Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 02:16 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times

Advertisements

If they wanted proof of the re-animated dead, all they have to do is take some condemned prisoner, march him a few feet past the wall, put him in a cage and kill him. He would then come back to life and they could return to Dragonstone with their proof. They should have saved old man Tarly for this.

There is no need to have to risk wandering around looking for a White Walker to capture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 02:20 PM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
I also don't understand why Dany can't take her dragons to King's Landing and give the people two choices.

(A) Turn on Cersei and remove her from power or

(B) Suffer her fate

They'd probably throw Cersei right out of the gates.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
If they wanted proof of the re-animated dead, all they have to do is take some condemned prisoner, march him a few feet past the wall, put him in a cage and kill him. He would then come back to life and they could return to Dragonstone with their proof. They should have saved old man Tarly for this.

There is no need to have to risk wandering around looking for a White Walker to capture.
This is exactly what I said. Just take a prisoner or someone who's already dying north of the wall and end them.

I'm not sure how they intend to catch a wight since those things are super ridiculously animated/violent and don't seem to tire. If you put a wight in a cage, it would probably keep hacking at it until it destroyed either itself or the cage.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I also don't understand why Dany can't take her dragons to King's Landing and give the people two choices.

(A) Turn on Cersei and remove her from power or

(B) Suffer her fate

They'd probably throw Cersei right out of the gates.
This was covered. Dany asked Jon's advice on what she should do and Jon told her that if she used her dragons to "melt castles and burn cities" then she would be no better than any of the other claimants to the throne. Jon reminded her that the people who followed her, did so because she was different from the others.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
This was covered. Dany asked Jon's advice on what she should do and Jon told her that if she used her dragons to "melt castles and burn cities" then she would be no better than any of the other claimants to the throne. Jon reminded her that the people who followed her, did so because she was different from the others.
I remember that scene. I'm not proposing a direct assault on King's Landing. I'm proposing that she create internal havoc within KL by taking her dragons there. It would be no different from the same choices she presented to the Tarlys.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Same actor, he went with the shorter hair fad that Jamie started a few seasons back.

It was however, a different actor playing Drogon.
Sean Connery?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I remember that scene. I'm not proposing a direct assault on King's Landing. I'm proposing that she create internal havoc within KL by taking her dragons there. It would be no different from the same choices she presented to the Tarlys.
You have her threatening to do the things which Jon pointed out would turn Dany into just one more barbaric autocrat. What happens if she makes these threats and the people resist? Then she either has to back down, proving that her threats were hollow, or then go ahead and "melt castles and burn cities."

Old 08-14-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Sean Connery?
I thought it was F. Murray Abraham, his career never really took off after winning his Amadeus Oscar and he has to accept whatever hack payday comes his way.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:51 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
I agree about the poorer quality of writing this season.

When Dany said "Enough with the (something)" I thought to myself - oops - colloquialism straight from an American east coast writer.

And the rush to the end is giving me vertigo.

But as I said before - suspension of disbelief is key to enjoying the series, and it still is wonderful to me.

When I read all the books I skipped everything about Dorn and I always skip all the battle scenes, because that stuff is boring to me. I figure I'll re-read everything next year after the series ends - by that time Martin's next book should be ready.

Yes, the actor playing Gendry is the same as before. I've always thought that he looks exactly like the actor playing Pod, which was confusing to me. The fact that Gendry looks older now helps differentiate him from Pod, which is useful.

I think the actor playing Drogon is very believable. They're probably British, because the accent is really good.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
You have her threatening to do the things which Jon pointed out would turn Dany into just one more barbaric autocrat. What happens if she makes these threats and the people resist? Then she either has to back down, proving that her threats were hollow, or then go ahead and "melt castles and burn cities."
I guess she'll just have to be a dragon rather than a sheep.

This is a distinct possibility Dany may confront one way or another. She assumes she'll depose Cersei and everyone will follow her. If they don't, will she just return to the Free Cities?

The way I see it, Dany's going to have to go to KL eventually. I don't know how she intends to get Cersei out of the Red Keep without bloodshed. So she might as well give the people a choice, and if they refuse, then she can sack KL with a clear conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV