U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:54 AM

3,836 posts, read 3,786,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Well, in the case of Grimm, only certain people could see the creatures as they morphed back and forth.
Sort of, but all the victims could see them after they morphed, just like the succubus on this show. I more meant that 'special' humans (the main guy) interfaces with witches and vampires and what would typically be considered 'villains' to form a super team to protect the city. I never watched True Blood (was more about vampires than anything else right? - this show's not really just about vampires) but rather more about the monster of the week. Only one hero is a vampire. And they have even have a chick who makes ancient potions to fight the villains and drew pictures of the succubus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:34 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,157,183 times
Okay so I'm growing to like the show. But it's so rushed and fast paced which I don't like. Still not crazy about manfred.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 AM

9,783 posts, read 21,753,617 times
I'm almost afraid to post in here. But I will anyway. And, I was not too impressed with Monday nights episode. It feels almost like they are running out of idea's already. I just hope next week it is better. I had higher hopes for this show. I think it would have been much better if USA network would have had the show or FX network. That would have been better.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:30 AM

4,125 posts, read 5,034,482 times
Sat down to watch and my DVR recorded America Ninja Warriers. WTF?

Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 AM

1,908 posts, read 1,226,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Sat down to watch and my DVR recorded America Ninja Warriers. WTF?
Pres. Trump took up 1/2 hour for a speech, so the Ninja Warriors thing ran after until 10:30pm. Then Midnight show came on, and played in full. I knew Trump would be on, so checked the recording, say Ninja show, and extended the recording to 2 hours to catch it all.

We all need to pay attention when they are going to preempt programming for political stuff.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 PM

Last nights episode was pretty good. It was interesting to find out who was really killing the girls. And now he is gone. I am reading the book at the same time, and it really helps with the series so I can figure out who's who. Although there are a few characters in the book that are not in the series, like the dog. I love the talking cat and the last time the cat talked, notice it looked like a regular cat, not the animatronic cat they showed the first time in an earlier episode.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:20 AM

3,837 posts, read 3,480,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Last nights episode was pretty good. It was interesting to find out who was really killing the girls. And now he is gone. I am reading the book at the same time, and it really helps with the series so I can figure out who's who. Although there are a few characters in the book that are not in the series, like the dog. I love the talking cat and the last time the cat talked, notice it looked like a regular cat, not the animatronic cat they showed the first time in an earlier episode.
One character is not even the same on the show as in the book.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:09 AM

4,125 posts, read 5,034,482 times
I am enjoying this series as well. It's a little edgy but ok.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:21 AM

Tonight's episode was exciting. I never knew angels were so evil. Learn something new every day.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:46 AM

21,282 posts, read 26,441,821 times
It's a remake of Buffy the vampire slayer with the veil between the worlds thinning at Sunnydale High school, attracting evil creatures that have to be physically fought and defeated by a small group of warriors, which included, incidentily, a vampire

However, I really liked Buffy, so Midnight is OK, although seems to be more about the punch-ups and special effects make-up than an actual story or character development. Still, amongst the other offerings on TV, it is better than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV