U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 AM
 
Location: Maine
15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
Reputation: 17201

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
In episode 3 when the host stuck down in the cave broke out of its sleep stage , why did it not kill either of them ?
It had no reason to / was not programmed to. The hosts are not by default killers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
But what happens when two visitors run into each other in the park ?
The guns are non-lethal when fired on a human. Theoretically I guess two human could beat each other to death, but the handlers keep such a close eye on things, I doubt they would allow that to happen. Until something goes wrong.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2018, 07:41 AM
 
373 posts, read 208,258 times
Reputation: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It had no reason to / was not programmed to. The hosts are not by default killers.




The guns are non-lethal when fired on a human. Theoretically I guess two human could beat each other to death, but the handlers keep such a close eye on things, I doubt they would allow that to happen. Until something goes wrong.


Yeah I know they are not programmed to kill humans but they also arenít programmed to do some of the things they are doing now . He came out of its sleep state and attacked

Still all and all a very confusing show but I think itís slowly coming together .

I thought it was very interesting they pieced together that in that bar shootout ( I forget his name ) but the hosts he killed all had storylines and backlogs that involved killing him; he had a grudge
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 05:10 PM
 
373 posts, read 208,258 times
Reputation: 205
Finished season 1 in a couple of days . Wow what a show , the idea and premise and thought to this show is absolutely genius . But my god the time jumps and flash backs and illusions my brain hurts from this lol . Not even entirely sure I even comprehended everything .
But if season 2 is samurai world thatís gong to be awesome
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2018, 05:31 PM
 
5,420 posts, read 3,392,418 times
Reputation: 20467
I think my favorite part of S1 was the interaction between Thandie Newton's character and the repair techs.

More than that I won't say, so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2018, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Maine
15,082 posts, read 19,724,141 times
Reputation: 17201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
Finished season 1 in a couple of days . Wow what a show , the idea and premise and thought to this show is absolutely genius . But my god the time jumps and flash backs and illusions my brain hurts from this lol . Not even entirely sure I even comprehended everything.
After finishing Season 1, finally realizing what was going on, I went back and re-watched from the beginning. It's a lot easier to piece together the clues once you know the endgame. The clues were there all along, hidden in plain sight.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM
 
11,623 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Reputation: 11000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
After finishing Season 1, finally realizing what was going on, I went back and re-watched from the beginning. It's a lot easier to piece together the clues once you know the endgame. The clues were there all along, hidden in plain sight.
Oh this is making my brain crazy! I think I left off at the end of the third episode, my mind in over-drive wanting to figure out what they don't want me to know yet. I usually don't do that, but it's slow, so I am doing it in this show.

I have theories, very terrible, horrifying theories..........
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
 
2,491 posts, read 1,253,079 times
Reputation: 2912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Oh this is making my brain crazy! I think I left off at the end of the third episode, my mind in over-drive wanting to figure out what they don't want me to know yet. I usually don't do that, but it's slow, so I am doing it in this show.

I have theories, very terrible, horrifying theories..........
Iím dying to know how far youíve gotten!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2018, 04:48 PM
 
11,623 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Reputation: 11000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Iím dying to know how far youíve gotten!
You won't believe this. My HBO subscription expired right after the end of the second to last episode. I went to hit 'next', and it wanted me to sign up again, which I can't do right now. I do Showtime when Homeland comes on, and I wouldn't pay $15 for just one epi of a show anyway.

Anyway, so I was like no. way. did. that. just. happen.

I have GOT to find someone with HBO through a cable package to share their password. But most people stream. I have a friend who will share her HBO NOW password, but my TV only accepts HBO GO.

Gr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying :
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2018, 08:34 PM
 
2,491 posts, read 1,253,079 times
Reputation: 2912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You won't believe this. My HBO subscription expired right after the end of the second to last episode. I went to hit 'next', and it wanted me to sign up again, which I can't do right now. I do Showtime when Homeland comes on, and I wouldn't pay $15 for just one epi of a show anyway.

Anyway, so I was like no. way. did. that. just. happen.

I have GOT to find someone with HBO through a cable package to share their password. But most people stream. I have a friend who will share her HBO NOW password, but my TV only accepts HBO GO.

Gr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying :
OMG! Thatís crazy. Hopefully youíll find a way soon to finish it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2018, 08:47 PM
 
11,623 posts, read 5,465,637 times
Reputation: 11000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
OMG! Thatís crazy. Hopefully youíll find a way soon to finish it.
crazy is right - thank you for your sympathy! I was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top