U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 07:37 PM

3,593 posts, read 4,217,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
There is a similar storyline going on in "HUMANS", although only a few of the androids are trying to kill the humans. Anybody else watching both shows? Humans is on AMC, Tuesday nights, btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have tried. I just can't get into it. I think my last attempt I made it to about episode 4 before getting bored and giving up.
Same here. Really tried, made it almost to the end of the first season, finally gave up.

Just. Too. Slow. for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 10:09 AM

4,946 posts, read 2,023,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I feel like a judge watching Westworld: "I don't see where this is going, but I'm going to allow it. But you better get somewhere quickly, counselor."

Yeah. This is one of those shows I feel like I should like and get into but ugh, it's simply too slow and boring as heck. I got through season 1 and it was okay. But this season I'm crawling through, only on episode4 I think. I find myself pausing it to see how much longer this goes on for. No idea if I'll make it to the end.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM

10,204 posts, read 16,766,798 times
It is very strange to me how many people have posted in this thread that they don't like this show, but yet they're still watching it and still posting about it. Why are you wasting your time watching and thinking about something you find boring?

Westworld is a show for people who like a long, slow, philosophical puzzle to think about.

This show is not meant for you.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:35 PM

4,946 posts, read 2,023,859 times
If it were a philosophic puzzle that would be interesting but it's not. And I watch because I have a season invested and I hope it will turn around as some show do. One can be dissatisfied and hopeful at the same time.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:24 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,047 posts, read 4,790,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
If it were a philosophic puzzle that would be interesting but it's not. And I watch because I have a season invested and I hope it will turn around as some show do. One can be dissatisfied and hopeful at the same time.
I totally agree. I continue watching because of the time I have spent watching in the past. I keep hoping that something is going to happen to wow me.

I am like that with books I read. If I make it through the first third of the book I will usually finish even if I am not liking it all that much......

Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM

15,122 posts, read 19,769,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Ditto. I loved Season 1. Season 2 has had some really good episodes, but by and large is suffering a severe sophomore slump. I'm hoping it will improve.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM

7,705 posts, read 5,436,007 times
This week's ep was really strange, but made the most sense of all shows this year.

But, I do hate sub-titles

Old 06-17-2018, 09:29 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,047 posts, read 4,790,462 times
Tonight's episode (9??): Back to boring. I am beginning to believe that this whole saga could have been told in one season. The writers are really dragging things out...... And Teddy's fate? I am afraid I stopped caring several episodes ago.......

Old 06-17-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Tonight's episode (9??): Back to boring. I am beginning to believe that this whole saga could have been told in one season. The writers are really dragging things out...... And Teddy's fate? I am afraid I stopped caring several episodes ago.......
I can't imagine why you're still watching. This was one of the most amazing hours of TV in a long time.

Absolutely. Stunning.

Boring? Not a chance. All the stories are coming to a head. Maeve & Charlotte et al. Dolores & Teddy (ok, maybe not Teddy). MIB and his daughter (RIP Emily). Bernard & Elsie.

RIP Emily
RIP Teddy
RIP Juliet

Seriously, holy shyte, but I can't wait until next week. I think we're going to revisit that opening scene, the one with the flooded bodies.

The Forge.

Father of the Year, on Father's Day nonetheless .

Old 06-17-2018, 10:48 PM

Next week, the season finale is called "The Passenger". It's written by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, the two showrunners. It's the first episode where they've taken writing credit since last year's finale "The Bicameral Mind".

Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or