Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 09:22 AM

8,415 posts, read 7,412,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I wonder if we'll see the second sons again. Having lost the Greyjoy, Martell and Tyrell armies, they would certainly be an asset to Dany at this point.
The Second Sons are maintaining order in the cities in Slaver Bay - she'd have to abandon her freed citizens if she recalled that unit.

But her situation is worse than that...

Her Unsullied legion, originally numbered at about 8,000 but probably reduced to 6,000 due to battles in Essos, has taken heavy casualties in the battle for Casterly Rock, now probably down to 4 or 5 thousand, and with no fleet to carry them back to Dragonstone. As pointed out by Jaime Lannister, Casterly Rock has no gold, no supplies, and the Unsullied can only rejoin Daenerys' forces by marching a thousand miles through potentially hostile Westeros without resupply.

Daenerys is down to her Dothraki light cavalry and her dragons.

At this point, the only extra forces available to her are Jon Snow's Northmen (who aren't keen on pledging fealty to a southern monarch), Peyr Baelish's Knights of the Vale (wonder what Tyrion and Varis would say to an alliance with Littlefinger?), and then the scattered remains of the armies of the Riverlands and of the Stormlands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,320 times
They have to let Cersei win a couple of battles like Robb Stark did so there's some drama. Ultimately though, when the Dothraki, Unsullied and North jump in the fray, the Lannisters are going down.

Dany believes she should be Queen because it's her birthright but Jon is showing her that no one will bow before you just because you said so. You have to earn those stripes. Leading the Dothraki/Unsullied is much different than governing Kings Landing. Dothraki/Unsullied respond to brute force and power, but the people of Westeros require a lighter touch.

Bran could be very helpful for Sansa if he keeps her informed of everything that's going on with his "3rd eye." Sansa isn't going to allow Littlefinger to use her. She's going to keep him close until he shows his full hand and then have him killed. At some point he's going to betray his desires. Unlike Varys, LF actually wants to SIT on the Iron Throne. His ambition will be his undoing. Cersei is probably dead either in the last episode of this season or the first episode of next season. Her story line needs to be tied up in some way to make room for the White Walkers. I don't see her being around for much if any of that.

It's probably a good thing that Bran didn't tell Sansa that Jon is a Stark AND Targaryen.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:29 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,811,724 times
Now that Cercei knows that Sansa wasn't responsible for Joffrey's death, I wonder if she tries to change tack with her in an attempt to get back the north?

Old 07-31-2017, 09:36 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Had they switched actors like that, GOT would never have been as popular.

Timelines have always been an issue with GOT. Nothing makes sense when you analyze it. Best to ignore it and just enjoy the storylines.
Yes, it would have. The young kids were not that great.

The best actors are Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Varys, Petyr, Sandor, Jorah, Bronn, Jaqen. Tywin, Olenna, Khal Drogo.

The young cast are not really that great and i would have care less if they were replaced.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:42 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Now that Cercei knows that Sansa wasn't responsible for Joffrey's death, I wonder if she tries to change tack with her in an attempt to get back the north?
Her family killed Sansa's father, mother and brother. I don't think there's much she can do to get the north on her side.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:46 AM

18,467 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josmyth View Post
Almost everyone in the War room with Dany is dead. Who leaked her plans to Cersei? Varis perhaps?
I was thinking of how crazy it would be if it was Tyrion. What if he remains a true Lannister after all, and all of this stuff he is doing with Daenerys is just an amazingly convincing act.

I wouldn't put money on this, but I like to go through all the different scenarios.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:46 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Yeah, I think with all the roadblocks Dany is facing, she's going to need Jon Snow and the North to make some headway in the future.

Great moments last night:

* Dany and Jon meeting for the first time! Just to see them share screen time was a great feeling. Funny to show their difference in titles with Dany's 50 titles and Jon, just King of the North! LOL. Gotta love Davos and his hyping up Jon.
* Loved seeing Jon and Tyrion together. They have a great bond. Loved the Brooding competition.
* Loved Dany asking Tyrion, "Are you trying to present your own statements as ancient wisdom!" What a great line.
* That Cersei and Ellaria scene was intense. The way that scene ended with Ellaria and her daughter trying to reach each other was heartbreaking.
* And WHY kiss your brother when you just had poison in your mouth! Not smart Cersei!
* Euron taunting Jaime about Cersei.
* Tyrion's narration of sneaking into Casterly Rock via the sewers. Love the background on that, so typical of Tyrion.
* Olenna's last biting words! Take that Jamie and Cersei! Olenna you ROCK, we are going to miss you!!!!
* Brann returning the Winterfell but where did his mind go??? When did he get so creepy?
* Jorah is back!!! Just in time to help Dany!

Can't wait for next week!!!!! Let the games begin.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 AM

8,415 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Lannisters killed Eddard, Catelyn, and Robb Stark. She's not going to be able to patch things up.

The North remembers.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:47 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I was thinking of how crazy it would be if it was Tyrion. What if he remains a true Lannister after all, and all of this stuff he is doing with Daenerys is just an amazingly convincing act.

I wouldn't put money on this, but I like to go through all the different scenarios.
That would be an interesting twist but he hates his sister so I doubt it.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:49 AM

18,467 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersmom View Post
That would be an interesting twist but he hates his sister so I doubt it.
He doesn't hate Jamie though.

But I doubt it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV