Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Pretty sure the dire wolves and dragons are all cgi? Of course CGI can work from greenscreen images.
I believe the direwolves are digitally enlarged, but still played by actual wolves.

Obviously the dragons are CGI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 10:33 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
None of the actors on this show are being over-paid. Most of this show's budget is spent on sets, on-location filming, costumes, and special effects. None of that should affect the writing.

Have the showrunners just lost interest and are now focused on other things? Was Martin the real magic all along? Has Michael Bay murdered Weiss and Benioff and replaced them with mandroids?

It's really stunning how such a previously great show has gone so badly off the rails this season.
I keep hearing this from people, but I think it's been pretty good. It's nearing the end, and they were only allowed 14 more episodes to finish instead of the normal 20 for two seasons. They have to move faster. Besides, the end of shows and/or books in long series are typically somewhat disappointing. The build up is more fun, with a lot more intrigue.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
They each stand alone, grammatically speaking.

Will the king have children? Will I have children? He has 6 & 10 and she has 3.

Silly question but what does 6 & 10 mean? 16? If so then why not just say 16?
What North Beach said, but also people did talk that way in the Middle Ages. They even did it in the 1800s (four score and seven sounds a lot more poetic than 87).

Old 08-18-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
They were shown coming up from the bottom gasping for breath. Are we supposed to believe that Bronn secured Jamie, who weighs about 175 pounds and is clad in another 40 pounds of metal, swam under water towing him while holding his breath, and then finally popped up on the far bank?

You think that makes "perfect sense?"
Does it have to? There is a thing called suspension of disbelief. The show has magic and dragons and ice zombies, and we are supposed to be upset that two guys survived drowning when only one had armor and the other could conceivably pull him up? Yeah, hard to believe, but it would have been even more unbelievable if Jaime died at that point in the story.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Sarcasm and riddles seem to miss me, especially while on the internet.

Let me just say,I would have rather they gone into detail how they knew Bronn and Jaimie are alive, instead of seeing Sam have a tantrum when Gilly was trying to read to him.

It very well could be Varys. Or, maybe it was Bronn, once he got back to King's Landing, he sent the letter to Tyrion, knowing that they were clearly effed, and maybe he could talk sense into Jaimie about dealing with Cersei and the White Walkers.
Did you completely miss the significance of what Gilly read? It was written in a book by a maester that Jon Snow is not the illegitimate son of a king, but a true born son. He has more of a claim to the Iron Throne than Dany does. Not that I think Jon would actually want it, but it could become an issue if Dany dies or if she gets so tyrannical that the others want Jon instead.

Of course, it's only significant if people believe the Three Eyed Raven about John's parentage.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I dont think Cersei is telling the truth about being pregnant.

and looks like next episode will be AWESOME!!!!
I got that feeling as well. Maybe she just said it to give Jaime a purpose to keep fighting on her side.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:15 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Did you completely miss the significance of what Gilly read? It was written in a book by a maester that Jon Snow is not the illegitimate son of a king, but a true born son. He has more of a claim to the Iron Throne than Dany does. Not that I think Jon would actually want it, but it could become an issue if Dany dies or if she gets so tyrannical that the others want Jon instead.

Of course, it's only significant if people believe the Three Eyed Raven about John's parentage.
Gilly made no mention of Jon. She only read that Raeghar had received an annulment and was remarried. Sam stopped her from reading further, so we don't have all the information - yet.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Gilly made no mention of Jon. She only read that Raeghar had received an annulment and was remarried. Sam stopped her from reading further, so we don't have all the information - yet.
Well, I can make inferences, and that said to me that Rhaegar got an annulment and married Lianna. Why else would it be significant?

And actually, we are making inferences that Lianna told Ned that Rhaegar was the father in the first place. We don't actually know what she said at this point, but I suspect it was that she married Rhaegar and her son was his too. That would make it even more imperative for Ned to hide it from Robert since Jon would have been a real threat to his reign.

Old 08-19-2017, 11:09 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,115,388 times
Quote:
Does it have to? .
Did you have to make this post? Couldn't you have just allowed the art of my post to have flowed over you?

Old 08-19-2017, 04:07 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
Quote:
Well, I can make inferences, and that said to me that Rhaegar got an annulment and married Lianna. Why else would it be significant?

And actually, we are making inferences that Lianna told Ned that Rhaegar was the father in the first place. We don't actually know what she said at this point, but I suspect it was that she married Rhaegar and her son was his too. That would make it even more imperative for Ned to hide it from Robert since Jon would have been a real threat to his reign.
You made an inference that Gilly read that. It may be true, but the maester that wrote it was probably not around long enough to know that a baby was even born, let alone that a boy named Jon was born. We know what probably transpired, but to know that it was written down as such may be a stretch. The characters may have to put two and two together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV