Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 03:37 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Anybody else think that Cersei's little love package is a creation of Qyburn, not Jamie's?
Ewww. By "creation", you do mean that in the scientific sense, I hope? Qyburn would be a lousy substitute for Jamie in the sack, even if he were triple-bagged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 03:39 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Anybody else think that Cersei's little love package is a creation of Qyburn, not Jamie's?
If she's actually pregnant, my guess is that the baby belongs to Euron. At some point, either Cersei or Euron will throw this in Jamie's face and it'll make him angry enough to kill her....thus satisfying the Valonquar prophecy of her being killed by her brother.

I suspect that Tyrion is a Targaryen. Cersei always thought that he'd be the one to kill her but he's not actually her blood.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Given that Cersei found out about all the wild fire hidden under King's Landing I could see her abdicating and when Dani assumes the throne, kablewie, the red keep suffers the same fate as the sept and Cersei just steps right back in. No more Dani, no more Jon, no more all Dani's advisers and heads of houses there to watch her coronation. Cersei wins fade to black.
Dragons don't burn.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
All the time they've spent on Pod suggests that he will have a key role to play in the finale.
But in the books, he . . .

So, I think in the tv series he more serves the role of comic sidekick - just there to lighten the mood after we've been served an overabundance of bloodshed.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:58 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Jon Snow (Targaryen) - Gilly's discovery about the marriage annulment means that Jon is the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. His father, Rheagar would have been king and so now everything passes to Jon. All that's left is when, where, how and by whom will he find out his true parentage. Jon won't want the Throne, but he'll probably end up on it one way or the other.

Daenerys - She definitely has feelings for Jon though I'm not sure how much of it genuine love and how much of it is a romantic sort of love. The way she looked at him when he was leaving on the boats...I've never seen her look at anyone that way, including Khal Drogo. It's like she wants to hold him and never let go, but it's not really a lustful look. Hard to describe.

Tyrion - dude needs to wake up. Cersei would kill him at the drop of the hat. I understand his concerns, but this isn't the time to go soft.

Varys - Dany needs to watch her back. Varys is a good adviser, but like Littlefinger, they're more interested in covering their own butts instead of yours. I think this is why Dany is so fond of Jon. Snow is the kind of guy that would willingly sacrifice himself whereas someone like Varys would give you advice until he's blue in the face, but would never put you in front of himself.

Randall Tarly and Son - idiots. Sam Tarly is clearly the brains of his family. His father could have easily gotten on Dany's side, been her top general and ended the madness at King's Landing. Instead he chose 'Death by Dragon.'

Jamie - he's grown up a lot but he just can't pull away from Cersei. She will be their downfall.

Cersei - the pregnancy news was a good move, even if she's not pregnant or if the baby is Euron's....or someone else's. Jamie's her twin and she could sense his growing apprehension. Creating a new child, a new Lannister is the type of motivation that can keep Jamie engaged.

Bronn - awesome as always!

Sansa - Arya can see right through her, but she's smarter than Arya gives her credit for. Sure, Sansa wouldn't mind having all the power, but she'd never undermine her brother (I don't think) on purpose.

Arya - while she's a trained assassin, she's a total neophyte when it comes to politics. Littlefinger appears to be playing her like a fiddle, but we don't know for sure if Arya is fooled...........or if she's pretending to be fooled to draw Littlefinger out of his shell. Frankly, she should have murked him on sight. He's outlived his usefulness. Sort of like a Varys, where they're valuable if they're helping you but a liability if they start to act independently.

Littlefinger - he believe the mouse ate the cheese but his day is coming soon.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Jon Snow (Targaryen) - Gilly's discovery about the marriage annulment means that Jon is the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne. His father, Rheagar would have been king and so now everything passes to Jon. All that's left is when, where, how and by whom will he find out his true parentage. Jon won't want the Throne, but he'll probably end up on it one way or the other.

Daenerys - She definitely has feelings for Jon though I'm not sure how much of it genuine love and how much of it is a romantic sort of love. The way she looked at him when he was leaving on the boats...I've never seen her look at anyone that way, including Khal Drogo. It's like she wants to hold him and never let go, but it's not really a lustful look. Hard to describe.

Tyrion - dude needs to wake up. Cersei would kill him at the drop of the hat. I understand his concerns, but this isn't the time to go soft.

Varys - Dany needs to watch her back. Varys is a good adviser, but like Littlefinger, they're more interested in covering their own butts instead of yours. I think this is why Dany is so fond of Jon. Snow is the kind of guy that would willingly sacrifice himself whereas someone like Varys would give you advice until he's blue in the face, but would never put you in front of himself.

Randall Tarly and Son - idiots. Sam Tarly is clearly the brains of his family. His father could have easily gotten on Dany's side, been her top general and ended the madness at King's Landing. Instead he chose 'Death by Dragon.'

Jamie - he's grown up a lot but he just can't pull away from Cersei. She will be their downfall.

Cersei - the pregnancy news was a good move, even if she's not pregnant or if the baby is Euron's....or someone else's. Jamie's her twin and she could sense his growing apprehension. Creating a new child, a new Lannister is the type of motivation that can keep Jamie engaged.

Bronn - awesome as always!

Sansa - Arya can see right through her, but she's smarter than Arya gives her credit for. Sure, Sansa wouldn't mind having all the power, but she'd never undermine her brother (I don't think) on purpose.

Arya - while she's a trained assassin, she's a total neophyte when it comes to politics. Littlefinger appears to be playing her like a fiddle, but we don't know for sure if Arya is fooled...........or if she's pretending to be fooled to draw Littlefinger out of his shell. Frankly, she should have murked him on sight. He's outlived his usefulness. Sort of like a Varys, where they're valuable if they're helping you but a liability if they start to act independently.

Littlefinger - he believe the mouse ate the cheese but his day is coming soon.
You forgot someone.
Davos - Still delivering the best lines.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:27 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
You forgot someone.
Davos - Still delivering the best lines.
Not this time. This time it was Tormund, with his "How many queens are there now?" Jon, "two", Tormund," and you need to convince the one with the dragons, or the one that $%^&* her brother?" LMAO!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:33 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The way I see it, Dany's going to have to go to KL eventually. I don't know how she intends to get Cersei out of the Red Keep without bloodshed.
And this is why we still watch. Everyone has all these theories, and some people love this character, and others don't know why we have to put up with that one. "X" should do this, and "Y" should just do that.

But we really don't know what's next, so we keep watching. For example, did anyone think the next step for Jon Targaryen ne Snow would be assembling Snow's Eleven and going north of the wall?

D&D and GRRM are doing a great job of keeping us on our toes. Nobody knows wtf is next. Not many shows can say that.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:57 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

And I hate the Cersei and Jaimie scenes. I just can't buy that they are in love. It's forced and very fake to me.
I don't think that Cersei is in love with Jamie any longer, now that she has the Iron Throne everyone is judged for their usefulness to her or their danger to her. She is completely preoccupied by fighting to sustain her power, she has no time or interest in love with anyone. When she needs to use Jamie, she recharges his commitment to her with some sexual favors, but that is all it is.

Jamie is a complex character, a mixture of virtues and vices. He is wise at times and naive at others. He has been amorally indifferent to others at times, and taken moral stances at others. His experiences in life have been contradictory. When he killed the Mad King he did so to spare lives in Kings Landing, but all that got him was his reputation as a traitor and Kingslayer.

Having a conscience had gotten him condemned, so for a time he abandoned moral behavior in favor of amoral self indulgence, culminating with his cold hearted disposal of Brandon. Then fortune turned against him culminating in the loss of his hand, and the old Jamie with a conscience re-emerged, as illustrated by his going back to rescue Brienne.

Now he is a man in moral chaos. He sees that Cersei is not the best choice for the ruler of Westeros, but he cannot change sides without going against the family, and losing Cersei forever while he still remains in sexual thrall to her.

If their love scenes are uneasy to watch, it might be because we aren't watching love, we are watching exploitation and addiction.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You're misjudging Varys. He is the closest person to a John Adams in Westeros. He is out for the best interests of the people. As long as he thinks Dany is their best hope at peace and justice, he'll serve her faithfully. If he ever doubts her, he'll start working against her. He's already told her this outright. She'd be wise to take him at his word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV