl", then they say " well she has dragons, she couldnt do that much" and then " whoa, lets go be on her side".

and i think it will end with Jon, Sansa and Dany kicking butt.

but i could be wrong.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I figure that the Rule of Spoilers is that if it's been three days since the airing of the episode, then it's OK to post the content of that episode sans spoiler tags.

If someone complains about 4 day old information, then that person really isn't that much into the show.
I didnt know there were " rules". I assumed any info that could give away about the show needs a spoiler because not everyone is caught up. Im just now catching up to s7 and I LOVE the show.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:04 PM

8,414 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I didnt know there were " rules".
No, it's more something I just made up.

Sort of like the five second rule...

Or wait 30 minutes after you eat before you go swimming...

Old 07-22-2017, 02:05 PM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, it's more something I just made up.

Sort of like the five second rule...

Or wait 30 minutes after you eat before you go swimming...
Well that's changed. It used to be an hour for swimming.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:20 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No way is Gendry ever going to be with Dany. I see him husband material to Arya in the end.

As for Dany's husband material. I'm not sure if she will ever get married, but my theory is, when Jamie meets her, and is reunited with Tyrion, he will fall for Dani, and will turn on Cersei, and will be the brother from the book's prophecies, that will kill her.
Yes, I agree. Although they are twins, Cersei was born first. So Jamie could very well be the valonqar (little brother) who kills her.

But I think John Snow and Dani will end up together. I'd like to see Brienne and Jamie together. It's obvious they have feelings for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV