Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 07:06 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Just tossing this out on the table...

Petyr Baelish was acting much like Richard III. Correct me if I'm wrong, but (at least in the Shakespearean plays) Richard became king by slowly eliminating all other competitors for the crown. Littlefinger seemed to be at the root of many major conflicts, some of which resulted in the extinction of some of the Great Houses. Littlefinger was the ultimate schemer, sowing chaos where ever he could and positioning himself to reap whatever rewards he could gain.
yes, I was glad to see him go....and so happy when the sisters teamed up against him, they were the straw that broke the camel's back....finally.

What a **** he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 07:07 AM

8,409 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
I want Arya to take LittleFinger's face. Maybe she can use it to put the knife to Cercei.

If the Night King can ride the dragon, does that mean he is/was a Targaryen?
I'm guessing not.

The Children of the Forest created the Night King from one of the First Men, in order to use him and his White Walkers as a weapon in their war against the First Men. That was over 8,000 years ago. The Targaryens came to Westeros from Valyria roughly 500 years ago.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:18 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I'm guessing not.

The Children of the Forest created the Night King from one of the First Men, in order to use him and his White Walkers as a weapon in their war against the First Men. That was over 8,000 years ago. The Targaryens came to Westeros from Valyria roughly 500 years ago.
Oh, right! I seem to remember having read that before. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:37 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Will the night king ride the white dragon and fire off those ice bolts like thor?
Nailed it.. we'll sort of.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
I want Arya to take LittleFinger's face. Maybe she can use it to put the knife to Cercei.

Don't you think they've already shot that bolt?

She's already used the face of a dead guy once, at the beginning of this season. By the time she gets anywhere near Cersei it will be well known that Baelish is dead, so she won't gain any advantage by walking around looking like him.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
I wonder if Cercei had a fling with Euron and then purposely ran Jamie off so she could claim the baby belongs to Euron Greyjoy.

I really don't think people will accept an heir that is openly a product of incest. It was one thing when it was a rumor, but to openly proclaim it? I don't think that will fly.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
No, it won't be that easy or simple. The only person that can get close to Cersei without her bodyguard present is Jamie, the Mountain is always with her.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:36 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Don't you think they've already shot that bolt?

She's already used the face of a dead guy once, at the beginning of this season. By the time she gets anywhere near Cersei it will be well known that Baelish is dead, so she won't gain any advantage by walking around looking like him.
It's just wishful thinking on my part. It's probably more likely she will die at the hand of one of her brothers, as per the prophecy. Although, no one outside Winterfell needs to know about Baelish's demise so it probably could be kept secret for at least a little while. With his face Arya could really throw a few wrenches into the works, but I doubt the writers will go there with so few episodes left to wrap up the story.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:31 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Could anyone answer why Cercei referred to the money for the "Iron Bank" that she could use to bankroll more troops when the convoy that Jamie was leading to bring her the High Garden Gold was wiped out. The Episode was called "TheSpoils of War. I don't believe that Danery's would have left that laying on the ground after she destroyed Jamie's Army.

Yet when Cercei mentioned it to Jamie he did not tell her that the gold was lost in the ambush, which I surely assume happened.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Yes, we all thank you for explaining how water freezes, we had no idea.

And of course my use of "convenient" was referencing the timing of the freezing, responding to a poster who was offering the hypothesis of that being the Night King's plan before he got hold of a dragon. And, if that hypothesis was valid, then the wall was never any use against the Dead Army because they were not going to be coming when it wasn't frozen.
The wall made it so they had to wait until it was frozen.

So it was hardly useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV