U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 09:02 PM

2,756 posts, read 1,742,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I thought Kingdom was a horrible ending. Even though we have known for at least a year that the show would end with season 4, it seemed to end like they learned yesterday and scrambled to create a finale.
I agree it was a lot less complete than the rest of the series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 09:27 PM

5,361 posts, read 7,058,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
The worst thing about the Lost ending is that from the first season people were speculating "they're all dead" (in 2004 spoilers werent really a thing yet) and for years the reply would be "they're not all dead they are on this journey blah blah blah" only to find out they are all dead.
Well, if people were speculating during the first season that the characters were dead, then they were wrong. The majority of characters weren't technically dead until the final season. I'm surprised some people still do not understand that.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:36 AM

1,986 posts, read 716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
How I Met Your Mother.
This. I just recently finished watching the show and the way the final season was handled really pissed me off. Not so much the actual ending itself, but the whole build up to it.

Spoiler
The mom has barely any presence in the final season. Instead of wasting it on filler, it should have focused on Ted and Tracy's relationship by having them meet at an earlier point in the season.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:43 AM

3,572 posts, read 1,826,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Yeah I hated MASH when they killed off the Dr in he helicopter. Wasn't fair.
Having Col. Henry Blake die in a plane crash after discharge was one of the greatest television moments. It was designed to show that war is totally indiscriminate - that someone who was a carefree as Blake and was given the great opportunity to return home wasn't immune to the wrath of war.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:29 PM

3,674 posts, read 1,202,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I don't remember the name, but it was a regular network series. It sort of ran out of steam the final season and got pretty draggie. But they knew.... The final episode was one of the main characters waking up from a nap. We see the other characters as they had been before it fell off the tracks, and she says ...I don't know what I took but I had this wierd dream. You were .... And you were, and so on. And it just seemed so real.

So she took a nap and slipped off into an alternate universe, then went back to her regular one when she woke up?
Wasn't Felicity by chance??

She did fall asleep (because she got sick right before Noel's wedding) and dreamed that she had chosen Noel at the beginning of college senior year rather than Ben, and the whole dream sequence was What Would Have Been. Of course, she messes with the space-time continuum, because Noel ends up dying in the fire in one of the college buildings he had saved her from, etc. etc...... but then she wakes up.

Sigh.... I really wish she had ended up with Noel. They were so cute together. Ben was so wishy-washy, like not deciding until senior year that he wanted to be pre-med???

I loved that show because I was spending a lot of time in NYC doing stuff for school, so I could relate to being from out of the area and winding up there. When WE started running the reruns several years ago I stocked up on tapes and recorded the whole show because I couldn't afford to buy the DVD sets.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I remember being disappointed as a kid when Dark Shadows ended, because it just ... ended. Nothing was wrapped up, it just went out like there would be another episode the next day.
I got into Boston Public and that ended up the same way. No series finale, no explanation.... just a string of episodes halfway through what became the last season, and it was gone.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post
House M.D. - Didn't see it first run, only on the season's repeat. Maybe I waited too long and expected too much.
Are you kidding???? I watched that show from the middle of the 2nd season, and the finale was very satisfying. House and Wilson on bikes heading out for the unknown. The ending was very much in fitting with House's character.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 8 days ago)

14,423 posts, read 16,699,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Yeah I hated MASH when they killed off the Dr in he helicopter. Wasn't fair. Also didn't like Seinfeld, thought that was rather stupid.

I thought they wrapped up Downton Abbey nicely, though. Almost too nicely, everything tied up with a perty bow.
I though the way Hawkeye finally lost it, that all his jokes had finally stopped masking the pain inside, and he himself is a patient. This is the last scene of the road he was on. Honestly, I do remember someone died, but who I don't remember.

I was okay with the way Downton ended. It brought them to the next door, into the new world the war created and the new changes in society. If you use the real 'Downton' it still had a lot of history to go. It works too, as the family had already taken the first steps into embrasing the new age and surviving. The house is owned by a family now who have taken care to restore the house back to its glory, but lived in the current age, running a collection of business including renting a room for the night in the house and even selling their fruit preserves made from trees on the estate.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 8 days ago)

14,423 posts, read 16,699,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
A lot of people say LOST. I thought it was a beautiful end.
I did too. You could ask why, with the island big enough to see, that the search had never found the plane. Or why nobody at all had found them. I wonder if the ones who died in the crash were those who had already made peace with life and could accept death. In the end, the 'survivors' find it for themselves and can leave. Even the dog.

It turns out its really about the transition of the soul from life to death. Big stuff there.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:12 PM

5,819 posts, read 3,099,417 times
Third Watch, for the show being about first responders in New York and having 9/11 happen during this run and having story lines dealing with that day and the clean up. To the finale along with the where all the characters were heading in the future they had Sergeant Cruz go out as a suicide bomber to kill some random drug lord
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or