Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 03:25 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
That's not raven news, man. Bran is smart enough to realize how explosive it is, especially in the wrong hands. The only confirmed living character who knows is Bran, but he might have told Meera, and Howland Reed as well as some random extras were there when Ned got Jon from Lyanna.

Cat having an affair with Littlefinger is really a wild stretch, especially as Sansa isn't even her oldest child.
Why???
Ned was away alot
She thought he brought HIS bastard into her home to be raised w her lawful children
Maybe Sansa was revenge sex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 03:32 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Littlefinger s not quite right in the head--if you noticed
He views people as pawns and uses them for his game, his strategies
Nothing he does bears a resemblence to "love" as others know it
Even Cersei is more human than Littlefinger
I guess using the term "loves" in relation to Littlefinger's obsession w Sansa was the wrong choice
Just consider-- he could have seen Arya as the fulcrum to move his world, his fortunes but he didn't--he always focused on Sansa...
Eventhough Arya was Catelyn's daughter it was Sansa he was drawn too
Maybe because she was older but maybe something else
There is a significant deviation between the books and the HBO series regarding Ramsay Bolton's bride at Winterfell.

In the book, Petyr Baelish (Littlefinger) supplies a supposed Arya Stark to the Boltons in order to cement their claim to Winterfell, but in fact the young girl is Jeyne Poole, the daughter of Winterfell's steward, Vayon Poole. Littlefinger keeps Sansa Stark for himself, travelling to the Vale and passing Sansa off as his bastard daughter, Alayne Stone.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Why???
Ned was away alot
She thought he brought HIS bastard into her home to be raised w her lawful children
Book+show logic

LittleFinger has never been to winterfell(book), Cat has not been left Winterfell since the war was over(show)

Old 07-25-2017, 03:37 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
I really don't see the Stark kids as rivals at this point. Jon and Sansa disagree about leadership decisions, but she's realistic nowadays - she has to know the lords and soldiers will follow Jon over her. Jon is known as a bastard, but a very, very claimed bastard, having been directly raised and trained by Ned, and having been appointed Lord Commander in his own right further adds to his close-enough-to-noble vibe. Sansa might not think that's fair, but it is what it is. Also, note that her arguments with Jon have mostly circled around him needing to be harder and more defensive/cautious - she's been doing the opposite of trying to set him up for a fall. Littlefinger would love for them to be rivals, but I think she sees through him now. Sansa is stronger and safer with Jon as her close ally, and security is her thing now. I don't see her splitting with him UNLESS he does something to endanger her. I could actually see her proposing a paper marriage once his true parentage is known, consolidating her bloodline claim with his elective claim.

Arya has zero interest in leadership and Bran is too weird even for the northerners.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
i didnt read books and am not enslaved to the show's minutia but think it is plausible theory

Old 07-25-2017, 03:45 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
Why???
Ned was away alot
I believe it was established that Cat hadn't seen Littlefinger between leaving the Riverlands with Ned, and encountering LF in King's Landing in Season 1. In any case, there was nothing in her demeanor in their shared scenes to suggest intimacy past or present. She was very obviously not into him. Also, if LF thinks he's Sansa's father, then his creeping isn't just creepy, it's incestuous - he tried to make out with her at the Eyrie.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:00 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
How does anyone practice with it? It isn't like they have drones they can send up to get an idea of estimating altitude and dragon air speed.
Well, if I were Cersei, and I knew dragons were flying in the air, myth has it that they are attracted to the smell of death and decay. So, I would just have a large group of slaughtered animals laying in an open field, and when one of the dragons comes down to feed, take out the harpoon and nail the sucker right in the eye ball.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
I don't think that's something someone would find out via raven and if Dany is the one to tell him, how does she know? I don't think even Varys knows and he knows everything.
I might be wrong on this, but I think pureblood Targaryens have some form of psychic abilities, like how Daenerys was able to communicate to Drogon when she needs him the most, so I think she is going to sense the Targaryen in him. If not, then either it will be the dragons taking a liking to him, or if he is involved in an accident where he touches or falls into flames or fire, and he comes out of it unscathed.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:12 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, if I were Cersei, and I knew dragons were flying in the air, myth has it that they are attracted to the smell of death and decay. So, I would just have a large group of slaughtered animals laying in an open field, and when one of the dragons comes down to feed, take out the harpoon and nail the sucker right in the eye ball.
There have been numerous references to how much King's Landing stinks, literally. Apparently sanitation isn't one of its attractions, so maybe they wouldn't even have to create bait.

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I saw something which I've seen represented on screen many times...a fire hydrant which had been knocked over, causing this tremendous 30 foot high fountain of water to shoot up like a reverse waterfall. Very impressive in person.

It struck me that what is needed against the dragons is some sort of water cannon, or if Qyburn can come up with some sort of chemical fire retardant, it shoots that. I'm figuring that any creature that can withstand the internal high temperatures needed to create fire breath, probably could not tolerate a rapid cooling or extinguishing of the heat source. When the dragon opens it mouth to munch someone, blast em with ultimate super soaker.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Why???
Ned was away alot
This sounds too much like fangirls wanting Sansa and Jon not to be related by blood at all so they can fall in love and not have it be incest.

However, I have always wondered about Arya. If any child is the result of revenge sex, I see it being Arya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV