Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:53 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times

Advertisements

My favorite is Bosch. The storyline is fantastic and the acting is great

2nd is Man in the High Castle. It is just so damn intriguing! I usually avoid watching anything Nazi related because just the thought makes me ill.

But, I got hooked on this show due to the juxtaposition of time and place and I am hoping that the American will to overcome despots will prevail when they beat the crap out of the Nazi's and Japanese.

Mozart of the Jungle is light and fun mind candy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 04:07 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Bosch because I've always liked Michael Connelly's series of novels. I love anything with a Los Angeles setting, and I always found Harry Bosch a sympathetic character, if not necessarily someone I'd get along with all the time. In any case, Bosch is the only reason I subscribe to Prime.

I've also enjoyed Goliath, though. Not only does it take place in Los Angeles, it's set in Santa Monica, my favorite place I've ever lived. I generally like David E. Kelley's storytelling, and Goliath does not disappoint from that perspective. But mainly, it's Santa Monica/Ocean Park that draws me in.

I can't sit still through an episode of Man in the High Country. Though I've liked many Holocaust stories, this one just doesn't keep me from going online, texting, balancing my checkbook, cooking, doing stuff around the house. I'd rather wash dishes and clean sometimes when I'm trying to watch it.

Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Catastrophe.
Easy pick, even tho season 3 went a little dark.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:27 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,889,706 times
Oh, and I also like Transparent, but more because of its Jewishness than its transness. (And its Los Angeles setting, of course.)

Old 07-24-2017, 01:43 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Catastrophe.
Easy pick, even tho season 3 went a little dark.
I do love the British shows. Less episodes, easier to binge.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
My favorite is Bosch. The storyline is fantastic and the acting is great

2nd is Man in the High Castle. It is just so damn intriguing! I usually avoid watching anything Nazi related because just the thought makes me ill.

But, I got hooked on this show due to the juxtaposition of time and place and I am hoping that the American will to overcome despots will prevail when they beat the crap out of the Nazi's and Japanese.

Mozart of the Jungle is light and fun mind candy
Agree--I love Bosch.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Watched Blood and Water cop series from Canada but not that impressed
Acting varies in quality and the "hook" is that a Chinese orphan adopted by Canadian professor is detective investigating murder/suicide?? Of the son of wealthy Chinese Canadian family...
Implications from show designer is that family's lack of compassion and upholding traditional values were ultimately responsible for son's death...which seems to damn pretty much all CC as myopic.
Also another factor in death seems to me to be incorrectly assessed

Did watch Oasis though--the SciFi original series Amazon put up for one episode
I liked it more than anticipated...waited long time to watch...didn't care for the lead who played Rob Stark in GoT...but liked him more in this role...more humble certainly...
Good special effects (but so many dark rooms!) and location shooting
I am suspicion for why people are seeing their visions...
Hope this is picked up for full series...

Old 09-02-2017, 09:42 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
I really like Catastrophe, Fortitude, Man in the High Castle. I think I appreciate shows like Transparent and Fleabag more than I enjoy them.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:32 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,687,874 times
Transparent. This show is a game-changer.

I also like The Last Tycoon, Z:The Beginning of Everything and am looking forward to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:27 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
I'm happy that I can watch the original Twin Peaks series on Amazon now. I missed it when it originally aired, and for some reason my library doesn't have the DVDs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV