Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 07:25 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,520,800 times

Advertisements

I am wondering how Ayra is going to put to use Little Finger's face??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 07:31 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,520,800 times
A few of my unanswered questions:

What was it with Podrick and what-his-name leaving the dragon pit for a drink?

Cersei apparently nods giving the Mountain the go ahead to kill Jamie and follows him out. But then we see Jamie riding alone. Did she change her mind (off screen)?

The White Walkers don't swim. But with all the other **** they seem to be able to do, why wouldn't they build boats?

Old 08-28-2017, 07:40 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,028,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
A few of my unanswered questions:

What was it with Podrick and what-his-name leaving the dragon pit for a drink?

Cersei apparently nods giving the Mountain the go ahead to kill Jamie and follows him out. But then we see Jamie riding alone. Did she change her mind (off screen)?

The White Walkers don't swim. But with all the other **** they seem to be able to do, why wouldn't they build boats?
They probably went to the hewer house for some drinks..

Either the wights or the white walkers have to know how to swim otherwise how the hell did they pull the dragon??

Old 08-28-2017, 07:42 AM

22,865 posts, read 28,135,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
So...let me get this straight...

Jon Snow goes south to seek help fighting the Night King and the Army of the Dead, who are stuck north of the Wall. He returns to capture one of the undead to prove to everyone that the undead do exist, manages to get himself stuck on an island surrounded by the Army of the Undead, and sends for help, which shows up in the form of three dragons.

The Night King kills the dragon Viseryon with an ice javelin, then has his dead minions use immense chains that miraculously just happen to be on hand, and reanimates said dragon. The Night King then marches his army to the Wall and uses undead Viseryon the Ice Dragon and his blue flame of death to make a humongous hole in the previously unbreachable Wall.

If Jon doesn't start the chain of events, and instead stays in Winterfell as the King of the North and with Northerners and the Free Folk manning the Wall, the Night King and his army are stuck on the north side of the Wall and all of the living in Westeros are in no danger from the dead.
No.

You're forgetting the Night King's magic javelin.

In a previous season, the Night King was apparently unable to throw his javelin 40 feet to kill a boy who cannot walk, much less run. The Night King was also unable to throw his javelin 100 feet to kill Jon Snow who was floating safely and slowly away on a raft.

But when the script demanded it, the Night King was able to throw his javelin half a mile with deadly accuracy and speed and take out a nine-ton dragon in one shot.

So had the Night King not been able to "turn" the dragon, the script simply would have had him use his magic javelin to knock down the Wall in one shot. All in all, a blue zombie dragon makes for better spectacle than magic javelin.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:52 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,028,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

In a previous season, the Night King was apparently unable to throw his javelin 40 feet to kill a boy who cannot walk, much less run. The Night King was also unable to throw his javelin 100 feet to kill Jon Snow who was floating safely and slowly away on a raft.

But when the script demanded it, the Night King was able to throw his javelin half a mile with deadly accuracy and speed and take out a nine-ton dragon in one shot.

So had the Night King not been able to "turn" the dragon, the script simply would have had him use his magic javelin to knock down the Wall in one shot. All in all, a blue zombie dragon makes for better spectacle than magic javelin.
I don't recall the Night King having a javelin during his encounter with Bran and Jon Snow at Harrenhal. He had an ice sword in Hold the Door and empty handed when he met with Jon the 1st time.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:20 AM

8,377 posts, read 7,337,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No.

Unless...

The Night King let Brandon and Jon escape. NK needed Jon to come back to the north of the Wall, so that he could be bait, so that NK could then kill and reanimate a dragon. Maybe NK not only can see the past, like the Three Eyed Raven, but can also see the possible futures, like the Kwisatz Haderach...(yes, I'm spinning off into babbling....)

Or, like you said, maybe the bad writing this season called for a really cool CGI for the finale, and this is what the show runners decided to go with.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:24 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,016,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Nope, Dany's your Aunt!

GOT has gone straight up Arkansas!

I would think dragon glass would kill dragons, don't you all think?

I envision a scene next season in which Dany, riding Drogon, has an aerial fight with the Night King, who is riding zombie Visereon. She throws a dragon glass tipped spear at Visereon which hits just the right place, and Visereon shatters in the air. The White King then falls to earth, and Jon finishes him off in hand to hand combat with a dragon glass tipped Valerian steel sword. Then most of the remaining army of the dead shatters.
Yeah, some version of this is how I see it as well. And of course Dany is going to be pregnant. They have just about beaten us over the head with that, so the real surprise will be if she isn't.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:10 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,508,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yeah, some version of this is how I see it as well. And of course Dany is going to be pregnant. They have just about beaten us over the head with that, so the real surprise will be if she isn't.
Speaking of pregnant, I don't believe Cersei is pregnant because I believe Jamie will be the one to kill her and he'd struggle with doing so if she was carrying his child.

I think she's either lying or she'll find out she's not pregnant and want that fact kept from Jamie and he'll be crushed when he discovers it.

And I doubt she got together with Euron or anyone else.

Nobody else thinks Brienne will end up with Jamie?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:12 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I didn't see the wall coming down the way it did. I am not sure if I liked that?
I agree. Too easy. And you know- they had just seen a bear out there. And horses. The dragon should have been obvious to them.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:16 AM

8,168 posts, read 8,480,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Unless...
<>but can also see the possible futures, like the Kwisatz Haderach.
<>
Nice cross-thread there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV