U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:32 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,428,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
And since it has creatures and monsters, it IS a sure sign I WILL be watching the show. I like monsters. I also like books dealing with paranormal things. From romances with vampires and werewolves and other weird things, to ghosts and beyond. And the funny side of paranormal with Charlaine Harris true blood novels and Mary Janice Davidson's books and others of that type. I am just starting "Don of the dead" by Casey Daniels. A funny one.
Plus if it wasn't for Charlaine Harris, I would never had so much fun reading all these books. She started me on that road.
Can't wait for this show to start.
Did you read the Sookie Stackhouse? If so, I would like for the character that I think was left out in, True Blood, to make his appearance in this TV series, like he does in this book series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM

4,039 posts, read 4,951,819 times
Look great, I will set my dvr, thanks for mentioning!

Old 07-19-2017, 01:08 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,193,367 times
It's funny, I typically don't like the horror genre, and am not a big fan of monsters and creatures, but True Blood was so well done, I watched it from S1E1 to the end. A great story, well-written, good actors, etc, can make almost anything fun to watch.

Looking forward to trying M,T.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:23 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,787,649 times
I'll check out the show since it's set in the same universe as the Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries (True Blood). But I also share a previous poster's concern about the show appearing on NBC, which will likely water-down the content. I would have preferred one of the cable networks like AMC or FX to show it.

Maybe NBC is showing it because it doesn't want to make a mistake by passing on a possible hit show like they did with The Walking Dead.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:09 AM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times
Could you or would you describe this as a ghost whisperer type tv show ? just wondering because I overheard someone describing it as that ? I'm just wondering if it is worth my time watching it ?

Old 07-20-2017, 03:27 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,193,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Could you or would you describe this as a ghost whisperer type tv show ? just wondering because I overheard someone describing it as that ? I'm just wondering if it is worth my time watching it ?
It premieres Monday night, so we'll find out!

Old 07-20-2017, 11:22 PM

9,750 posts, read 21,599,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
Did you read the Sookie Stackhouse? If so, I would like for the character that I think was left out in, True Blood, to make his appearance in this TV series, like he does in this book series.
Yes, I liked the Sookie Stackhouse series of books. Also enjoyed True Blood, but missed the last two or three seasons since we gave up Netflix a couple of years ago due to bad pricing for what we got.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:17 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,787,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Yes, I liked the Sookie Stackhouse series of books. Also enjoyed True Blood, but missed the last two or three seasons since we gave up Netflix a couple of years ago due to bad pricing for what we got.
I bet your local library has the whole True Blood series on DVD, and if they don't, you can ask them to order it.

Old 07-24-2017, 04:53 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,641,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Well, the "Midnight, Texas" series of books (three of them so far) is really pretty far out and not even close to "the ghost whisperer", so if the show sticks anywhere close to the books there will be a fair amount of violence, gore, fantasy, and sex - at least as much as can be shown on network television. I sure wish the show had been done on HBO instead; they could have really done the books real justice!

Old 07-25-2017, 08:17 AM

253 posts, read 127,242 times
I caught the first episode last night. Not bad. I'll continue watching for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV