U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 03:15 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,019,807 times

Advertisements

In this day-and-age, I would not bet on that. But I will be the first to agree it is not enough for me to find someone guilty. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 04:26 PM

7,158 posts, read 7,594,161 times
I can say though that the ratings for the show are atrocious. Wouldnt be a shock if it gets pulled as an easy way out rather than letting it finish out its initial pickup

Too bad too I like the show.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:10 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,203,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I can say though that the ratings for the show are atrocious. Wouldnt be a shock if it gets pulled as an easy way out rather than letting it finish out its initial pickup

Too bad too I like the show.
Ratings aren't bad. It's often #1 in its time period, excluding sports. This past Sunday was nutso, both FB and the WS.

We'll see how it does with no WS up against it.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:22 PM

Canceled..

The ratings were bad (it was fractional almost every week) but even if they were borderline the Jeremy Piven sex assault scandal put an end to any hope of the show continuing.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Canceled..

The ratings were bad (it was fractional almost every week) but even if they were borderline the Jeremy Piven sex assault scandal put an end to any hope of the show continuing.
There's a strange twist to this. CBS didn't actually cancel it. They decided not to order the back episodes (probably would have been 9 more). They'll air the 13 ordered & made. And then the show will go off the air "for this season". They actually retain the right to renew it up until May.

But based on ratings, plus the Piven controversy, I would imagine they will cancel it at that point.

But it is odd, as usually a network just says "goodbye", like CBS did for Me, Myself & I. In this case, they retained the rights to renew.

I actually enjoyed the show, it wasn't bad. Not great, but enjoyable to watch.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
There's a strange twist to this. CBS didn't actually cancel it. They decided not to order the back episodes (probably would have been 9 more). They'll air the 13 ordered & made. And then the show will go off the air "for this season". They actually retain the right to renew it up until May.

But based on ratings, plus the Piven controversy, I would imagine they will cancel it at that point.

But it is odd, as usually a network just says "goodbye", like CBS did for Me, Myself & I. In this case, they retained the rights to renew.

I actually enjoyed the show, it wasn't bad. Not great, but enjoyable to watch.
There really isnt a twist at all in this. Networks never come right out and say "we have canceled xxxx show". They just choose not to renew them. Some are glaringly obvious where they pull it from the schedule only to burn off the episodes later. Others they simply dont pick up past its initial 13 episode order. That is the case with "Wisdom...". CBS has an option to renew later solely because they have an ownership stake in the show. (they dont with "Me Myself, and I")

Old 11-29-2017, 03:26 AM

951 posts, read 874,426 times
I'm sorry this show has been "cancelled". I've been enjoying it---interesting concept.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 PM

8,544 posts, read 6,673,823 times
Well, they're continuing to show new episodes, last night's episode was new, so I guess it's not cancelled due to allegations against Piven.

I was enjoying the show and hope it could continue.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Well, they're continuing to show new episodes, last night's episode was new, so I guess it's not cancelled due to allegations against Piven.

I was enjoying the show and hope it could continue.
CBS is continuing to air the already produced episodes. I think this Sunday is the last one.

I agree with the general sentiment here, I like the show, and will miss it. I'd love to see where they take both the overall story (Sophe), and the Mia murder mystery. Especially now that we know Tanner (the dad) knows the murderer.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:10 PM

28,410 posts, read 2,213,490 times
If the next show is to be the last one, I hope we find out the true culprit. I kinda like the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or