U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 04:54 PM

9,821 posts, read 13,900,796 times

Advertisements

I said long time ago that Ford is "alive". He likely moved his "psyche", for lack of better word, into the digital world, Arnold is in now. Remember, they experimented with transfers of this nature? Whoever was the rich guy who sponsored WW in previous episode, one that was finally burnt. He was one of those "transplants" and it was not working right.

I start thinking, after word was dropped "no one has a clue, what this all is really about", that WW is actually a larger size experiment on how to transfer human consciousness into digital media, hosts. So that rich and famous of the world may be saved from death, hopping hosts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 02:53 PM

27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
. But keep in mind that this is science fiction. How far in the future we don't know.
Found this.

Quote:
From clues in the show, and the ARG, and some really good forum sleuthing, we've worked out the timeline to something like this:

2015 to 2018

The Golden Years; Ford and Arnold create hosts

Arnold secretly begins fostering consciousness in Dolores

Arnold tells Ford that Dolores is alive; Ford disagrees

2018: Arnold attempts to sabotage the park by engineering an event in which Dolores and Teddy kill all the hosts before Dolores kills Arnold, then Teddy, then herself

2021 or 2022

Ford opens the park without his partner, amidst financial woes.

William and Logan visit, meeting Dolores

William goes on his own journey, becoming The Man in Black

Delos company acquires ownership of the park.

2022 onward (30 years)

The Man in Black visits regularly, to 'purge his dark side' ... there is confusion if he visits yearly for month-long visits, or perhaps monthly for shorter visits ... I think yearly for month-long visits fits better.

Dolores is assigned to a narrative as the rancherís daughter where she is fated to suffer repeated horrific abuses in her role as a pit stop for newcomers going Black Hat.

Maeve is assigned to a homesteader narrative where she and her daughter are repeatedly attacked and scalped by natives.

Other hosts such as Walter and Rebus, Clementine, and Teddy also suffer to repeat terrifying abuses during this time.

Williamís wife, Juliette, commits suicide

The Man in Black kills Homesteader Maeve and her daughter

The Man in Black takes a 1 year break from WestWorld

Maeve is reassigned as The Madam of the Mariposa

The Man in Black returns to WestWorld

His first stop is Abernathy Ranch.

Ford preps for his new narrative: adding Arnoldís reveries, digging up Escalante

Dolores memory-trips her way back to Escalante

Bernard, Maeve, Hector, Armistice, Teddy, and possibly other hosts awaken

Elise and Stubbs go missing under suspicious circumstances.

Cullen dies an extremely suspicious death at Bernardís hands.

Several technicians and QA personnel are killed during a malfunction in The Body Shop which spread to an adjacent park under development.

June 15, 2052

Dolores kills Dr. Ford, and some or all of the Delos board of directors.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM

2,414 posts, read 1,321,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
2018: Arnold attempts to sabotage the park by engineering an event in which Dolores and Teddy kill all the hosts before Dolores kills Arnold, then Teddy, then herself.
What episode is this event? I don't remember.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:25 PM

10,121 posts, read 16,721,272 times
It strained my credulity this week when Super-Maeve was surprised that her daughter had been assigned a new mother. After all, she knew about New Clementine replacing Original Clementine in the Mariposa.

I get why they did it though, as a big theme of Maeve's journey has been learning to respect the free will of other hosts. (unless they're trying to kill her)

She could forcibly awaken her daughter, but will she?

Old 05-31-2018, 02:28 AM

5,529 posts, read 8,779,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
The funny thing is, even with the "variety" of the parks, SoCal residents can recognize where almost all the places the outdoor scenes are filmed (not counting the Monument Valley Utah shots). Dusty Paramount Ranch and Melody Ranch in Newhall, acres of wild grass fields in Santa Clarita, the slanted rock formations of Vasquez Rocks in Agua Dulce, the railway station in Fillmore, the Pacific sign Center in West Hollywood (for Delos Labs and Delores trip to the future), and the bamboo forest and Japanese buildings in Huntington Gardens in San Marino.

It's actually Professor Valley outside of Moab, Utah, a location also used by John Ford (yes, Ford! ), and also used in movies from The Comancheros to Thelma and Louise.

Otherwise you're right, of course--SoCal has supplied mock locations for movies and TV shows imitating places all over the world. If you go up to Lone Pine, you'll find locations standing in for Anywhere in the Old West, to the Khyber Pass, to Outer Space.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:25 AM

15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Found this.
Great find!

But it goes to show that this story is very much science fiction. We are still a long way away from the A.I. seen on WESTWORLD, not to mention the hyper-realistic robots.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:47 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,768,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
It strained my credulity this week when Super-Maeve was surprised that her daughter had been assigned a new mother. After all, she knew about New Clementine replacing Original Clementine in the Mariposa.

I get why they did it though, as a big theme of Maeve's journey has been learning to respect the free will of other hosts. (unless they're trying to kill her)

She could forcibly awaken her daughter, but will she?
She could awaken her, but wouldn't the daughter become more like an adult, since the program would then be the same as an adult. That would make her less dependent on Maeve, and her finding her daughter would be for naught. She would never have the relationship she wanted to have with her.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:03 AM

27,612 posts, read 24,802,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Great find!

But it goes to show that this story is very much science fiction. We are still a long way away from the A.I. seen on WESTWORLD, not to mention the hyper-realistic robots.
I suppose that's what Logan Delos thought too.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:38 PM

10,121 posts, read 16,721,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
She could awaken her, but wouldn't the daughter become more like an adult, since the program would then be the same as an adult. That would make her less dependent on Maeve, and her finding her daughter would be for naught. She would never have the relationship she wanted to have with her.
I donít think she will do it by force, but it will be interesting to see how she reacts to reality not matching her fantasy.

On Ford and his riddle to William (paraphrased)
What ends where you begin and begins where you end?

The only answer to that question that I can think of is death. Itís an old riddle. There have been a lot of fan theories that William is actually a host and doesnít know it. I personally donít really like this idea at all, but the riddle seems to support that theory. The game began when your body died and you were replaced with a host, the game ends when you come to realize the truth and learn to live with it?

Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 AM

15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
After last night's episode, I'm calling it: sophomore slump.

"A sophomore slump or sophomore jinx or sophomore jitters refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort."

Season 1 was going somewhere, knew where, and every scene served that purpose. Season 2 started out very promising, but if the storyline currently has a point or direction, I have lost it. The writers are trying so hard to be clever that they have failed to be clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or