Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 08:51 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,523,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Great episode --so many things came together -- great twist at the end with Little Finger. Glad to see Jamie make that decision-- is that the ending of him and Cerci?

Is Jon Dany's cousin, half brother or what? I hope they aren't so closely related that they can't marry and rule the throne.
She is his aunt. Far enough away for me, don't know how Jon will take it. Judging by all the women who think they are barren, it's probably to late to go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 08:56 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
I whooped out loud about Petyr. So glad to see the smirk wiped off his face (although he did get a second "smile", lol.) What I'm wondering is, after Cersei gave her order to the Mountain, and then you see Jaime riding away, does that mean that he killed the Mountain? I thought the Mountain was actually already "sort of" dead though, not that dead is an absolute construct on GOT. And I have to admit, I was glad to see Jon and Dani finally get, um, closer together.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:58 PM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
The fact that they wrote Jon and Dany's conversation questioning that she might not be barren after all makes me think (foreshadowing) she will get pregnant.
Maybe when you come back from the dead you are hyper-potent.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
He will no longer be Jon Snow he is AEGON.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:02 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I didn't see the wall coming down the way it did. I am not sure if I liked that?
Well, it certainly sets the stage for an epic onslaught of the white walkers against pretty much everyone for the final season. Personally, since Cersei is being such a traitorous beyotch about going back on her word about fighting together with Jon and Dani, I hope they head straight for her kingdom first. However, that's geographically impossible, so her fate will probably have to wait until the series finale. Drat it!

Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
The best moment of the episode was seeing that little smirk wiped off Littlefinger's face when he thought Sansa was about to have Arya executed, only to have her turn to him instead. I enjoyed it so much I had to go back and rewatch it several times. Very satisfying!

Old 08-27-2017, 09:16 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
She is his aunt. Far enough away for me, don't know how Jon will take it. Judging by all the women who think they are barren, it's probably to late to go back.
On the bright side, there is less shared DNA than brother and sister. But more than first cousins.

But since most of their Targaryen ancestors WERE brother and sister couples, all bets are off. It's a very shallow gene pool any way you slice it.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:35 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The best moment of the episode was seeing that little smirk wiped off Littlefinger's face when he thought Sansa was about to have Arya executed, only to have her turn to him instead. I enjoyed it so much I had to go back and rewatch it several times. Very satisfying!
I laughed so hard during that scene. The look on his face when Sansa said his name was perfect!

I had actual said earlier in the episod, when Littlefinger and Sansa were talking, that Arya better kill him this episode. I figured nothing else would be resolved, so at least that happened this episode.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
We may finally get the Clegane Bowl.
How many white walkers would it take to defeat the mountain? Since he is sort of dead..could the Night King convert him? And did anyone see if Podrick ever came back from his beer run with Bronn?

On a lighter side my vote for best character from this episode goes to Brienne of Tarth! Loved the conversation with the Hound! And telling off Jaime!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:05 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,490,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I whooped out loud about Petyr. So glad to see the smirk wiped off his face (although he did get a second "smile", lol.) What I'm wondering is, after Cersei gave her order to the Mountain, and then you see Jaime riding away, does that mean that he killed the Mountain? I thought the Mountain was actually already "sort of" dead though, not that dead is an absolute construct on GOT. And I have to admit, I was glad to see Jon and Dani finally get, um, closer together.
The way I took that scene was that Cercei nodded for the mountain to be ready, and he--the mountain--drew his sword. Jaime waited, but she couldn't give the final order. So, Jaime said something, (can't remember what, ATM) walked off sort of impatiently around the mountain, and then we see him riding away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV