U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:15 PM

3,462 posts, read 1,641,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The talking cat. Now that surprised me. I told my husband, "Look at the cat!" because he "watches" TV with his ears, since he does not face the TV! He faces the computer. By the time he looks in his slow motion way, the cat part was over. I will never understand men.
I swear he is like a possessed doll head in a horror movie. The head slowly turns, but without the scary evil face.
It's a real cat with a CGI'd cat head superimposed on it so that the Mr. Snuggly can "talk". Personally I think his deadpan accent and tone are hilarious. If my cats could talk, I'm sure they'd sound just as sarcastic, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 PM

11,605 posts, read 5,449,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Watch JUSTIFIED. The accents aren't flawless, but they're good.

In fact, that's good advice for just about any occasion: Watch JUSTIFIED instead.
LOL! Love that show. Of course accents vary. They are not all the same from all portions of the South, but yes some are terrible. I found no fault with the ones in my beloved JUSTIFIED!

Old 07-27-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The talking cat. Now that surprised me. I told my husband, "Look at the cat!" because he "watches" TV with his ears, since he does not face the TV! He faces the computer. By the time he looks in his slow motion way, the cat part was over. I will never understand men.
I swear he is like a possessed doll head in a horror movie. The head slowly turns, but without the scary evil face.
LOL about your husband but is it really a talking cat? Or a regular cat that someone can telepathically hear? Or a shape shifter, or ???????

I think it's the 'person' that can hear cats (and who knows what else) but I am not sure.

It's no True Blood, but it will have to do. I hope it gets better. Heavy on the cheese in the Pilot.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,446,707 times
Well at least they cleared up one mystery for me. In the first book, it's never clear why the phone psychic came to Midnight in the first place; whereas in the TV series, it's clear that he's fleeing from someone who is chasing him.

I'll be watching the entire series, too. I thought the first episode was great!

Old 07-28-2017, 12:09 AM

9,750 posts, read 21,599,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
LOL about your husband but is it really a talking cat? Or a regular cat that someone can telepathically hear? Or a shape shifter, or ???????

I think it's the 'person' that can hear cats (and who knows what else) but I am not sure.

It's no True Blood, but it will have to do. I hope it gets better. Heavy on the cheese in the Pilot.
Well, first it is a cat. Then it's like an animatronic cat or just special effects to talk. Then it turns back into a real cat again. I like it though.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:20 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,446,707 times
I like it that the cat is sarcastic. If it were helpful, more of a Disney-type animal, that would lose the humor.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:22 AM

1,434 posts, read 818,160 times
Just can't get into ABC NBC CBS type dramas anymore. FX, AMC, A and E channels do it better. There is something " twlight" feelings about Midnight for me. I gave it a try and pulled the plug when the cat appeared.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

772 posts, read 1,013,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
It's a real cat with a CGI'd cat head superimposed on it so that the Mr. Snuggly can "talk". Personally I think his deadpan accent and tone are hilarious. If my cats could talk, I'm sure they'd sound just as sarcastic, lol.
I'm assuming the person asking meant if the "cat" character was a real cat or if it was a human who could shift into a cat, or something like it.

If that is the question - we don't know yet.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:15 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
LOL! Love that show. Of course accents vary. They are not all the same from all portions of the South, but yes some are terrible. I found no fault with the ones in my beloved JUSTIFIED!
It helped that several of JUSTIFIED's actors were actually from the South.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
I'm assuming the person asking meant if the "cat" character was a real cat or if it was a human who could shift into a cat, or something like it.

If that is the question - we don't know yet.
Right. Obviously I am not wondering if in real life, the cat can talk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV