U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:15 PM

1,131 posts, read 399,372 times

Advertisements

Most recently, Pretty Little Liars. They kept us in suspense for 7 long seasons only to have it end the way it did. I was more mad than disappointed. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 03:42 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,750,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Most recently, Pretty Little Liars. They kept us in suspense for 7 long seasons only to have it end the way it did. I was more mad than disappointed. LOL
We gave up on it after about 5 years.

Who was the "badguy" in the end?

Old 08-02-2017, 08:56 PM

941 posts, read 462,570 times
House M.D. - Didn't see it first run, only on the season's repeat. Maybe I waited too long and expected too much.

The King Of Queens
- Nice that they brought back lots of the supporting cast, but for one negative, they were cruel to the Holly character.
Doug offers to help her out by offering her a room in his now empty house, then tells her he's taking Spence in instead so she can't stay...what about the office or the room downstairs, one of them will still be empty!? I know, it's only a TV show...

Seinfeld
- never watched/a fan of the show until syndication/DVD release.

The last season seemed to be grasping.

I too am guessing they were trying to right all the wrong things they did to innocent people throughout the series, via the ending.

If that was the exit they chose to take, it could have been a little funnier.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show - Loved the ending (and still love the show) for decades, though it now makes absolutely no sense regarding who got fired and who didn't, other then the shock/wow "let's do something different/I didn't expect that" factor.

The huddling together "walk to the Kleenex box" scene was touted as being a spontaneous improv-bit, but was actually lifted from the "Dick Van Dyke Show's" Ghost Of A. Chantz episode...spontaneously, I'm guessing.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,680,406 times
Prison Break. The way the series ended during its original run saw its main character Michael Scofield die in the process of breaking his love interest Sara out of prison. I can't think of too many shows where the main character dies. It also was not a fitting ending for Michael considering all that he gave up and all that he did on the show.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:13 PM

1,131 posts, read 399,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
We gave up on it after about 5 years.

Who was the "badguy" in the end?
Spoiler
Spencer had a twin with an australian accent. LOL Mary Drake and the twin were working together the entire time.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:57 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,750,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Spoiler
Spencer had a twin with an australian accent. LOL Mary Drake and the twin were working together the entire time.
Thanks Pretty in Black

Old 08-03-2017, 05:14 PM

42,311 posts, read 49,920,131 times
The Office.
Once they sold to Sabre, the whole thing was garbage.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:47 PM

8,235 posts, read 6,058,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Quantum leap gave it a run for the money.
Oh, good one.. Yeah.. that was horribly disappointing. That wasn't intended to be the final episode, but when they were cancelled, they smooshed it to be the finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I hated all of the time travel/parallel universes episodes. They just made up whatever rules they needed to fit with the plot and it was always confusing to follow. The final episode was the most confusing of all.
I won't go that far. There were some good ones.. Parallels, the one where Worf kept 'sliding' between universes was one of my favorites. Probably doesn't count, but "First Contact" (the movie, not the episode.. Doesn't count likely because it was a movie) was really done well.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:59 AM

8,919 posts, read 4,864,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Oh, good one.. Yeah.. that was horribly disappointing. That wasn't intended to be the final episode, but when they were cancelled, they smooshed it to be the finale..........
Even worse on Quantum Leap, as I recall. They were normally showing it on Tuesday night but changed to Wednesday night for that finale. So if you weren't in any "circuit" that followed the network closely, you missed it!......and I did.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:34 AM

1,572 posts, read 602,184 times
The Original Star Trek series just ended. No mention of "this is the end" or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or