Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,974,922 times

Advertisements

No thread for this show, apparently. Got a 92% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a positive review from the New York Times, just not marketed much (?)

Just binge watched the 1st season, ten 30-minute episodes. The second season starts tomorrow Monday July 24th.
It's an quirky ensemble comedy about a support group for alien abductees and a journalist who sets out to investigate them, and a group of aliens who are monitoring them from a spaceship. Ana Gasteyer from Saturday Night Live is in the cast, and one of the producers is Conan O'Brien. Pretty funny writing, and the characters are all distinctive and interesting. The bizarre jokes remind me a bit of 'The Good Place.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 PM

6,293 posts, read 10,549,503 times
It looks funny in the commercials. I may check it out.

Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,189,951 times
Funny show. I watched it when it premiered, and have watched every episode since. It manages to stay fresh and keep moving the plot along. Dry humor at times (which I appreciate).

Old 07-24-2017, 06:24 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,683,732 times
I've tried to watch it twice and struggled with it each time. I cant put my finger on what it is but it just isnt for me.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 AM

3,278 posts, read 2,989,655 times
I've been totally hooked on this show ever since the pilot when Kelly is in the support group describing her intimate encounter with an alien White. She says something like "...and then just before morning, he disappeared," and Yvonne, totally serious, says, "He was probably married." And then the aliens themselves and their co-worker style bickering just crack me up. (And the casting is pretty good, and I love the small town setting.)

I usually will watch the pilot of any new comedy, because good TV sitcoms are so few and far between that I am always seeking a new one, but if I don't laugh out loud at least once, it goes on my "probably not" list. The pilot made me laugh at least two or three times, and it held up well throughout the first season. I ended up eagerly watching each one as soon as it appeared on my DVR, and now I'm re-watching all of Season 1, along with my DH, just because I enjoyed it so much.

I will say that it helps to have read some allegedly true "experiencer" reports before watching this show, because it adds to the enjoyment.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,189,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I usually will watch the pilot of any new comedy, because good TV sitcoms are so few and far between that I am always seeking a new one, but if I don't laugh out loud at least once, it goes on my "probably not" list. The pilot made me laugh at least two or three times, and it held up well throughout the first season. I ended up eagerly watching each one as soon as it appeared on my DVR
Matches my experience. Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV