U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 12:56 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,037 posts, read 4,778,553 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Shogun and Raj World..... What happened to those hosts? How come the hosts from the "wild west" world are the only ones left to either escape or be terminated at the end of Season 2 (other then the Japanese women with the arrows).
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:59 PM

9,868 posts, read 11,376,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Speaking of Shogun and Raj World..... What happened to those hosts? How come the hosts from the "wild west" world are the only ones left to either escape or be terminated at the end of Season 2 (other then the Japanese women with the arrows).
I feel like in the other two worlds, the hosts were not as aware as the Westworld ones. It was only when some of the Westworld hosts went to Shogun and told them about it was when they sort of started to understand.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:41 PM

5,445 posts, read 4,398,223 times
I just saw the first full episode with Shogun World and I think I'm done with this series. Seriously, this episode was complete garbage. You mean to tell me that they just happened to stumble into town right at the beginning of the programmed story? And now Mauve has some power to control other hosts via wifi or bluetooth just by looking at them funny? With all of this going on, the idea that Mauve still thinks her 'daughter' is out there just ruins it. She knows she is programmed and that hosts are destroyed constantly, why would she think her daughter still exists, and if she does exist, why would the park keep the daugher around when there are hardly any children hosts in the parks. I thought the first season was great with the idea that the hosts are learning/adapting and want out, but this season is just stupid.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:25 PM

15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
Very good analysis of what went wrong with the writing in Season 2 --- and how to fix it in Season 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxjKnMFv8dw

Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,768,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Very good analysis of what went wrong with the writing in Season 2 --- and how to fix it in Season 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxjKnMFv8dw
It is a good analysis that shows the advantages of waiting until a TV show survives more than a few seasons and then binge watching them later on. It tells how Hollywood turns a short story into a marathon, when it should have stayed a short story in the first place.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:17 AM

6,826 posts, read 4,428,208 times
Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 had its ups and downs.

They should have done more of a backstory on the Delos family + William + Robert Ford and Arnold. Also, a bit more input on how the androids are made and what is their power-source. I see they drink, smoke, and eat food. Do they use human food as source of power? Do they robot-defecate too?

Delores - Her role in season 1 was great. It was brilliantly done. How she progressed from host to a conscious host.
Wyatt - This was really over the top. I still didn't understand why the androids were just blindly following her. Also, she got shot 3 times but didn't die. I call BS. I started to hate every time she had screen time. Her whole stick. the valley beyond, we are going to take their world,etc..got really old and tiring. Wyatt is turning into a William but she doesn't have the charisma that William has.
Teddy - Great character. He seemed lost in Season 2 and you can see the internal conflict that he has with Wyatt. He loves Delores but not Wyatt. I feel that he will develop a backbone in Season 3 and go against Wyatt.
Mauve - It would have been better for her character to have left Westworld in season 1. The whole trying to find her fake daughter was somewhat pointless. She gave herself high intellect so it didn't make sense for her to not understand her feelings. (I mean Hector understood that Isabella was fake and was able to fall in love with Mauve). I feel she will be the main rival of Wyatt in Season 3 and beyond. She will be the moral Host along with Teddy.

My favorite characters were Arnold/Bernard, Ford and William and Logan. It is too bad that Season 2 didn't spend 2-3 episodes in going back in time to further develop these characters and how they all are responsible for the creating of Westworld and the host.

Season 2 was ok. I feel that they should have tone down Wyatt's crusade, Mauve's pointless missing kid search, and the MIB's mindless killing spree. Season 2 should have focused on the chaos of several Host become self-conscious and aware and over-taking the park. Wyatt's character should have become a Ford and starting building the new age of host inside Westworld that allows the host to infiltrate the outside world. Everything looks to be back to normal at the park but now the "park" is the real world for the host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or