U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 02:05 PM

9,865 posts, read 11,370,122 times

Advertisements

Just watched Episode 7 and it *might* be making some sense now but the time jumps are killing me. Just like another poster, I'm trying to just relax and ride it out.

I have to say, though, man...Teddy...poor Teddy. Is he like The Terminator or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,037 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Just watched S2E8. The best episode of S2 IMHO. Especially the cinematography.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:25 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Just watched S2E8. The best episode of S2 IMHO. Especially the cinematography.
Yup. I'm still rather confused as to the overall plot, but man last night's episode was gorgeous. And I admit an entire episode where nearly all the dialogue was in Lakota was pretty cool.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,193,367 times
Agree. Amazing episode, beautiful story. The actor playing Akecheta... wow, what can I say. Guest star Emmy.

I think we're down to two timelines?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Agree. Amazing episode, beautiful story. The actor playing Akecheta... wow, what can I say. Guest star Emmy.
Zahn McClarnon. He was also great in Season 2 of FARGO.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:38 PM

27,237 posts, read 15,024,326 times
I hope to catch up tonight on the last two episodes

Old 06-12-2018, 04:00 AM

1,639 posts, read 1,290,879 times
I watched it last night. Sure it didn't push the main story forward, but it was a nice side road journey. Interesting to see that Delores wasn't the only host to wake up. I smiled when he was reunited with the woman he loved, and my heart broke when he found her again and he couldn't bring her back. I'm curious to see what the "door" is supposed to be, and if it's the same thing that Delores is trying to get to.

On another note, I hope Maeve doesn't die. And where the heck is her crew? I figured they'd have come to the rescue guns blazing to save her by the end of the episode.

This has been so interesting even though at times it can be confusing with it's deeper meaning. Nonetheless I have been enjoying it. And this is coming from someone who's never read the book or seen the movie.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
And this is coming from someone who's never read the book or seen the movie.
There is no book. Just the original movie. Which is a fun popcorn flick, if not at all deep.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:07 PM

1,639 posts, read 1,290,879 times
You're right Mark. I saw Michael Crichton was involved and I immediately thought it was a book he wrote before the movie was made. My mistake. On the other hand, for the writers to elaborate this much based on the movie alone is nothing short of amazing. Major kudos to them

Old 06-12-2018, 07:07 PM

2,700 posts, read 5,151,595 times
I'm watching Season 1 from the beginning again, and noticing a lot of things that didn't catch my attention the first time around.

When Dolores' father starts to misfire, one of the people investigating his code worries aloud that the dysfunction could be contagious. Before he goes completely nuts, he whispers to Delores the line about violent delights, and she repeats that line to other hosts, including Maeve. In another early episode, one of the techs complains that the hosts are always talking to each other. Bernard explains that they're trying to self-correct.

Anyway, it's interesting to me because I'm seeing all this evidence of the hosts waking up in subtle ways and passing their newfound self-awareness along to one another. (Some are more receptive than others. Dolores and Maeve are sensitive to it, but Teddy is not. Is that due to age? Dolores, we're told, is the oldest host in the park. The man in black has been coming for 30 years, and I think Dolores had been there already for about 10 years before he showed up? I don't know if that's right or not. Just an impression I get. How long has Maeve been in service. Are the older hosts more susceptible to the "contagion" than the newer hosts?)

Something I also noticed by starting over from the beginning: the character Akecheta is around in S1E2, but it's not the same actor under the makeup. Zahn McClarnon was amazing this past Sunday in S2E8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or